Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
...yes really!!! My boys have loads of them Angry Bird games on their iDevices and some kids tv shows. I have some films on my iPad, which wouldn't be appropriate for them so wouldn't really want their stuff shared to my devices and vice versa!

That is not how Family Sharing works. Or not how any software ever conceived could possibly work. At all.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
...how would it work then?

I thought the Family Sharing thing meant all apps, films, music, etc got shared to up to 6 family members on their iDevices? :confused:

Do I really need to explain the physical and logistical impossibility of any of that happening automatically and without your consent?

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
...how would it work then?

I thought the Family Sharing thing meant all apps, films, music, etc got shared to up to 6 family members on their iDevices? :confused:
It will share content but there is a set up process for it to happen....not just a case of you install iOS8 then all of a sudden all your 18 rated movies show up on your kids iPad!

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Screen shot of the customized repeating calander events please....

Folks, take some screen shots of these new features. A pic says so much more...

Emberseason

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Seriously, how is allowing third party keyboards copying? It's not like google themselves are creating the innovative keyboard ideas. Was the Google Play store "copying" the App Store? Both allow users to install third party apps.

And please, Apple all but created the modern smartphone design and mobile OS UI. They can borrow an idea here or there from the other companies that benefited massively from Apple's original iPhone innovations.

I second this immensely

dasteve003

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
I saw this asked but never answered. Can you choose which contacts see read notifications? I assume it would be either in the messages settings or maybe even in the individual contacts as a slider.

karlusdavius

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Walked into the Apple Store and saw on my lock screen the apple app icon in the bottom left hand corner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 205

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I saw this asked but never answered. Can you choose which contacts see read notifications? I assume it would be either in the messages settings or maybe even in the individual contacts as a slider.

No you can't.

----------

If I press the Ignore Button it doesn't go away. Damn that Bug Report app is so buggy. I can't even log in to report bugs. lol

Go to Notifications and tur them off for the Bug Reporter app. It'll then go away

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Control Center now has a different view when playing iTunes Radio which includes a Buy button.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 236

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Sorry that it is German but I guess you see where this is going.

EDIT: Control Center now adjusts the screen so you see the brightness how it will look without the dimming of CC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 330

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Due to the continued efforts, and great work by Comeagain? , I have highlighted and made his list the primary post for everyone to follow.

Thanks to all who are contributing to the list, it's nice to see all the features come to light!

bigpimpim90

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2008
iOS 8

When typing now it won't let you delete your whole sentence by just holding the delete button, you gotta press it one by one

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
So it appears that full screen caller ID is not in play for iOS 8? What about the folks that say it is? Any screen shots?

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Safari on ipad behaves the same way on the iPhone now, when you scroll dow a page the address field disappear!

WOW. This is a BFD to me and I'm surprised there haven't been other reactions to this in this thread! There are sites that are horrible for screen real estate on the iPad currently. Engadget comes to mind, especially if you zoom in while in landscape. They have their own menu bar, a huge ad banner along the bottom, and of course all the safari stuff up top. It leaves a ridiculously small amount of space for actual page content. This fix is really great.

I discovered a scan credit card function in Safari when I was entering a card number.

Very cool.

I'm about to drop $3k on a Sonos system for my house. If Apple adds the ability to AirPlay to multiple destinations in iOS 8, it would save me a LOT of money.

Can you not do that with a Mac and the Remote App? Save the thousands. ;)

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to send the same stream to different places, then yes. You can do that today. But if you want to send different streams to different places, then you need Sonos, unless there's something in iOS 8 to do this, which to my knowledge is not the case.

Wow. Really?

Yes. Of course it is optional. Did you think Apple would come in to your home, check on your family and automatically sign you up with the same credit card and link your iTunes accounts?

What's with the tone? Sheesh.

The question is, if you *already* use the same credit card across different accounts (as we do in our family), will Apple see that as "family share" and thus link these accounts - and all their purchased content.

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
If someone could verify this is or is not in ios 7... I noticed In b1 a very small, insignificant thing. In the settings app, when you turn a switch on or off there is a very small elastic animation.

fabiosouzarr

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
Hey guys can you check if you can block apps using passcode? It was announced as an enterprise feature but i want that too :(

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I'm on a MBP with 10.9.3 and I have that functionality now. I don't think it's a Yosemite thing. Can anyone else verify?

1) This thread is about iOS 8, and battery usage by app has never been available until now in iOS.

2) OS X, There is no option to see battery usage by app. As far as I can see, not even in Yosemite.

russellelly

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
Glasgow, UK
I didn't read through all pages, but did they by any chance remove utterly annoying "Location Accuracy - Turn on wifi for better location accuracy" which pooped up when I want to take a picture ???

Would be so happy if that went away. No beta, so no idea myself.

On the subject of personal bugbears, can you search spotlight for an album? Now you'll get the songs from the album, but that'll just let you choose one of the songs, not the album itself.

ETA: thanks a lot to the poster updating post #1 and those with beta access contributing :)

mich321

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
NY
1) This thread is about iOS 8, and battery usage by app has never been available until now in iOS.

2) OS X, There is no option to see battery usage by app. As far as I can see, not even in Yosemite.

My bad, I thought I was on the OS X board. Guess I've got too many tabs open. Feel free to delete this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.