Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
I see, the techarmor corning protector I got covers the entire flat portion of the screen and is super thin at 0.2mm as well, not edge to edge, I'm using the Apple leather case so this is perfect for me
Mind posting pics? I would like to see how far the coverage extends on the LCD sides.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I installed the TechArmor Corning accessory 2 glass on my iphone 7 plus this morning and so far its excellent, i had a little trouble with one corner tip refusing to adhere to the glass but after some massaging and some pressure it adhered well to the iphone and so far so good, this is a much nicer screen protector than the Techarmor ballistic glass i had prior this new protector, that tech armor ballistic glass was much thicker, however, This new TechArmor Corning accessory 2 glass looks like an excellent choice for the iphone 7 plus as of right now

Why is it that everyone here is recommending the Belkin? whats so special about it?

as i metioned above, i installed the techarmor corning accessory 2 glass screen protector this morning, excellent protector so far, had a bit of trouble to get one corner to fully adhere but after some massaging of the corner its now stuck on nicely, how long does it usually take for the glass screen protector to CURE onto the iphone? 24 hours? or theres no curing period?

I'd really like to see some photos of this protector. The Belkin v.1 is so smooth and thin, but doesn't cover the full visible screen area. Does this TechArmor extend to the full flat area of the screen?

The Belkin is very popular because Apple can install with a special little machine that aligns it perfectly. It doesn't seem prone to scratches and has good coating. Apparently, the v.2 version will be available towards the end of November.

My techarmor/corning glass protector is great, seems like a very good coating and very few finger prints. Mine went on perfect the first time so I can't say how long to wait to see if it adheres or not.

I understand that apple installs the belkin for you but I really can't imagine it's 3x's better than this techarmor. Other than the install machine what else does it have going for it?

I installed it with an even distance all around the speaker if that helps anybody. Arrange the top first and then center the bottom, all without putting any downward pressure on it. Once it's centered just push the center and it basically set itself.

I'm still not sure what people are calling the "flat surface" vs the visible screen area. Side to side it covers exactly the visible screen, how much more you can cover and not have adherence issues is up for grabs and I think there's a fine line between covering the screen and having a halo.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
My techarmor/corning glass protector is great, seems like a very good coating and very few finger prints. Mine went on perfect the first time so I can't say how long to wait to see if it adheres or not.

I understand that apple installs the belkin for you but I really can't imagine it's 3x's better than this techarmor. Other than the install machine what else does it have going for it?

I installed it with an even distance all around the speaker if that helps anybody. Arrange the top first and then center the bottom, all without putting any downward pressure on it. Once it's centered just push the center and it basically set itself.

I'm still not sure what people are calling the "flat surface" vs the visible screen area. Side to side it covers exactly the visible screen, how much more you can cover and not have adherence issues is up for grabs and I think there's a fine line between covering the screen and having a halo.

yeah the belkin really has nothing going for it except that machine installing it perfectly for you by apple, from what i heared its thicker at 0.3mm where the techarmor corning accessory 2 glass is 0.2mm which is fantastically thin i love it, fingerprints do show up a bit which is a bit of a bummer but it is what it is..

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Professional as always, but I think you're too kind/forgiving. For $50, it should be perfect. There should be no lifting/discoloration, and the oleophobic coating should be great.

Also, the 7x shatterproof and self-healing claims need to be tested.

As always, thanks for sharing.
I hear you, and I think that for people (like me) whose primary focus is on usability, rather than protection, a screen protector such as the Zagg Glass+ or the BodyGuardz Pure 2 is a better choice. And I look forward to having someone else test the 7x impact protection, but that's not something I do :)

Kristin

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I hear you, and I think that for people (like me) whose primary focus is on usability, rather than protection, a screen protector such as the Zagg Glass+ or the BodyGuardz Pure 2 is a better choice. And I look forward to having someone else test the 7x impact protection, but that's not something I do :)

Kristin
Maybe Aaron the Ho will get on it soon.

