Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Get it while you can--back in stock on the Motorola website!! I'm using every bit of willpower I possess to not order it--want it badly but don't need it.

Must...resist...clicking...the.....checkout....button.....

Just bought a 64gb Nexus 6 with the Moto 360 smartwatch :eek:

If it doesn't work out I can easily return it or sell on eBay or Swappa as they go for around $900!!!

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
After seeing Battle of the Five Armies, I went to T-mo, to have a 15 minute tryst with the Nexus 6. They took off one layer of security, but I still couldn't pick the phone up, so I just had to grip it from the bottom. Still was able to use it with one hand. This time I remembered to check to see what the back looked like. I still want the white one, but I don't mind getting the blue.

Oh, and I see T-mo changed their backorder time for the 64GB one, from 6-8 weeks to 2-6 weeks.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Hello I just got the Nexus 6 tonight, rooted and installed TWRP now. Gonna install my first ROM now, just a stock tweaked ROM to start off with Franco kernel. Couple questions please;

- How do I enable Double Tap 2 Wake on the phone with the new ROM and Kernel ? For Franco does he have an app I need to download from the Play Store to active the D2TW ?

- And how do I enable the Notification LED ?

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Hello I just got the Nexus 6 tonight, rooted and installed TWRP now. Gonna install my first ROM now, just a stock tweaked ROM to start off with Franco kernel. Couple questions please;

- How do I enable Double Tap 2 Wake on the phone with the new ROM and Kernel ? For Franco does he have an app I need to download from the Play Store to active the D2TW ?

You could try using a kernel tweaking app like Trickster Mod but I have no idea if Franco kernel even supports dt2w. I had to use a modified Franco kernel on my N5 to get it.

Try the ElementalX kernel -- it has dt2w enabled by default and you can enable the notification charge LED during installation. It uses the aroma installer (GUI based) which makes customization easy. Download the latest zip from XDA and flash it via TWRP.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/orig-development/kernel-elementalx-n6-0-01-alpha-t2954680

l3uddz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014

Simply install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codechron.n6doubletapunlock

occollegeboi420

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
I have a nexus 5 and love it. If you're not into phablets, the nexus 5 is king.

The only reason I can see why google priced the nexus 6 so high is because it's technically a phablet, but doesn't make sense when every other nexus has been under $400. I got my nexus 5 back in november from amazon for $320, factory unlocked.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I have a nexus 5 and love it. If you're not into phablets, the nexus 5 is king.

The only reason I can see why google priced the nexus 6 so high is because it's technically a phablet, but doesn't make sense when every other nexus has been under $400. I got my nexus 5 back in november from amazon for $320, factory unlocked.
The first three Nexus phones were over $400. The 4 and 5 were priced lower, possibly due to some deal with LG.

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
The first three Nexus phones were over $400. The 4 and 5 were priced lower, possibly due to some deal with LG.

That's not the reason. It's because of the carriers. The only way to get all four carriers to sell the Nexus was to price it according to their pricing strategy.

Google tried to change the game with the Nexus 5 and failed. If you can't beat them, join them.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I bought the Nexus 6 for me Wife. And I am not in love with it, I mean it's an ok device, but overall not super impressive IMO. I find my old HTC One M8 to be a abetter built and more responsive device.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Like I said, it's a piece of junk.

http://phandroid.com/2015/01/16/defective-nexus-6-battery-cover-separation/

Nexus-6-defective-back-plate-640x410.jpg

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
So please, show me an iPhone where it simply comes apart because of glue.

How about batteries not holding a charge, power buttons ceasing to function or home buttons that become unresponsive after 6 months? I lost count of the people I've seen with assistive touch enabled due to the aforementioned.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
So please, show me an iPhone where it simply comes apart because of glue.

I seem to remember exactly this same thing happening with an iPhone in this very forum several months ago. Apple has a fascination with glee lately and sticky tape.

The little postage stamp sized iPod nano was held together with glee and sticky tape. The volume buttons would quit working after awhile because the sticky tape holding it in place would fall.

occollegeboi420

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013

Oh, and the iphone is totally not a piece of junk as well? Bending iphones, and don't give me that consumer reports crap with their biased testing methods. And don't give me that only 9 people bull crap either. If you go to oneofthenine.com there are more than just 9. And it doesn't only happen in the pocket, it can happen from just charging the phone.

Home button issues as well. I've never seen so many iphone users with assistive touch enabled. It's enabled on my old iphone 4 as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.