Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Did they live stream the iPhone 4 or iPad 2 releases? I'm pretty sure the answer is "no".

I think they have only recently done a iPod and AppleTV event last year, right?

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
Because they don't need to. That's why not.

At some time in the past, Apple needed every little bit of attention they could get. "What's on your PowerBook" ads, then "Think Different" ads then Macworld, then live streaming of Macworld keynotes, etc.

Now, on a good day, more than a million people visit Apple Stores around the world. That's right, a million on a single day. Apple Stores around the world have had more than 1 billion visitors total (as of April 2011).

Tomorrow's press event is exactly that: a press event. The press will do the reporting, reviewing, benchmarking, and yes, hyping, for Apple. And Apple will advertise its new products when and where they want. Live stream? Unnecessary expense.

arkon

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
a livestream would make millions of dollars go busto at the economy, because people will not work then! And these millions needs apple also ;-)

Hedrush

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So stoked for tomorrow. Sad i know but i'll probably not sleep tonight in anticipation. Been stuck on an ever slowing 3GS for what seems like forever. Hoping for a redesigned i5 but i'll be buying the new phone no matter what its called.

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
I dont understand why apple has decided to stop streaming these events live. They did it twice and since have stopped. Seems like a step back in my eyes but I am sure they have their reasons!!!
I believe it's because they can offer a much better video with nice edits/transitions/camera angles, etc. Also, they often show video (commercials and How-we-made-it videos) that are cut to show the unfettered video rather than trying to zoom in to the video screen in the auditorium. Overall, people have to wait longer, but the presentation is so much nicer. When they finally upload to iTunes, it's a finished keynote that's professional and showcases their message better.

My 2¢,
JGowan

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
I believe it's because they can offer a much better video with nice edits/transitions/camera angles, etc. Also, they often show video (commercials and How-we-made-it videos) that are cut to show the unfettered video rather than trying to zoom in to the video screen in the auditorium. Overall, people have to wait longer, but the presentation is so much nicer. When they finally upload to iTunes, it's a finished keynote that's professional and showcases their message better.

My 2¢,
JGowan
Stop making good sense. :) There's no room for calm rational thought around here.

You're supposed to throw your hands up in the air and cry about how it means the phone will suck.

CWT1965

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
Think this proves that Steve is still calling the shots, which is good news as it probably means he will do the keynote.

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
I'm afraid everybody will be disappointed tomorrow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to tomorrows announcement, irrespective of the evidence against a redesigned iPhone 5. I'm excited about the potential features that iOS 5 will unleash, and am mre than likely to order one of the new phones as soon as I can. Therefore not everybody will be disappointed.

arkon

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
Stop making good sense. :) There's no room for calm rational thought around here.

You're supposed to throw your hands up in the air and cry about how it means the phone will suck.

love this :D

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
What would be the point of The media coming if apple is going to stream it live?
Apple streamed the other events because it was also a conference.. Not just an event for a product.

tx26257

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok unless I'm wrong iPhone 4 and iPad 2 events where not live either. If I'm right this not being live means nothing

GorgonPhone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
yup they are starting their damage control already cause they know that its gonna be some BS iphone 4s crap they announce..

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Meh, I watched a live stream of someone who was inside with a camera. Apple is the world's biggest company, why is it so much to ask for them to have official live streams inside their key note events. Do they realise there's about 50 trillion Apple geeks not in the room?!

MrFusion

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
West-Europe
I dont understand why apple has decided to stop streaming these events live. They did it twice and since have stopped. Seems like a step back in my eyes but I am sure they have their reasons!!!

They did it more than twice. There were also live feeds years ago. They stopped, came back twice and now have stopped again. /grandpa

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.