Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
View attachment 670026 View attachment 670027 View attachment 670028 View attachment 670029
Wow so uhh so now that the cubs took the series i decided to open up the box thinking it was my icemax, turns out it was my imos. it got here in 2 days flat. I was shocked! heres some pictures, about to do the install as soon as the bathroom steams up.

Holy SNAPS!!

Please take detail pictures!

From the side shot of your picture, it doesn't look like the adhesive goes "all" the way up to the flat part of the screen.

It does look like there's adhesive around the sensors though.

I still feel it's going to be more prone to dust getting underneath since the adhesive is minimal on the top.

Illmaculate

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Hey guys, I've repurposed my iPhone 6 ice max 3D onto my 7 and haven't had any issues. However, can anybody tell me whether the sensors above the speaker are in the same place?

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
View attachment 670026 View attachment 670027 View attachment 670028 View attachment 670029
Wow so uhh so now that the cubs took the series i decided to open up the box thinking it was my icemax, turns out it was my imos. it got here in 2 days flat. I was shocked! heres some pictures, about to do the install as soon as the bathroom steams up.

I am interested to know if they are thinner. They were very thick when they first came out. That is why they included a ring.

Your picture doesn't see to be too thick.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Boy, your hot water takes a while, eh? JK, but did you manage to take any pics after install? How'd it go?
[doublepost=1478266314][/doublepost]
YES!!! Double sided tape around the cutouts!!! imos glass

cutouts I meant proximity sensor and home button.

View attachment 669892

View attachment 669893
Where those pics of the iPhone 6S version or the new iPhone 7 version?
[doublepost=1478266452][/doublepost]
Who wants to try and report back?

Hopefully not the same ones as orzly or godosmith who're probably manufactured in the same factory just with different packaging
Coupon code "LASTSECOND" will get you 10% off ($3). With free shipping, that would put the protector around $27.

Last edited:

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Boy, your hot water takes a while, eh? JK, but did you manage to take any pics after install? How'd it go?

hahaha sorry guys, fell asleep and work and school have been keeping my busy, managed to install only to find out that the second cut out by the proximity sensor is on the left side instead of the right side like on every other iphone 7 protector. also the speaker cut out isnt iphone 7 size. so long story short, this is the same exact as the iphone 6/6s imos. besides the packaging. I sent the seller a message and he said that imos said the second sensor hole being on the left doesnt effect anything, and so far auto-brightness works perfect as well as screen-off when you put it up to your face so i believe him there. The only part I dont like is the speaker cut out not being long enough, comes up a tiny bit short. seller offered a refund to send it back but i kind of want to keep it. thoughts guys? ill have pics installed later.

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
For what it costs? 100% send it back. That's shady business and they're ripping folks off. Enough to make me never buy from them.

P.S. You included your reply in the quoted text by mistake.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
For what it costs? 100% send it back. That's shady business and they're ripping folks off. Enough to make me never buy from them.

P.S. You included your reply in the quoted text by mistake.

yeah i realized that my mistake. ughhhh :( but i love the smoothness and fit compared to the rest of the stuff i tried. my ice max did come in yesterday though. and shipping all the way back to shenzou china or whatever its called sounds expensive and long. im gonna see if theres anything else they can do.

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
yeah i realized that my mistake. ughhhh :( but i love the smoothness and fit compared to the rest of the stuff i tried. my ice max did come in yesterday though. and shipping all the way back to shenzou china or whatever its called sounds expensive and long. im gonna see if theres anything else they can do.

how easy were the bubbles to remove?

I remember it was a pain in the ass to remove the bubbles on my 6s Plus., literally hours of massaging.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
how easy were the bubbles to remove?

I remember it was a pain in the ass to remove the bubbles on my 6s Plus., literally hours of massaging.
got most of the bubles out after 10 minutes. just had one which was a pain the ass that i left overnight and did the next morning. spent a good 30 minutes on it but it came out.

Reactions: 6thDAY

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
got most of the bubles out after 10 minutes. just had one which was a pain the ass that i left overnight and did the next morning. spent a good 30 minutes on it but it came out.

Just ordered one also.

Can you tell me what date you purchased it and when it arrived?

Trying to see how fast they are as you claim.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
So GD Smith did send me a replacement screen protector. Several posts back I mentioned I complained that I ordered an Ice Max 3D on Amazon and received a Titan and I wasn't satisfied. They agreed to send me the updated version. I received today a package that says Knight Series 3D Tempered Glass, 0.26mm. I saw others post pictures saying Ice Max 3D so I really don't know what I received. Take a look. You all won't be happy with me, but I won't remove the Belkin Ultra I currently have until the new version is out. At that time I will give this a try and then remove and take a trip to the Apple Store if I am not happy. Anyone else seen this Knight Series? I have been following this thread since the beginning and don't remember it being mentioned.
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0128.jpg

Reactions: DeepIn2U and 6thDAY

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
So GD Smith did send me a replacement screen protector. Several posts back I mentioned I complained that I ordered an Ice Max 3D on Amazon and received a Titan and I wasn't satisfied. They agreed to send me the updated version. I received today a package that says Knight Series 3D Tempered Glass, 0.26mm. I saw others post pictures saying Ice Max 3D so I really don't know what I received. Take a look. You all won't be happy with me, but I won't remove the Belkin Ultra I currently have until the new version is out. At that time I will give this a try and then remove and take a trip to the Apple Store if I am not happy. Anyone else seen this Knight Series? I have been following this thread since the beginning and don't remember it being mentioned. View attachment 670354 View attachment 670355 View attachment 670356
So weird

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
i recieved the same one today.
[doublepost=1478315747][/doublepost]heres my tracking info btw for the imos i ordered

I guess the the $16 shipping fee really does justice internationally :)

Please post side pictures of edges when you get a chance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.