Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
browser ui looks pretty awesome and clean on the iPad :) and i like the "voice" option

seems quiet fast on the iPad too. it first gets "stuck" for like a second and boom the whole page is suddenly loaded

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I knew they would gimp the iOS apps. Googles iOS apps are always gimped compared to androids. You can't make chrome the default. It's running on a slower kit. You can't edit google docs.

And people are expecting a full blown Google Maps app for iOS? Keep dreaming.

FourCandles

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2009
England
Just tried to download it here in UK and it started then said "the item you tried to download is no longer available".

WTF?!

Me too. I guess the links will go to the US store, but odd that the App Store even lets you get as far as clicking Install if it's the wrong country.

emwgradstudent

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2011
I like how tabs are handled and the fact we are not limited to 8 tabs like in Safari. I am up to 23 and it is still going!

obom

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
The app page is still in the app store but the app has been pulled I think as I keep getting the message "The item you tried to buy is no longer available"
Hope Apple didn't pull the app, if they did shame on you Apple!

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
The Chrome to Mobile Beta extension works. Just pushed a web link to the phone, Chrome notification popped up with the url.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
The app page is still in the app store but the app has been pulled I think as I keep getting the message "The item you tried to buy is no longer available"
Hope Apple didn't pull the app, if they did shame on you Apple!

Still available to download in the US:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-28 at 2.06.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-28 at 2.06.35 PM.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 733

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
I have a hard one believing they pulled it. Unless there is something wrong with it they didn't catch. But it's on my iPhone now. (using it to type this).

Checking to see if it downloaded to iTunes on the iMac at home automatically. If so, I'll sync to the iPad so it's there when I get home.

Edit: yup. Was in iTunes. Synced to iPad for when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renzatic

Suspended
The Chrome to Mobile Beta extension works. Just pushed a web link to the phone, Chrome notification popped up with the url.

You don't even need that. Right now, I have this site, my gmail, Ars Technica, and Rock Paper Shotgun open in Chrome on my desktop. When you create a new tab, go to the "other devices" menu at the bottom, and boom! There they are, all my desktop browser tabs, available to choose from in one spot.

It's not as immediate as pushing a link, but it still works great.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
You don't even need that. Right now, I have this site, my gmail, Ars Technica, and Rock Paper Shotgun open in Chrome on my desktop. When you create a new tab, go to the "other devices" menu at the bottom, and boom! There they are, all my desktop browser tabs, available to choose from in one spot.

It's not as immediate as pushing a link, but it still works great.

Of course you have to login for that to work right? I really hate logging in to anything Google.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
App keeps telling me my password is incorrect and that my "account sign-in details are out of date."

not sure whats wrong. i know i'm typing in correctly, going as slow as possible.

anyone else having the problem?

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012
Pretty great! Only complaint I have is when on Forum Spy, when I click on a thread, it takes me to a new tab and the address bar says "about:blank". I have to hold down on the thread in Forum Spy and then choose "Open in new tab." Anyone else having this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.