Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nodymoha

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
I Have a problem with subtitle font

How Can I add more font to GoodPlayer

this program it have an option to choice a font

my language subtitle it can't appear, because don't have the font

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
What language is your subtitle in?
I guess it is not related to font, it is related to the subtitle encoding. Please check the following information.

#22 How to choose subtitle encoding in GoodPlayer?

GoodPlayer ---> Settings ---> Subtitle Setting-->Encoding, please
choose the correct encoding method for your subtitle here.
One safe method is to transcode the subtitle to UTF-8 encoding if you
can not find the right encoding for it.

Below is the Subtitle Encoding and its general names table:
Default Default (Windows-1252)
GB18030 Universal, Chinese (GB18030)
UTF-8 Universal (UTF-8)
UTF-16 Universal (UTF-16)
UTF-16BE Universal (big endian UTF-16)
UTF-16LE Universal (little endian UTF-16)
Windows-1250 Eastern European (Windows-1250)
Windows-1251 Cyrillic (Windows-1251)
Windows-1252 Western European (Windows-1252)
Windows-1253 Greek (Windows-1253)
Windows-1254 Turkish (Windows-1254)
Windows-1255 Hebrew (Windows-1255)
Windows-1256 Arabic (Windows-1256)
Windows-1257 Baltic (Windows-1257)
Windows-1258 Vietnamese (Windows-1258)
Windows-874 Thai (Windows-874)
ISO-8859-2 Eastern European (Latin-2)
ISO-8859-3 Esperanto (Latin-3)
ISO-8859-6 Arabic (ISO 8859-6)
ISO-8859-7 Greek (ISO 8859-7)
ISO-8859-8 Hebrew (ISO 8859-8)
ISO-8859-9 Turkish (ISO 8859-9)
ISO-8859-10 Nordic (Latin-6)
ISO-8859-11 Thai (TIS 620-2533/ISO 8859-11)
ISO-8859-13 Baltic (Latin-7)
ISO-8859-14 Celtic (Latin-8)
ISO-8859-15 Western European (Latin-9)
ISO-8859-16 South-Eastern European (Latin-10)
ISO-2022-KR Korean (ISO-2022-KR)
ISO-2022-TW Traditional Chinese Unix (EUC-TW)
ISO-2022-CN-EXT Simplified Chinese (ISO-2022-CN-EXT)
ISO-2022-JP-2 Japanese (7-bits JIS/ISO-2022-JP-2)
KOI8-R Russian (KOI8-R)
KOI8-U Ukrainian (KOI8-U)
EUC-CN Simplified Chinese Unix (EUC-CN)
EUC-JP Japanese Unix (EUC-JP)
Big5 Traditional Chinese (Big5)
Big5-HKSCS Hong-Kong Supplementary (HKSCS)
Shift_JIS Japanese (Shift JIS)
system System codeset
CP949 Korean (EUC-KR/CP949)
VISCII Vietnamese (VISCII)

I Have a problem with subtitle font

How Can I add more font to GoodPlayer

this program it have an option to choice a font

my language subtitle it can't appear, because don't have the font

nodymoha

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
My language is Arabic

The subtitle not working perfectly

The problem with a font, not with encoding

It's appear like a boxes between the letter

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Which kind of font do you need?
There are some other users using Arabic subtitles as we knew

My language is Arabic

The subtitle not working perfectly

The problem with a font, not with encoding

It's appear like a boxes between the letter

nodymoha

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
Which kind of font do you need?
There are some other users using Arabic subtitles as we knew

Thank you

I Upload the Best font for Arabic Subtitle in this link

HERE

skrhead - it Perfect for Animes
Osama Subtitle Font - it used in our TV Channel . Perfect for Arabic movies
Tahoma - this is a pc font and it support arabic

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks.
But please only use iOS system provided fonts. It is impossible for GoodPlayer to use the 3rd part fonts.

Thank you

I Upload the Best font for Arabic Subtitle in this link

HERE

skrhead - it Perfect for Animes
Osama Subtitle Font - it used in our TV Channel . Perfect for Arabic movies
Tahoma - this is a pc font and it support arabic

stukeyme

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
UK
AirPlay support of video files stored on TimeCapsule (SMB)

Hi,

Can you tell me if GoodPlayer will support "AirPlay" of .m4v files stored on a TimeCapsule to my Apple TV 2? I've read through this thread and it appears that AirPlay support has been added but only for files stored locally on the iOS device, not for files streamed from a network device like the TimeCapsule?

I would like to access the .m4v video files stored on my TimeCapsule using your app and then send the video & audio to my AppleTV 2 via AirPlay. That way I can play my video files without having to leave my Mac on all the time, since the video files are stored on my Time Capsule. I know this isn't a very efficient approach but I can't really see any other solution (unless I jailbreak the Apple TV and use XBMC or Firecore's media player - which isn't something I want to do, having tried it and had lots of problems with stability).

