Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Well I installed my Ice Max from AliExpress last night and it has major adherence issues. I'm going to get a replacement and hope for the best. Good news is that otherwise the fit is great and it works with the Apple Leather case.
6425601b8f6ab085ff96126dafdd6585.jpg
9afd2cd00569dc9a9b40a97ef6bc9565.jpg
9f216254c6a59345a0049d1c90223857.jpg

Man do those bubbles have a their own zip codes or what?

Reactions: Poob Bubes

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
So are we in agreement that the Ice Max (version 2) is superior to the Orzly and currently our best choice?

I currently have an Orzly on my device that I have been given a refund for, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth taking the Orzly off to buy and install the new Ice Max.

Yes. The v2 Ice Max is 100% perfect. Just buy it.

The adhesive "issue" isn't really a problem, it's just cosmetic *when you remove the glass* and the dust will just wipe off.

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Yes. The v2 Ice Max is 100% perfect. Just buy it.

The adhesive "issue" isn't really a problem, it's just cosmetic *when you remove the glass* and the dust will just wipe off.
I partially agree with you. If it was just grime after taking it off, but when it starts getting in front of the prox sensor and camera, it's a bigger issue.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
So are we in agreement that the Ice Max (version 2) is superior to the Orzly and currently our best choice?

I currently have an Orzly on my device that I have been given a refund for, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth taking the Orzly off to buy and install the new Ice Max.
Just received the orzly from Amazon...

What was the reason you gave them for a refund?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
You want to know if there are any non edge to edge that protect the edge? Think about that for a minute...
I don't think that's what he's saying. Many non-E2E protectors don't even fully cover the LCD. He doesn't want protection on the bezels, but he does want the LCD 100% covered.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Do you happen to know if the 6/6s Icemax had adhesive all around? I never had to remove mine after installation so who knows what it looks like under there now.
I can confirm as others have that the 6/6s Ice Max did not have adhesive all around. I replaced mine just before I got my new phone and there was a lot of lint all the way around including the sensors.
Looking at the new one (my wife has the 6 now) the senors have a lot of dust and the camera has none.

The Individual

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2015
The third plant from the Sun
You want to know if there are any non edge to edge that protect the edge? Think about that for a minute...

No, that's not what I want to know. Read the post over again and think about it for a minute.
[doublepost=1477527259][/doublepost]
For those who are interested in the Zagg Sapphire Defense for the iPhone 7 Plus, I just finished reviewing it:

Kristin

Does this protector cover the who LCD screen without leaving the sides unprotected?
[doublepost=1477527464][/doublepost]
I don't think that's what he's saying. Many non-E2E protectors don't even fully cover the LCD. He doesn't want protection on the bezels, but he does want the LCD 100% covered.

Correct! Many of the non edge to edge protectors stop short of the LCD screen edge causing the edges to become unprotected. I don't care about the bezels. I mainly care about the LCD being 100% protected.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I installed the TechArmor Corning accessory 2 glass on my iphone 7 plus this morning and so far its excellent, i had a little trouble with one corner tip refusing to adhere to the glass but after some massaging and some pressure it adhered well to the iphone and so far so good, this is a much nicer screen protector than the Techarmor ballistic glass i had prior this new protector, that tech armor ballistic glass was much thicker, however, This new TechArmor Corning accessory 2 glass looks like an excellent choice for the iphone 7 plus as of right now

Why is it that everyone here is recommending the Belkin? whats so special about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: kingston73

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Just opened my Orzly and it is identical to the ones I've already installed (ie. Cygnett RealCurve 3D and Godosmith V1).

Definitely not 3D curved around the edges and gap around the edges.

Pretty sure they are all made in the same factory in China and put in different packaging.

Very disappointed...

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
For those who are interested in the Zagg Sapphire Defense for the iPhone 7 Plus, I just finished reviewing it:

Kristin
Professional as always, but I think you're too kind/forgiving. For $50, it should be perfect. There should be no lifting/discoloration, and the oleophobic coating should be great.

Also, the 7x shatterproof and self-healing claims need to be tested.

As always, thanks for sharing.

Low country

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2016
South Carolina
Just opened my Orzly and it is identical to the ones I've already installed (ie. Cygnett RealCurve 3D and Godosmith V1).

Definitely not 3D curved around the edges and gap around the edges.

Pretty sure they are all made in the same factory in China and put in different packaging.

Very disappointed...

I reached out to Orzly via email to their UK email address....Zero response. Terrible customer service. Amazon emailed me a return label. What I am most unhappy with on the Orzly Pro-Fit 3D is the sharp edge that surrounds the home button cut out and a slight haze or very fine polishing scratches throughout the entire glass surface. The fit otherwise is really nice. Also no bubbles or adhesion issues anywhere.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I reached out to Orzly via email to their UK email address....Zero response. Terrible customer service. Amazon emailed me a return label. What I am most unhappy with on the Orzly Pro-Fit 3D is the sharp edge that surrounds the home button cut out and a slight haze or very fine polishing scratches throughout the entire glass surface. The fit otherwise is really nice. Also no bubbles or adhesion issues anywhere.
I purchased Orzly from Amazon via G-Hub USA and had fantastic customer service. Also, the choir around my home button is smooth and comfortable. Odd.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I purchased Orzly from Amazon via G-Hub USA and had fantastic customer service. Also, the choir around my home button is smooth and comfortable. Odd.

as i metioned above, i installed the techarmor corning accessory 2 glass screen protector this morning, excellent protector so far, had a bit of trouble to get one corner to fully adhere but after some massaging of the corner its now stuck on nicely, how long does it usually take for the glass screen protector to CURE onto the iphone? 24 hours? or theres no curing period?

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010

Just installed the Orzly on my iPhone 7, and I concur regarding no bubbles. It was one of the easiest installation I had. I didn't have to worry about soothing out anything once it applied.

However, it's a temp until my Ice Max V2 comes in, but then again based on a previous report, I'm not sure how bubble-hassle it'll be.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I installed the TechArmor Corning accessory 2 glass on my iphone 7 plus this morning and so far its excellent, i had a little trouble with one corner tip refusing to adhere to the glass but after some massaging and some pressure it adhered well to the iphone and so far so good, this is a much nicer screen protector than the Techarmor ballistic glass i had prior this new protector, that tech armor ballistic glass was much thicker, however, This new TechArmor Corning accessory 2 glass looks like an excellent choice for the iphone 7 plus as of right now

Why is it that everyone here is recommending the Belkin? whats so special about it?
I'd really like to see some photos of this protector. The Belkin v.1 is so smooth and thin, but doesn't cover the full visible screen area. Does this TechArmor extend to the full flat area of the screen?

The Belkin is very popular because Apple can install with a special little machine that aligns it perfectly. It doesn't seem prone to scratches and has good coating. Apparently, the v.2 version will be available towards the end of November.

idanny34

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I'd really like to see some photos of this protector. The Belkin v.1 is so smooth and thin, but doesn't cover the full visible screen area. Does this TechArmor extend to the full flat area of the screen?

The Belkin is very popular because Apple can install with a special little machine that aligns it perfectly. It doesn't seem prone to scratches and has good coating. Apparently, the v.2 version will be available towards the end of November.

I see, the techarmor corning protector I got covers the entire flat portion of the screen and is super thin at 0.2mm as well, not edge to edge, I'm using the Apple leather case so this is perfect for me

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.