Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Tap the little planet icon in the bottom right, then choose UPNP/DLNA client, your NAS should then show up if both devices are on the same network and your NAS is setup for that.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Please check the following steps. A NAS is just a SMB server, you need to know the IP address of your NAS first.

How to use smb on GoodPlayer:
GoodPlayer-->Lower left corner blue earth icon-->SMB/CIFS
Client--->Click Plus icon, add 3 parameters here
#1 IP address: note it is ip address only
#2 user name: it'd better without space in it
#3 password
Then save the parameters ,click the new smb server, browse and
play/download files over smb

Hi everyone, good player is indeed a good app but I'm struggling to stream movies from my networkspace2 NAS drive. How do I access my NAS drive through my goodplayer?

----------

Hi everyone, good player is indeed a good app but I'm struggling to stream movies from my networkspace2 NAS drive. How do I access my NAS drive through goodplayer?

----------

If your NAS supports UPnP/DLNA, jaseone's suggestion will work too.

Tap the little planet icon in the bottom right, then choose UPNP/DLNA client, your NAS should then show up if both devices are on the same network and your NAS is setup for that.

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
Movies not working on v2.9

Downloaded v2.9 to my iPhone4 yesterday. When I try to play any of my previous movies the app just shuts down. I've tried shutting the app down and restarted but no avail.

I guess I need to remove it off the phone and re-synch it to Itunes. I'm new to the iPhone thing. Is this the correct approach?

thanks....

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
The approach should be correct.
Do not know why this issue happened, please remove and reinstall the GoodPlayer.

Downloaded v2.9 to my iPhone4 yesterday. When I try to play any of my previous movies the app just shuts down. I've tried shutting the app down and restarted but no avail.

I guess I need to remove it off the phone and re-synch it to Itunes. I'm new to the iPhone thing. Is this the correct approach?

thanks....

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
Reloading v2.9 or going back to v2.8

hustmobile..

I removed v2.9 from my iPhone by unchecking the box in Itunes, synching, then rechecking the box, resynching. Then reloaded the different videos, etc.

same problem

What I did find, is that a FLV movie ran fine. but when i tried to play a mp4 video it was choppy. So I realized I had to turn the Ipod plug-in on. After I did that that app would just shut down when I selected a movie to play. Even the FLV would that just played earlier would shut down the app.

keep in mind, these are all movies that ran great in version 2.8.

how do I re-download a complete new version of 2.9? without paying again...

Also, is there a new Ipod plug-in I need to be using?

help....

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Strange...
2.8 and 2.9 should not have such difference
Turning on/off iPod plugin should be the same for the flv file playback.
There is no new Ipod plug-in, iPod plugin just uses the iOS system playback capabilities.

For "re-download a complete new version of 2.9", please remove GoodPlayer from iphone first, then go to App Store on iPhone and install GoodPlayer again. Please use the same Apple ID as you bought the app. Once you bought an app, you can re-download and upgrade the app forever for free later.

hustmobile..

I removed v2.9 from my iPhone by unchecking the box in Itunes, synching, then rechecking the box, resynching. Then reloaded the different videos, etc.

same problem

What I did find, is that a FLV movie ran fine. but when i tried to play a mp4 video it was choppy. So I realized I had to turn the Ipod plug-in on. After I did that that app would just shut down when I selected a movie to play. Even the FLV would that just played earlier would shut down the app.

keep in mind, these are all movies that ran great in version 2.8.

how do I re-download a complete new version of 2.9? without paying again...

Also, is there a new Ipod plug-in I need to be using?

help....

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011

Still having issues here. When I re-installed v2.9 from the app store, I am able to download movies off the web and they seem to run fine. As soon as I try to connect to iTunes and transfer movies from my computer (that all ran fine on v2.8) it seems to cause problems. They seem to run (with poor quality) with the ipod plugin turned off. When I turn it on, then the app shuts down immediately.

I guess I can try to upload one of these movies to the FTP sites and download it and see if works. Stay away from any iTunes sync and see if that works.

One thing I never noticed before. The filename is display while the movie is playing in white text. Never notice that before.

Is there an easy way to go back to v2.8 for testing purposes?

tx

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
If you do not back your 2.8 GoodPlayer ipa, there is no official way to go back to 2.8.
But if your iPhone is jailbroken, you can just install 2.8 ipa. Please contact us if your iPhone is jailbroken, our email is service@hustmobile.com

This is the only such issue report we got. Could you upload some of your files to Dropbox like file sharing site? So we could give some test. Thanks.

Still having issues here. When I re-installed v2.9 from the app store, I am able to download movies off the web and they seem to run fine. As soon as I try to connect to iTunes and transfer movies from my computer (that all ran fine on v2.8) it seems to cause problems. They seem to run (with poor quality) with the ipod plugin turned off. When I turn it on, then the app shuts down immediately.

I guess I can try to upload one of these movies to the FTP sites and download it and see if works. Stay away from any iTunes sync and see if that works.

One thing I never noticed before. The filename is display while the movie is playing in white text. Never notice that before.

Is there an easy way to go back to v2.8 for testing purposes?

tx

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
I used wireless transfer via FTP site to transfer 2 mp4 files. If you have access to that FTP site, you can test the files. These worked on previous versions of goodplayer. I used handbrake to convert these files to from WMV HD to mp4.

This also proves that I am not hosing up my install of goodplayer when I connect to Itunes and it is getting resynched to some glich stored on my computer.

My iPhone is not jailbroken. I don't know what that is.

Thanks..

