Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockscalper

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2003
Area 51
Jailbreak your phone and you will have a wide choice of different notifications. Some show icons on the status bar, others like the one I use show icons with text on the lockscreen. You can even get voice announcements. Regardless of what Apple announces today it will still be behind what's available in the jailbroken universe. I was multitasking with IOS 3 and it was a much much better iteration than what Apple finally came out with.

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
I almost did the same until I realized I need the money and that I can sneak in reading the coverage at work with my iPad over the public wifi at my building. I'm also packing my lunch today which I never do and I will eat it at my desk.

Between this, and the 3:30 EST Mass Effect 3 preview, I almost did the same. Then I realized that ME3 will be on Spike, so I'm just DVRing it, and I figured I could just download the WWDC stream event later on. Problems solved, and I don't have to use sick or vacation days!

dball4

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2010
Illinois
Between this, and the 3:30 EST Mass Effect 3 preview, I almost did the same. Then I realized that ME3 will be on Spike, so I'm just DVRing it, and I figured I could just download the WWDC stream event later on. Problems solved, and I don't have to use sick or vacation days!

To me it was that and the Xbox keynote today at the same time as WWDC. I'm curious to see what they are offering. But I'd rather be responsible and just work and sneak in the engadget live blog, or listen to twit's audio stream at work.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I really dont think apple will ever go into the television business. As they've said many times, they only consider it a 'hobby'. Besides, who wants to spend that much money on something you can buy in the shops for £100?

Nearly all the new TVs coming from Samsung, LG and Sony are now incorporating built in streaming. It's not like a TV with a built in Apple TV would add massive value to the set to justify the high price Apple would demand.

Baumi

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2005
There's 5 hours to go before the keynote starts.

B-b-but it's already past 3 PM here! I thought the keynote was like that rapture thing, happening at 10 AM in each time zone, with Steve taking the Mac faithful up with him into the iCloud...

Totalkharnage

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Halifax UK
My productivity is at an all time low today. Setting myself up for no live stream as per the iPad 2 announcement. back to the old fashioned concept of following a blog.

Can't believe how the hype has ramped up since the iCloud confirmation and fear that most people will be let down regardless of what is announced. The only way the hype could get any greater is if the Apple store went down

Bring on 6pm !! (GMT)

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
Only a few hours to go...

Well, soon all of this speculating and debating will come to an end... albeit briefly! I do hope they have some kind of surprise "one more thing"...

Hopefully today's news will include some large changes and improvements... :)

hexor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2002
Minnesota
Waiting in line

I hope those guys realize that if they don't fill the "media" section in the front of the keynote room, they start allowing anyone to sit in the media section. So that means all your sacrifice waiting in line to get a good seat could be for naught when someone who was last in line could get a better seat then you. I was in the 2007 WWDC line at about 3AM and waiting with some other guys and got the closest seats possible.. until I saw them open up that media section to everyone.. I decided to stay in my seat anyways for camaraderie sake :)

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Less than 5 hours until the keynote starts and it is extremely quiet in the front of last minute leaks. Strange.

Much easier to control information leaks about software than it is with hardware. Software is done internally at Apple, whereas hardware requires intervention and secrecy from 3rd party partners.

Hence, probably no hardware refreshes this time around at WWDC itself.

Kimbie

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2010
UK
I need to know weather ios 5 will work on a 3GS I am rather hoping it wont, meaning I can get my work to upgrade me to a 4

Kimbie

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
This almost feels like Christmas morning. Almost.

I can't decide which I'm more excited about - ios 5, Lion or icloud. Probably ios 5.

BLACKFRIDAY

macrumors regular
May 23, 2011
I need to know weather ios 5 will work on a 3GS I am rather hoping it wont, meaning I can get my work to upgrade me to a 4

Kimbie

Rumours suggest it won't. I think it will [to some extent].

Lets finish this here as there is already a huge thread discussing this on the front page itself.

LarryC

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
North America
Has anyone heard of a new iPod touch? I went to the Apple home page at around 6:30 AM and saw an ad for the new iPod touch. When I returned there later, it was gone?

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Sorry but why are people excited here?

If it was hardware I would be but I really don't see anything major in IOS 5. Twitter integration and wickets that all? :rolleyes:

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Sorry but why are people excited here?

If it was hardware I would be but I really don't see anything major in IOS 5. Twitter integration and wickets that all? :rolleyes:

People get excited for different things because people have different likes, personalities and wants. A strange concept that not everyone in the world is like you, I know, but that's how things are.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
That is what I thought too. It isn't even due yet according to the MR Buyers Guide? I don't know what to think. It was there.

Today will be the new iOS5. I'm guessing around September will be the iPhone 4s (or whatever) and then the new Touch.

All just in time for Chirstmas... And people who got the iPhone 4 when it first came out from AT&T, will probably get an early upgrade offer.

unlinked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Ireland
"Interestingly, we've heard that a few Apple employees have been genuinely excited about tomorrow's announcements"

I don't know, i've been in an Apple store were the employees will get excited, clap, jump up and down for no reason whatsoever.

Your thinking of the fake excitement,the excitement is real this time.Trust us.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Some people will moan that if Apple introduce X,Y,Z that they didn't do A,B,C.
Some people will moan about price, no matter what that price might be.
Some people will moan because that is all they ever do.

Everybody else will likely be very happy...

Oh and anything Apple does will be regarded by some as 'generic' by the end of Steve's speech.

Some people will moan because other people are happy, and call those people fanboys.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
i for one wouldnt mind if the updated the way that music played on the iphone and ipod touch with ios5. they need to have the song titles scroll like they do on the classic and nano. but thats just something extra i would like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.