Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
I had it for the 6 and 6s, the oleophobic coating is to me as good or even better than apples. Durability is off the charts, install takes longer then normal ones due to all the adhesive which actually goes around the whole phone even above the camera and sensors, and the edges taper down real nicely. I highly recommend it, kristen ( i believe thats what her name is) did a review on her channel of it, she posted the saphire zagg glass review earlier in the thread.

Bizzle79

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2011
New England
I dont know what I am doing to my glass screen protectors. I bought the Turata and loved it. My phone fell and it saved my bacon but my Turata was destroyed. Fortunately i had the GDSmith from Amazon at home as backup - i installed and didnt like it so much but didnt want to remove it. This was several weeks ago. I woke up this morning and on my commute to work noticed the edge was rough, alas the screen protector was cracked again! My phone didnt fall or drop in the last 24-48h rs, i am still confused as to how that happened. I freaked out and removed it, worried that my screen was broken. Saved by the bell again.

Now I am without a SP and Turata for 7 plus is no longer available on Amazon. Where can i get the Turata online? And any new glass E2E screen protectors recommended? Thanks

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I think this is for the 6 and 6s (even though its labeled for the 7) because its asking you for the color of ring for the home button. I purchased one for my 6s last year. Its a GREAT screen protector though.

Why would you think it's not for the 7 plus?

The ring is provided so you don't feel the rough edges around the home button since it's so thick.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008

The ring is provided so you don't feel the rough edges around the home button since it's so thick.

If thats the case, then great! I just know that the auction is identical for the 6s protector I bought last year.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

B/c in previous iPhone models there was a ring around the home button, and this was to help protect its finish, but there is no longer a ring around the home button with iPhone 7.

Reactions: 6thDAY

pchan0

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
Whoa!!!$45&$20 shipping. Is that piece of glass that good

Yes it's expensive but you get what you paid for, the oleophobic coating on this is just unreal! Had mine for my 6S plus for a good 8 months and the coating is still very smooth.

IMG_5145.JPG

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I had it for the 6 and 6s, the oleophobic coating is to me as good or even better than apples. Durability is off the charts, install takes longer then normal ones due to all the adhesive which actually goes around the whole phone even above the camera and sensors, and the edges taper down real nicely. I highly recommend it, kristen ( i believe thats what her name is) did a review on her channel of it, she posted the saphire zagg glass review earlier in the thread.
Imos is supposed to be sending me two screen protectors for the 7 Plus--one edge to edge and one case compatible. No idea yet when they will arrive, however...

Kristin

pchan0

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
YES!!! Double sided tape around the cutouts!!! imos glass

cutouts I meant proximity sensor and home button.

IMG_5153.JPG

IMG_5154.JPG

Last edited:

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
I think this is for the 6 and 6s (even though its labeled for the 7) because its asking you for the color of ring for the home button. I purchased one for my 6s last year. Its a GREAT screen protector though.
Lets hope not! ill be salty haha.

B/c in previous iPhone models there was a ring around the home button, and this was to help protect its finish, but there is no longer a ring around the home button with iPhone 7.
The stainless steel ring is still there around the home button? its what activates touch i.d.?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
So I've received a full refund for the two Orzly I bought off GHUB on Amazon. The lady said "I can see what you mean... and I'm quite surprised, because we have tested this screen protector at the office and we haven't had this problem. If you prefer a refund a will be more than happy to process it, but I'm sure that, if I send you a replacement, this problem will not happen again."

Yeh right - You're just gonna send me the same thing.

Pretty much done with fake 3D E2E protectors for now. I'll keep checking in this thread until there's one out there that has no gaps and true 3D.

Reactions: 6thDAY

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
So I've received a full refund for the two Orzly I bought off GHUB on Amazon. The lady said "I can see what you mean... and I'm quite surprised, because we have tested this screen protector at the office and we haven't had this problem. If you prefer a refund a will be more than happy to process it, but I'm sure that, if I send you a replacement, this problem will not happen again."

Yeh right - You're just gonna send me the same thing.

Pretty much done with fake 3D E2E protectors for now. I'll keep checking in this thread until there's one out there that has no gaps and true 3D.
Funny b/c I ordered from same provider and when I explained the same issue, the rep offered the refund saying that any further protectors would have the exact same design.

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Funny b/c I ordered from same provider and when I explained the same issue, the rep offered the refund saying that any further protectors would have the exact same design.
Offered me a replacement, when I stated my issues and said I would prefer a refund, got a refund within 24 hours.
The product might not have been ideal, but GHub was a good seller.
Hopefully a better product will develop soon that isn't $60 plus dollars.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
iMOS makes an excellent product. I didn't see a measurement, but they used to be thick. The ring for the home button makes up for that.

I worry about 3D Touch...

They can be challenging to install, but best product available that I know of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.