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Maybe this GoodPlayer settings will help you.
1 Remove the GoodPlayer and reinstall a new one
2 Do not sync with your iTunes first
3 GoodPlayer -> Settings ->File Manager-> iTunes Sync, turn off it . After turning off the iTunes Sync, the GoodPlayer will not sync with iTunes files. However , you can still use iTunes file sharing to upload the file to GoodPlayer
4 Transfer the files to GoodPlayer and try again.

If you are sure of the iTunes files caused this issue, these steps maybe help.

I used wireless transfer via FTP site to transfer 2 mp4 files. If you have access to that FTP site, you can test the files. These worked on previous versions of goodplayer. I used handbrake to convert these files to from WMV HD to mp4.

This also proves that I am not hosing up my install of goodplayer when I connect to Itunes and it is getting resynched to some glich stored on my computer.

My iPhone is not jailbroken. I don't know what that is.

Thanks..

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011

I post a couple of these files to a file sharing site for you to test. These files run fine thru the Ipod app. I have done all the different ideas in this thread. There is definitely something not right in v2.9 running mp4 files.

tx

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011

the file will run with poor quality. When I turn on the Ipod plug-in, the app shuts down immediately.

The file name extension on the computer is mp4. Files that I downloaded with your app and recorded are mp4. These that do not run show up as .m4v.

I don't know if that means anything. These files run absolutely fine in the Ipod player also.

Is there some other setting I may have turned off/on?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
What we tested with this file:
1. Turn on and turn off iPod plugin
2. on iphone 4 and ipad 2
3. on 2.9 version and coming 3.0 version
No shut down issue found here, so we do not know what happened.

And what kind of iOS device model do you use? And on which iOS version?

the file will run with poor quality. When I turn on the Ipod plug-in, the app shuts down immediately.

The file name extension on the computer is mp4. Files that I downloaded with your app and recorded are mp4. These that do not run show up as .m4v.

I don't know if that means anything. These files run absolutely fine in the Ipod player also.

Is there some other setting I may have turned off/on?

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011

iPhone 4 MODEL MC676LL
OS 4.2.10 (8E600)

I updated the OS and the goodplayer v2.9 on the same day. Maybe that's the problem.

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011

interesting.... do you think CDMA vs GSM would make that much difference? Keep in mind, these worked fine in your v2.8.

Is there someone in your circle that has CDMA version iPhone that can help you test this?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Sometimes the CDMA model has some strange issues according to other developer's talking.
However, this is the first time GoodPlayer has a CDMA model specific issue.
The issue is not in the CDMA/GSM, it is because of different version they are using.
Now we do not have friends with CDMA model to test, and this is the only issue report for this issue.

The 3.0 is just on App Store, please give 3.0 a try.

interesting.... do you think CDMA vs GSM would make that much difference? Keep in mind, these worked fine in your v2.8.

Is there someone in your circle that has CDMA version iPhone that can help you test this?

----------

----------

FTP client added, GoodPlayer 3.0 released
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goodp...416756729?mt=8

What's New in Version 3.0
1 Downloader support improved
2 SMB file/folder ordering improved
3 DLNA/UPnP file/folder ordering improved
4 FTP client added, support FTP download/streaming
5 Dutch language support added
6 Spanish language support added
7 .gsm and .hlv file formats support added
8 Swap the folder function in the file manger:click folder to go into
folder; and click the blue icon to pop up the action sheet

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
FTP client added, GoodPlayer 3.0 released
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goodp...416756729?mt=8

What's New in Version 3.0
1 Downloader support improved
2 SMB file/folder ordering improved
3 DLNA/UPnP file/folder ordering improved
4 FTP client added, support FTP download/streaming
5 Dutch language support added
6 Spanish language support added
7 .gsm and .hlv file formats support added
8 Swap the folder function in the file manger:click folder to go into
folder; and click the blue icon to pop up the action sheet

Still no thumbnails or WebDAV support? :(

Surprising you're calling this V3.0 release - this feels more like V2.81 update.

nodak-in-oh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
Movies not working on v2.9 or v3.0

Same issues with movies not playing in v3.0 as in v2.9.

Run choppy with iPod plug-in turned off. Turn on the Plug-in and the app shuts down.

What happened between 2.8 and 2.9?

Pada

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2010
Santiago, Spain
Ive got a question for you hustmobile. Will you implement the possibility to modify the subtitles and audio timing? Just like VLC does with the G H J K keys (on the mac) while watching a video. Its really annoying when the subtitles or audio are out of sync in a movie!

PS: Sorry for my english :(

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Still working on the WebDAV feature, it is not a simple task.
As for version number, do not expect 0.01 version on GoodPlayer. We just add 0.1 version for our iOS apps upgrade;)

Still no thumbnails or WebDAV support? :(

Surprising you're calling this V3.0 release - this feels more like V2.81 update.

----------

We guess the issue lies on iOS 4.2.10 (8E600), not on the GoodPlayer side.
We have other CDMA model GoodPlayer users too, but we do not get such issue report from them, strange...:confused:

Same issues with movies not playing in v3.0 as in v2.9.

Run choppy with iPod plug-in turned off. Turn on the Plug-in and the app shuts down.

What happened between 2.8 and 2.9?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
We will add subtitle offset settings in the future. thx

Ive got a question for you hustmobile. Will you implement the possibility to modify the subtitles and audio timing? Just like VLC does with the G H J K keys (on the mac) while watching a video. Its really annoying when the subtitles or audio are out of sync in a movie!

PS: Sorry for my english :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.