Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Well, Match has reapppeared in my sidebar, but it still shows the Genius page I got originally. Also I can select Store>Update iTunes Match, but it gives me teh same error regarding signing out and in again.

DaMike8

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2011

YES! iTunes Match is OFFICIALLY in Canada!
454545x.jpg

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
$34.99 for Itunes match in Australia, when our dollar is in parody or more often that not stronger than the US Dollar?! Yeh seems right apple, charge us more.

So sick of this, it was even in the news paper a couple of days ago, that australia is getting ripped of internationally, because everyone thinks that just cause our country isn't completely screwed from debt issues that its ok to charge us more.

(yes i know we have higher taxes over here, and we do live on an island, but still its not an excuse for in a lot of cases for companies to charge us double what every one else is getting in the world for normal prices.Also i know they arnt charging us double, but with taxes they are getting charged it should only equal to around $30)

With iTunes Match, Apple has to make deals with the music labels or they won't allow it. The music labels are the ones causing the extra charges. If you look at the App Store, where Apple controls the prices, prices in Australia are on parity with the US. But on the iTunes store they're still 70% higher, because Apple has an agreement with the labels to charge $1.69/$2.19 per song, regardless of currency fluctuations

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
Folks it almost here... give it chance to propigate across all the servers and link it with the itunes accounts. It maybe the reason its tucked away in the account settings rather than on the front page of Itunes stores. Once it all up the cloud will be on the left hand side or select from the store menu in itunes.

And for all those asking:

iTunes Store purchases made with the same Apple ID being used for iTunes Match do not count towards the 25,000 song limit.

Unmatched content will be uploaded as is; upload time varies depending on the amounts uploaded and local network speeds.

Song files over 200 MB will not be uploaded to iCloud.

Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) will not be matched or uploaded to iCloud unless your computer is authorized for playback of that content.

Songs purchased outside of the United States iTunes Store containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) will not be matched or uploaded to iCloud.

You can buy itunes match with store credit as long as another credit or debit card is linked to your itunes account.

10 Devices can be linked to your itunes Match account thats a mix of your computers and IOS devices!

Source:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4914

Tee1970

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2010
I went thru the matching process about a week ago. First stuff I did -

-Created a playlist of all music with a bit rate less than 256 VBR (variable bit rate)
-Updated all "songs" that were actually audiobooks to the correct media type and genre so they wouldn't all get uploaded as unmatched songs and to get below the 25,000 song limit (I had about 32,000 items when audiobook tracks were included.)
-Re-imported a few cds where I had bit rates less than 100 VBR (too low and it won't match)
-Back up the music collection

The actual scanning and matching ran very quickly, was done in about 2 hours for 9000 songs. About 3,000 were in a low quality that could be redownloaded at the higher iTunes Plus quality. I deleted the matched and upgradable songs, then used the playlist to help track progress for redownloading. I did that part over 2 days on and off when i was not doing other stuff.

I turned on iTunes match on my phone after a few days, and it warns you it will replace your music. I have a metered 3G plan, so I didn't want to stream all the time. I selected a bunch of songs to redownload via wifi, but turned off the iCloud-only music. So basically using iTunes match to upgrade all my music, and provide an off-site, always available backup of my music collection. Well worth the $25! Less to put in my regular backups, and less room to take up on my laptop if you want to delete local copies and store the upgraded music on an external harddrive. Used to be that your entire music collection had to be in the iTunes music directories, now very easy to have partials. Would have loved this a few years ago, as I had been purposely burning lower fidelity songs to save space on my laptop. Now you can listen to the hi-fidelity music all the time, with less hassle.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Match has disappeared from my sidebar again. I think I'll go and watch the BBC2 Steve Jobs documentary on iPlayer and try again in a bit.:(

allenjennings

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Portsmouth, UK
Not good for UK :(

Just heard back from iTunes with the following in the reply:

"After reviewing the circumstances of your case, we determined that issuing you a refund for your purchase of "iTunes match " is an appropriate exception to the iTunes store Terms and Conditions, which state that all sales are final. In five to seven business days, a credit of 21.99 should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase."

So it's obviously not due immediately in the UK :(

Soon I hope

czaku

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Europe, Poland

Any news about other european countries apart from Germany and UK? :) Especially I am interested in Poland ;)

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
I'm in the UK and this has gone badly wrong for me. I've written up what's happened in a blog post:
http://www.davidglover.org/2011/12/itunesmatch/

tl;dr: Didn't actually want to subscribe, but got subscribed without confirmation. Money taken, but service completely broken.

So you clicked "subscribe now" but you didn't actually want to "subscribe now"? Sounds like it didn't go wrong at all ;-)

Spitfire411

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
Shows up for me in Canada. Going to hold off until I know it's working.

People with problems, have you upgraded to iTunes 10.5.2?

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I can't find anything in the Dutch store...

stelee

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
Hmm, without sounding sarcastic and told-you-so like, It technically has not been announced anywhere other than the USA really. Yet people have joined up already.

Until it is on their front page of apple's website as out now, i would wait.

allenjennings

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Portsmouth, UK
since purchasing iTunes Match and getting refund wifi sync broken!

I had subscribed earlier, in the UK, to iTunes Match.

I have since received a refund from iTunes.

My account is now showing only to renew Match, rather then being a subscriber.

One new issue that has developed is that iTunes, when syncing via wifi to my iPhone, says that its no longer authorised for iCloud downloads and syncing with my iPhone because of this. De-authorising my mac, re-authorising it, authorising iCloud download etc - when my iPhone trys to sync it throws up errors saying the computer is not authorised to use iCloud, even though all aspects have been authorised!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.