Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Tried buying this in Canada... got the below error. Then, trying to add a computer results in the same error.

"iTunes Match has encountered an error. Please choose Sign Out and then Sign In from the iTunes Store menu and try again."

Following these instructions results in the same outcome!

Just got a confirmation from Apple saying that I've subscribed... Since Apple have set a specific price, I'm sure its not a system glitch.

Hopefully the problems are server overload at this time.

Last edited:

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Pretty much all the same errors/problems as everyone else here in Canada. It's definitely not a mistake launch but we're just not lifting off the ground yet.

alexbob1318

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
From Aus

Hey guys,

I successfully subscribed from the Australian iTunes Store, but am getting the same errors as everyone else, saying that I'm not signed in when I try to use it. I'm happy to wait though =)

Did this happen to the brazil launch?

Mumstalker

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2009
Live in Mexico too. 300 pesos for a year. about 21 USD. Not that bad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-14 at 7.53.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-14 at 7.53.15 PM.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 93

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
It's imminent either way, they obviously have pricing figured out for the regions so it's not some complete freak accident.

I figure that even if we get a forced refund we may get a song credit or two for the hassle.

infomatique

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2006
Not Working Here In Dublin

Yes - I can definitely see the option in my iTunes (in the UK).

Not something I need or want though...

I signed up and can confirm that it does not work (I am in Dublin).
An option to upload tracks to the cloud but on selecting the option I was informed that I needed to logout. The next time I logged in all options relating to the cloud were gone.

In case anyone asks I did upgrade to the latest version of iTunes prior to purchasing the service.

jjesharp

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
England
Apple Released iTunes 10.5.2 for Mac OS X update

Apple has just Released iTunes 10.5.2 for Mac OS X update

I was having problems with signing up to Cloud music and asking me to keep signing in and out but this has not sorted it out

In UK

Last edited:

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Apple has just Released iTunes 10.5.2 for Mac OS X update

I was having problems with signing up to Cloud music and asking me to keep signing in and out but this has not sorted it out

In UK

The itunes update was rolled out over the last couple of days, I installed it on the 13th, still not working for me.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
I'm happy that i haven't jumped too fast,
hopefully its just a server issue. an apple is having a had time dealing with all of the rush

if it is a mistake, its a massive one for apple to make.
and will cost them big in terms of PR,

i hope, really hope that its meant to be a go. and that in a few days it will be working perfect. i hope

----------

The itunes update was rolled out over the last couple of days, I installed it on the 13th, still not working for me.

to be honest i don't think its a iTunes issue, and iTunes match was added back in 10.5

it must be a issue on apples end, not ours

Chernila

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Richmond, VIC, Australia
Ditto

Just subscribed in the UK store, i asked me to sign out and back in and then it appeared in my account information saying Match will renew on 14th December 2012.

The iTunes Match tab in the sidebar gives a message about Genus being turned on and how to create playlists, nothing else showing yet.

I'm in Australia, mine is doing the same thing.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Can't help but feel frustrated especially after paying $30 CDN for a service that's...non existent at the moment.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Now, when I click on "iTunes Match" in the iTunes side bar, I get the Genius screen - "Genius has been successfully turned on... blah blah blah"...!!

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Once you logout and in any sign of Itunes Match will disappear except for your account view.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
Same error here in Canada as everyone else.

iTunes Match has encountered an error. Please choose Sign Out and then Sign In from the iTunes Store menu and try again.

Looking forward to trying again in the morning!

andrewh93

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2011
It costs $39.99 NZD for New Zealand Users.

I tried to purchase, and it took my money. Now it just says this:

Screen%20Shot%202011-12-15%20at%203.30.44%20PM.png

I have tried signing out and signing back in - nothing works..

alexbob1318

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Just an update, my iTunes still says I'm subscribed however it doesn't say 'Add Computer' anymore in Account Settings, nor is iTunes Match in my sidebar.

However, all of my songs are now showing this:

33emyw6.png

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Seeing the exact same as everyone else in this forum.
Since syncing my iPhone, I've been given the option to turn on iTunes Match (Settings > Music) and enter my iTunes password, however nothing actually happens after this, and if I go back into Settings and then back into Music, the switch is off again.

Also: If I turn on iTunes Match, and go into Music.app through the multitasking bar, and then return to Settings.app (again through the multitasking bar), a second menu, "Show All Music" appears. However, much like above, upon going back into all Settings and then Music settings, both of these settings turn off, and "Show All Music" disappears again.

Cloud2go%2015-12-2011%201:46%20PM.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.