If AirPlay of files stored on the the TimeCapsule (via SMB) isn't currently supported, would you consider adding support to GoodPlayer?

Also does GoodPlayer support reading and displayed tag information that is stored within .m4v files? I have ripped all of my TV Shows DVDs into .m4v and tagged them using iDentify - it would be really great if you could support the embedded tag info to display details such as TV Show Name, Artwork, Description, etc. ?

All of this so that I don't have to leave my Mac on all of the time! At the moment I do l leave my Mac on and stream from the Mac to the Apple TV using Home Sharing. It works great but I'd just like to be able to store the media files on my TimeCapsule and watch them without using the Mac as a middle man. Oh, and I don't have enough room on my iPad to store the files on the iPad either, just in case anybody was going to suggest that!

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
For the current 3.0 version, the .m4v AirPlay support is for local file only.

For the coming 3.1 version, the .m4v over HTTP will also support AirPlay (by the new "Play by iPod Plugin" feature in 3.1). 3.1 version has been submitted for review. This means by the built-in browser and DLNA client to play .m4v will support AirPlay. (Also it will apply to future WebDAV client, it is over HTTP too)

But there is no SMB AirPlay support for .m4v, maybe there is some difference in iOS 5, let us wait.

Hi,

Can you tell me if GoodPlayer will support "AirPlay" of .m4v files stored on a TimeCapsule to my Apple TV 2? I've read through this thread and it appears that AirPlay support has been added but only for files stored locally on the iOS device, not for files streamed from a network device like the TimeCapsule?

I would like to access the .m4v video files stored on my TimeCapsule using your app and then send the video & audio to my AppleTV 2 via AirPlay. That way I can play my video files without having to leave my Mac on all the time, since the video files are stored on my Time Capsule. I know this isn't a very efficient approach but I can't really see any other solution (unless I jailbreak the Apple TV and use XBMC or Firecore's media player - which isn't something I want to do, having tried it and had lots of problems with stability).

If AirPlay of files stored on the the TimeCapsule (via SMB) isn't currently supported, would you consider adding support to GoodPlayer?

Also does GoodPlayer support reading and displayed tag information that is stored within .m4v files? I have ripped all of my TV Shows DVDs into .m4v and tagged them using iDentify - it would be really great if you could support the embedded tag info to display details such as TV Show Name, Artwork, Description, etc. ?

All of this so that I don't have to leave my Mac on all of the time! At the moment I do l leave my Mac on and stream from the Mac to the Apple TV using Home Sharing. It works great but I'd just like to be able to store the media files on my TimeCapsule and watch them without using the Mac as a middle man. Oh, and I don't have enough room on my iPad to store the files on the iPad either, just in case anybody was going to suggest that!

stukeyme

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
UK
So will GoodPlayer 3.1 support AirPlay from TimeCapsule

For the current 3.0 version, the .m4v AirPlay support is for local file only.

For the coming 3.1 version, the .m4v over HTTP will also support AirPlay (by the new "Play by iPod Plugin" feature in 3.1). 3.1 version has been submitted for review. This means by the built-in browser and DLNA client to play .m4v will support AirPlay. (Also it will apply to future WebDAV client, it is over HTTP too)

But there is no SMB AirPlay support for .m4v, maybe there is some difference in iOS 5, let us wait.

Hi. Thanks for your quick response. So can you clarify if the changes in the forthcoming 3.1 version will allow me to stream and AirPlay .m4v files from my TimeCapsule to my Apple TV 2? I'm not clear if this will or will not work. My understanding is that TimeCapsule supports access to files via SMB and AFP only, so does this mean no support?

Also can you comment on my second question:

Does GoodPlayer support reading and displayed tag information that is stored within .m4v files? I have ripped all of my TV Shows DVDs into .m4v and tagged them using iDentify - it would be really great if you could support the embedded tag info to display details such as TV Show Name, Artwork, Description, etc. ?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
The changes in the forthcoming 3.1 version will NOT allow you to stream and AirPlay .m4v files from your TimeCapsule to your Apple TV 2.
The 3.1 supports local and HTTP AirPlay.
SMB files only support native playback. AirPlay needs iPod Plugin support.
There is no AFP support in GoodPlayer.

As for tag information, we will check if GoodPlayer could support it in the future.

Hi. Thanks for your quick response. So can you clarify if the changes in the forthcoming 3.1 version will allow me to stream and AirPlay .m4v files from my TimeCapsule to my Apple TV 2? I'm not clear if this will or will not work. My understanding is that TimeCapsule supports access to files via SMB and AFP only, so does this mean no support?