Reactions: Daranx

nmeed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2014
I installed the TechArmor Corning accessory 2 glass on my iphone 7 plus this morning and so far its excellent, i had a little trouble with one corner tip refusing to adhere to the glass but after some massaging and some pressure it adhered well to the iphone and so far so good, this is a much nicer screen protector than the Techarmor ballistic glass i had prior this new protector, that tech armor ballistic glass was much thicker, however, This new TechArmor Corning accessory 2 glass looks like an excellent choice for the iphone 7 plus as of right now

Why is it that everyone here is recommending the Belkin? whats so special about it?

I am looking to purchase this screen protector, could you please post a picture of it?

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
I think I may try the Tech Armor Corning instead of the Ice Max. I loved the Ice Max paired with Magpul Bump on my 6s, but I'm using the Apple Leather case this time and I'm not liking the added weight that the Ice Max contributes.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I think I may try the Tech Armor Corning instead of the Ice Max. I loved the Ice Max paired with Magpul Bump on my 6s, but I'm using the Apple Leather case this time and I'm not liking the added weight that the Ice Max contributes.
Big difference between edge to edge and non edge to edge though. Just make sure it's what's according to your taste.

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
IMG_0001.JPG
Installed the Orzly yesterday afternoon on a brand new replacement device. Let it sit all night. Already asked for a refund this morning. Has an air bubble that will not go away. The Touch ID cutout is sharper then most I've felt. Coating is not horrible but, again I've felt better. I had dust in the camera and prox sensor on day one with the Turata and nothing so far with this one. On a side note, it plays better with the Spigen Liquid Armor.

So in comparison to the Turata.
Coating: Turata
Edges: Turata
Cutouts: Orzly
Fit: Orzly (Except for the bubble I have)
[doublepost=1477605130][/doublepost]Does anyone have any personal experience with the Winnergear Topaz? Aaron gave it a great review, but $40 seems a bit steep and a "Before Christmas" delivery makes me hesitant.

irod87

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Anker Glass Guard looks good except the edges are not sticking down all the way. Never had that problem with an Anker product.

VSH1

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
London
all,
I am after V2 of GDSmith part number on amazon site is B01M4IQ9BK as stated by crazymeeshu.

But I can only find B01MDQY4OW on UK site. Has anybody ordered this and confirm its V2 same as above?

edenergy

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2016

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Anker Glass Guard looks good except the edges are not sticking down all the way. Never had that problem with an Anker product.

Its a known issue. They will have a fix out by the end of November. Only seems to happen with 7Plus. Kind of like the halo effect with the 6s. Anker fixed that one, so they know what they are doing.

Reactions: irod87

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I guess I ended up with a good one then.

My first one was a good one, my second one was awful. Had the entire halo effect. Third one has slight bubbles randomly around the edge but much better than the second. They ended up refunding me for all three. Anker truly has great CS.

Reactions: danny8200

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Havent tried any glass protectors for a while. Are there any out there that are clear and are full coverage? The last ones I tried to order were from canaloo a year or two ago but they pulled them due to QC issues.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Got the Orzly and installed. It's similar if not exactly the same as the Godosmith V1:
- Still not full 3D and gap around the edges.
- Can see through the holes of the home button/speaker by looking through the top/bottom of the phone
- No adhesive around the edges or home button/speaker
- Seems thinner than the Godosmith though

IMG_4236.JPG IMG_4238.JPG IMG_4239.JPG IMG_4242.JPG IMG_4539.JPG

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Just fitted the tech armour ballistic glass to my 7 and I'm very happy, its a non e2e but covers the the full visual part of the screen and is the first to fully adhere all around the edges for me. I've tried the panzer and spigen and both were rubbish

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Got the Orzly and installed. It's similar if not exactly the same as the Godosmith V1:
- Still not full 3D and gap around the edges.
- Can see through the holes of the home button/speaker by looking through the top/bottom of the phone
- No adhesive around the edges or home button/speaker
- Seems thinner than the Godosmith though

View attachment 668898 View attachment 668899 View attachment 668900 View attachment 668901 View attachment 668902
Good pics. Thanks for the post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.