Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyb4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Wish fulfilled. Enjoy Gmail.

Cheers.

imgonephishin said:
Oh dear, I hope I'm not too late. I'd be forever indebted to anyone who can help me get a Gmail invite. I want to grab my name before it's too late. Please email me at:

imgonephishin(at)earthlink(dot)net.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out with this.

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
kentd said:
I offered to send you an invite through a Private Message on June 24th, but you never replied.

Hi, did you get my more recent pm? I wasn't on the boards for a few days (busy with other stuff) and I missed your PM. I sent you one when I was back saying that if you had any others, I'd be happy to get to the end of the queue.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Save me from Micro$oft!

Hi, defintely would like to give Gmail a whirl if anybody has a spare invite and feels like being super-nice!

Thanks!

WCcribs (at) hotmail (dot) com

rob118

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2004
Netherlands
Been fishing for one for aaaaages as well.
Shouldve gotten one via blogger, xcept this id10t forgot to update his blogger email after switching isp :mad:

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
not to be a complete dick about this... but does anyone else find it annoying that most of the people in this thread begging for invites are newbies with like 1 post. (with this thread being that post)

i know we have a lot of lurkers, but sheesh...

maybe i'm just grouchy today

imgonephishin

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
not to be a complete dick about this... but does anyone else find it annoying that most of the people in this thread begging for invites are newbies with like 1 post. (with this thread being that post)

Sorry you feel that way. Yes, I haven't posted very much, but I have been a member of MacRumors for a year and a half. I love the site, but just don't do too much posting on the message board. I'm not sure why you care very much about one message thread. It's not as if the newbies are tramping all over your message board trying to be annoying. If you've got a problem, why not spend your time reading one of the other few thousand threads on the forum and stop griping about a single thread where very nice MacRumors members are helping other people out. Cool off. Live and let live.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
i didnt mean for you to take that *too* personally... its just something i've noticed in this thread for a while now.

i think i have a case of the mondays...

Baron58

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2004
If the paying-it-forward is still going on, I'd really appreciate an invite. I'd like to secure my (real) name before someone else gets it, and will reciprocate with any invites I get.

Thanks,

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
gwuMACaddict said:

i know we have a lot of lurkers, but sheesh...

maybe i'm just grouchy today
I happen to agree actually, I think this should be for the benefit of MR regulars that contribute to the community, not the newbs, which suddenly have reared their heads in this particular thread, sorry fellas :p

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
not too familliar with 'IIRC'...?

but yeah, its *amazing* how many people have like 8 total posts and have a post rate of .01 a day, but all of a sudden show up to this thread...

i'm done my rant now, i promise- i'm glad i wasn't the only one who noticed though...

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
for every 10 people who sign up just to make this one post and then leave, there will be one who stays around and contributes to the community. The other 10 might have annoyed us with a single post, but that's temporary and no big deal. The one person who was drawn to this site by the opportunity to get one of these accounts and then stuck around to really add something will far outweigh the others.

acidrock

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2004
The Evergreen State College
Sorry to be the messenger with the bad news, after I got an google email account a few weeks ago, I was so looking forward to share one with another macrumors member, but I got an email from them that said they are no longer handing out invites. Sorry -acidrock/ nathan

edit: "CAN I GET A GMAIL ACCOUNT?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept additional test participants at
this time. We look forward to announcing a general release of this
service. Because Gmail is in a limited test period, we cannot currently
share more details about when Gmail will be made widely available. Please
note that we are not able to reserve usernames for future use."

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
Nuts. It looks like I got passed over in the queue :(. Ah well :rolleyes:. If anyone out there still has an invite left, I'd certainly appreciate it.

kenkooler

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Mexico City
Me! Me!

I tried to get an account but they never answered when i put my email in the form in google... Ah well...

But if any of you have one to spare I'd be glad to "pay it forward"

Thanks in advance

Edit: sorry... it looks like I was too late

kentd

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2003
Boston, MA
edesignuk said:
I happen to agree actually, I think this should be for the benefit of MR regulars that contribute to the community, not the newbs, which suddenly have reared their heads in this particular thread, sorry fellas :p

It cuts both ways--if only regulars were to get invites, then only regulars would be giving out invites, and that would mean far fewer invites.

Check out my post status, and I gave out 8 gmail invites.

I would think a regular who wanted a gmail invite would have posted relatively early in this thread and so should have gotten a gmail invite by now.

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
hey i only just found this thread, don't normally scroll down that far! but i didnt know this was how gmail worked. i would like a gmail account if theres one going spare?
i would certainly pass invites on if i got one.

iNetwork

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2004
New Mexico
Bump

I'm interested in a gmail account. I will proudly forward invites to other users as well! I've been reading these forums for ages and I decided to finally join.

EDIT: Well there has been some flaming about newbs asking for gmail account. Hopefully I can prove myself an asset to the community. My expertise is corporate networking, hopefully I can help anyone with home networking questions!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.