Also can you comment on my second question:

Does GoodPlayer support reading and displayed tag information that is stored within .m4v files? I have ripped all of my TV Shows DVDs into .m4v and tagged them using iDentify - it would be really great if you could support the embedded tag info to display details such as TV Show Name, Artwork, Description, etc. ?

----------

If your iDevice is not jailbroken, there is no official API for this support.

If your iDevice is jailbroken and you know how to use Unix command "ln" to create symbolic link, you can symbolic link your SD Card adapter storage to the GoodPlayer's Documents folder, so the GoodPlayer could find the files and plays them.

Is it possible for GoodPlayer to read videos off the SD Card adapter?

stukeyme

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
UK
Thanks for the quick response

The changes in the forthcoming 3.1 version will NOT allow you to stream and AirPlay .m4v files from your TimeCapsule to your Apple TV 2.
The 3.1 supports local and HTTP AirPlay.
SMB files only support native playback. AirPlay needs iPod Plugin support.
There is no AFP support in GoodPlayer.

As for tag information, we will check if GoodPlayer could support it in the future.

Thank you for your quick feedback. I guess, for now at least, GoodPlayer will not solve my problem. Any chance that you will add AFP support in GoodPlayer in the future? Or any other way of solving my problem? Thanks again!

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
No AFP support plan in the near future,even there is AFP support, it will be the same with SMB. So it will not help with AirPlay.

There are some hopes in the iOS 5.0, iOS 5.0 comes with a new feature about AirPlay. Maybe it is what we needed. We are still wait for a stable iOS 5 to verify this. So let us wait for iOS 5:)

Thank you for your quick feedback. I guess, for now at least, GoodPlayer will not solve my problem. Any chance that you will add AFP support in GoodPlayer in the future? Or any other way of solving my problem? Thanks again!

smilespray

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
Oslo
Good work, good support!

Just wanted to say I am impressed with the level of support you provide, the response to feature requests and other suggestions, plus the rapid pace of development.

Have been doing a little bit of multi-format video player research today, and the app purchase choice was clear: GoodPlayer.

Keep up the good work! I will be recommending your app to others.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks a lot for the support.
And more updates are coming soon, any suggestion is welcome.

Just wanted to say I am impressed with the level of support you provide, the response to feature requests and other suggestions, plus the rapid pace of development.

Have been doing a little bit of multi-format video player research today, and the app purchase choice was clear: GoodPlayer.

Keep up the good work! I will be recommending your app to others.

1martinez1

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
WMV movie Problem

Hello dear support,

i have an 700 mb wmv movie file and goodplayer is just playing ghe file for one second.
maybe its to heavy for goodplayer? i dont know.

i also have another player and i cant find an "open in" function in good player.
i dont have any chance at the moment to play that file and no computer in the near to convert it.

do u have any idea?

latest goodplayer version
on non jailbroken ipad 2

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Now GoodPlayer doest support "been Open in" by other app, maybe we will try to add this feature in the future.

For the mkv file issue, it looks a performance issue. But we need some details to detect, please give us some details when you have access to the computer.Thanks.

Besides the AVI/MKV file container information, we need more detailed media file information (such as video format/audio format/bit rate)to tell what is the issue. Please use free desktop application MediaInfo ( http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/) to get the detailed media information and send it to us.Thanks.

Sometimes we need the file to pinpoint the issue, please send us the file by Email. If the file size is too big, please upload it to some file sharing site, then we can download it. Thanks for the support.

Hello dear support,

i have an 700 mb wmv movie file and goodplayer is just playing ghe file for one second.
maybe its to heavy for goodplayer? i dont know.

i also have another player and i cant find an "open in" function in good player.
i dont have any chance at the moment to play that file and no computer in the near to convert it.

do u have any idea?

latest goodplayer version
on non jailbroken ipad 2

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
What's New in GoodPlayer Version 3.2
1. The default setting "iTunes Sync" (GoodPlayer->Settings->File Manager->iTunes Sync) is changed to "off". When this "iTunes Sync" setting is "on", the media files in GoodPlayer will sync with iTunes. When this "iTunes Sync" setting is "off", the media files in GoodPlayer will not sync with iTunes. However, the iTunes File Sharing always can be used for uploading files to GoodPlayer.
2. Downloader feature improved
3. WebDAV client added
4. More sorting options for UPnP/DLNA client and WebDAV client added. Please note that for Sort->Default, it means that the sorting is according completely to the server feedbacks (This is very useful for UPnP/DLNA client sometimes).
5. Local folder playlist now supports the sub-folders recursively
6. FTP client now supports folder playback, click the right blue icon of the FTP folder, if there are files available for GoodPlayer playback, a M3U playlist will be created automatically. Please note: no recursively sub-folders support for FTP folder playlist
7. SMB/CIFS client now supports folder playback, click the right blue icon of the SMB folder, if there are files available for GoodPlayer playback, a M3U playlist will be created automatically. Please note: SMB folder playlist now supports the sub-folders recursively
8. Russian localization added
9. Japanese localization added

