Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
iTunes Match is now showing on the Canadian iTunes Store for $27.99 annually. Will be trying it out forthwith!

Fingers crossed... :)

**Update: Clicked on "Purchase", entered my password and immediately got a receipt from Apple. I had to go into my iTunes Store account settings to "Add this computer" for iTunes Match to appear in the side column. Here we go...

**Update2: After adding my computer for iTunes Match to be activated, iTunes tries to connect to the Store and I'm given an error and that I should try to sign out and then in again (which I've done to no avail.) My account does state that I'm now subscribed to Match however with an auto-renew set for Dec. 14th, 2012. Guess there are still a few kinks to work out...
Identical for me too.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
The suspense is killing me... might as well go to sleep and see if it's fully working in the morning!

I'm so stoked about iTunes match because I love having high quality songs!

And for some reason, I get a massive kick out of seeing the "Downloads" menu in the iTunes sidebar and seeing all those lovely songs/apps/TV shows/movies downloading... :|

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
Does it with itunes accounts from different countries? i..e I use an american itunes account and a UK one. if I sign up to UK match will it match all content I bought on american account?

Jolyon

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2008
I'm no longer getting an option to "Add this computer", and if I right click on a song, the option to "Add to iCloud" is gone. :(

benadd

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2007
Leeds
Yes!

Have purchased it... Little cloud icons appearing, iTunes Match in the sidebar.

Don't think anything special is going to happen until morning!

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
I have about 80 songs that iTunes Plus has been bugging me to upgrade for years now. Will iTunes match essentially upgrade them?

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
Can I pay for match with iTunes voucher credit? I have £51 left from my Back To School voucher and I can think of worse things to use it.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
@masterhowl

Even though Match isn't working and ive bought it, iTunes Plus is now 100% missing from iTunes!!

@Lost

YES! I just paid using an iTunes store card credit

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
I'm seeing the option to sign up in Canada, but I think I'll hold off. I don't want my library getting messed up.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
iv got the option to buy it
but think i might wait for a day or two, before handing over my money
and see if anyone is having much luck with it

it will also give me some time to make sure my tags are all sort etc
speaking of that, does anyone recommend a good program that i can use on the mac?

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
10 devices total (A device in an iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC)

----------

When you go to your account in iTunes after turning OFF auto renew it says

"....Will no longer be availalbe on Dec 14 2012.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
I was able to buy it in Canada but it's not working at the moment so don't feel like you're missing too much.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
10 devices total (A device in an iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC)

----------

When you go to your account in iTunes after turning OFF auto renew it says

"....Will no longer be availalbe on Dec 14 2012.

i "Think" it just means the option to download from the iCloud won't be availalbe after that date. they say the music is DRM free.
so its not like they can stop the music thats already downloaded to our devices.

but i could be wrong. like i said i "think"

lilpete

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2011
Australia
tempted to get it! although I'm not sure if i choose to upgrade all my songs to 256kbps will it also lower any songs I have at 320kbps down to 256?

littleday

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
Typical Aussie Price Hike

$34.99 for Itunes match in Australia, when our dollar is in parody or more often that not stronger than the US Dollar?! Yeh seems right apple, charge us more.

So sick of this, it was even in the news paper a couple of days ago, that australia is getting ripped of internationally, because everyone thinks that just cause our country isn't completely screwed from debt issues that its ok to charge us more.

(yes i know we have higher taxes over here, and we do live on an island, but still its not an excuse for in a lot of cases for companies to charge us double what every one else is getting in the world for normal prices.Also i know they arnt charging us double, but with taxes they are getting charged it should only equal to around $30)

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
I wasn't asking what it meant, just pointing out the obvious spelling error. But thanks anyways. :D

SebEnnis

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Sydney
tempted to get it! although I'm not sure if i choose to upgrade all my songs to 256kbps will it also lower any songs I have at 320kbps down to 256?

No, there was a post on here when Match was released in America, on how to make a smart playlist for all your songs under 256kbps and that have been matched.

allenjennings

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Portsmouth, UK
Rebate being processed for "accidental purchase"

I too purchased iTunes Match from within my profile assuming it had been launched in the UK.

I have queried it with iTunes through the "purchase support" and they are currently trying to "...get this issue with your accidental purchase of iTunes match resolved at the earliest convenience" and go on to say "You will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available"

The fact they refer to it as an accidental purchase gave me the "glass half empty" feeling, although I'm trying to stay optimistic!

I get this at the moment with the icon on the left and obviously incorrect content in the centre which was the give away it wasn't working for me (as well as an error message telling me to log out and back in again!):

393248_10151036959910062_793330061_21481635_1540618671_n.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.