Pitta

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2010
What's New in GoodPlayer Version 3.2
1. The default setting "iTunes Sync" (GoodPlayer->Settings->File Manager->iTunes Sync) is changed to "off". When this "iTunes Sync" setting is "on", the media files in GoodPlayer will sync with iTunes. When this "iTunes Sync" setting is "off", the media files in GoodPlayer will not sync with iTunes. However, the iTunes File Sharing always can be used for uploading files to GoodPlayer.
2. Downloader feature improved
3. WebDAV client added
4. More sorting options for UPnP/DLNA client and WebDAV client added. Please note that for Sort->Default, it means that the sorting is according completely to the server feedbacks (This is very useful for UPnP/DLNA client sometimes).
5. Local folder playlist now supports the sub-folders recursively
6. FTP client now supports folder playback, click the right blue icon of the FTP folder, if there are files available for GoodPlayer playback, a M3U playlist will be created automatically. Please note: no recursively sub-folders support for FTP folder playlist
7. SMB/CIFS client now supports folder playback, click the right blue icon of the SMB folder, if there are files available for GoodPlayer playback, a M3U playlist will be created automatically. Please note: SMB folder playlist now supports the sub-folders recursively
8. Russian localization added
9. Japanese localization added

Are there any codes still avaible?
(Interested in the SMB streaming features, possibly combined with AirPlay)
Thanks!

J-R

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
Great player - Wishlist..

Thanks for a great player.
Hers my future wishlist:

When browsing a SMB directory and choosing a song I would like to make a playlist on the fly(get more options than "download", "play this URL" and "cancel"). I would like the following options: "Play now", "Play next" and "Play last". Would be great to be able to browse through different directories, pick songs and add them to a current playlist. All while the music you are playing at the moment is not interrupted. And finally a option to view the playlist and possibly save it

And of course: Airplay of videos from SMB shares.. :)

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
For smb playlist, have you checked the latest 3.2 version?
There are some playlist support now, but not fulfill all your requirements.
Here is from 3.2 update logs:

As for SMB airplay support, let us wait for the iOS 5 coming out first. Maybe there are something new in iOS 5. It is impossible for iOS 4.

Thanks for a great player.
Hers my future wishlist:

When browsing a SMB directory and choosing a song I would like to make a playlist on the fly(get more options than "download", "play this URL" and "cancel"). I would like the following options: "Play now", "Play next" and "Play last". Would be great to be able to browse through different directories, pick songs and add them to a current playlist. All while the music you are playing at the moment is not interrupted. And finally a option to view the playlist and possibly save it

And of course: Airplay of videos from SMB shares.. :)

J-R

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
Thanks for your answer. Yes I have upgraded to 3.2 and I have used the "playlist-folder" feature.

However, often I do not want to play the entire folder, but pick some files from one folder, some files from another folder etc. Thats why I miss the "Play now", "Play next" and "Play last" options.

Another thing: When I choose a file it plays, but when i press "done" the music stops and I have to choose another file. Would be convenient if we were able to browse through files and directories while the music continues to play in the background until we choose to play another track

As for SMB Airplay - audio works fine, but no video.

This is not meant as critic. I think Goodplayer is by far the best mediaplayer for iDevices(I have tried them all.... even the jailbreak ones.)
The best thing - you are improving it all the time :)

Last edited:

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks.
We will consider how to implement a dynamic playlist support in the future.
Now we have issue to implement background music playback, we need to fix it first.
As for AirPlay, now the limitation is because of iOS API, so we must wait for iOS 5 first. Hope iOS 5 can give us some new API on AirPlay:)

Thanks for your answer. Yes I have upgraded to 3.2 and I have used the "playlist-folder" feature.

However, often I do not want to play the entire folder, but pick some files from one folder, some files from another folder etc. Thats why I miss the "Play now", "Play next" and "Play last" options.

Another thing: When I choose a file it plays, but when i press "done" the music stops and I have to choose another file. Would be convenient if we were able to browse through files and directories while the music continues to play in the background until we choose to play another track

As for SMB Airplay - audio works fine, but no video.

This is not meant as critic. I think Goodplayer is by far the best mediaplayer for iDevices(I have tried them all.... even the jailbreak ones.)
The best thing - you are improving it all the time :)

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
AirPlay background support

Would it be possible to add support for background AirPlay playback of MP4/M4V videos? Coming from Buzz Player - I was surprised AirPlay background playback isn't supported by GoodPlayer.. Buzz has supported it for a while..

Lack of this feature is a show stopper for using this app for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.