Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I still have the OPO running the latest CM13 and all battery friendly apps and Xposed modules, sadly this OPP doesn't get fantastic battery life, but gets pretty good battery life overall. I will say the old Kit Kat ROM's gave the OPO some INSANELY GREAT BATTERY LIFE of like 6.5h to 7h Screen On time, but then Lollipop destroyed that down to like 5h Screen On time, and now MM is better, but nowhere near what KK gave us.

I just like having a large screen phone, and also a large battery. The S7 Edge gets phenomenal battery life, and has a 5.5" screen, and overall a rather thin phone still, while fitting in a massive 3,600mAh battery. I wish this ON3 had something like 3,500mAh battery, but at 3,000mAH I'd just get any of number of phones before it.

To me great battery life = anything over the 6h to 6.5h Screen On time mark, and just 4.5h to 5h Screen On time is just ok.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
15 minutes of charge makes it all worth it for me.

I would be very concerned about heat.

The HTC 10 with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 - gets toasty going from 0 - 100 in around an hour.

Quadruple the charging speed ? that scares me as that amount of energy is bound to generate a lot of heat.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I would be very concerned about heat.

The HTC 10 with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 - gets toasty going from 0 - 100 in around an hour.

Quadruple the charging speed ? that scares me as that amount of energy is bound to generate a lot of heat.

I turn my phone off when I'm charging, so that's probably why my phone doesn't heat up. But the connector gets crazy hot. Not sure how Oppo (the people who are introducing this tech) are going to find a way around that.

Reactions: MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Don't know if y'all have heard yet, but OnePlus 3 will be invite-free: http://www.phonearena.com/news/OneP...available-invite-free-from-launch-day_id81728

OnePlus ditches the invite system, the OnePlus 3 will be available invite-free from launch day

Yeah - its an important step and about time. Of course it will all depend on stock still, but at least we folks won't have hoops to jump through.

I assume this may have something to do with the fact they are selling directly through Amazon in some places now too.

Whatever the reason, its better for the end consumer.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Yeah - its an important step and about time. Of course it will all depend on stock still, but at least we folks won't have hoops to jump through.

I assume this may have something to do with the fact they are selling directly through Amazon in some places now too.

Whatever the reason, its better for the end consumer.

Yeah, I'm sure it could still be a challenge to get.

Reactions: jamezr and MRU

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
So.......what's the deal with Oxygen OS lately? Is it good? What's good, what's bad?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So.......what's the deal with Oxygen OS lately? Is it good? What's good, what's bad?

Biggest issue I think is the length of time bug fixes have taken to roll out.

OP X got its 2.2.0 version at the end of January which fixed a number of issues including a Manual mode for Camera App, Save to SD card option in Camera App, dual SIM preferences back in system settings etc..

Of course what everyone with a OP2 (who are on Oxygen not Cyanogen) & OPX actually want is Oxygen 3.0 with Marshmallow and it's still only available as a beta on the OP2.

Given were on the brink of Android N in a couple of months time, to still not officially have marshmallow rolled out is disappointing.

Reactions: epicrayban

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Biggest issue I think is the length of time bug fixes have taken to roll out.

OP X got its 2.2.0 version at the end of January which fixed a number of issues including a Manual mode for Camera App, Save to SD card option in Camera App, dual SIM preferences back in system settings etc..

Of course what everyone with a OP2 (who are on Oxygen not Cyanogen) & OPX actually want is Oxygen 3.0 with Marshmallow and it's still only available as a beta on the OP2.

Given were on the brink of Android N in a couple of months time, to still not officially have marshmallow rolled out is disappointing.
To me the biggest benefit of owning the OPO was being able to put CM on it. I would imagine CM13 would be available really fast with N right around the corner.
I hope you get a unit to review! Would love to read your thoughts. :)

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Hm, why is the battery only 3,000 mah? Shouldn't it be bigger given the size of the device? I mean, the S7 Edge has 3600 mah.

zonazolazia

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2016
I'm interested between this or Axon 7. Waiting for battery review and xda dev support since I don't trust both company in delivering updates.

Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I'm interested between this or Axon 7. Waiting for battery review and xda dev support since I don't trust both company in delivering updates.
Great point. I wonder if Cyanogenmod will come to the Axon 7 and OPO3. Both of these phones look to be very nice!

Reactions: zonazolazia

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Great point. I wonder if Cyanogenmod will come to the Axon 7 and OPO3. Both of these phones look to be very nice!

I don't know if it is available for the Axon Pro I have, maybe if you folks check into that would be a start to knowing if the Axon 7 may get it.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Major OnePlus 3 leak found on Oppomart; 6 variants of the phone coming

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Majo...pomart-6-variants-of-the-phone-coming_id81831

It now appears that there will be six different versions. Three models with 4GB of RAM inside will be offered, containing 32GB, 64GB and 128GB of native storage. And there will be another three with 6GB RAM inside, also configured with 32GB, 64GB and 128GB of native storage.

The listing prices one of the models at $369. We assume that this will be the 4GB RAM/32GB ROM unit.

Pretty interesting options, if true. I imagine the 6gb RAM versions are for VR?

Also, battery size could be 3650mah. Much better than the rumored 3000. Hope this is true.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Pretty interesting options, if true. I imagine the 6gb RAM versions are for VR?

No i think 6gb is merely because they can now and the price to include it is significantly smaller than the premium they can ask for it as an option. This is just a straight combination of raw economics and keeping in with the android spec race.

Remember that some chinese manufacturers are already offering 6gb in some of their devices.

Also note the OP3 is rumoured to come with a 1080p screen. Nothing to do with VR.

Forum enthusiasts are always seemingly putting way too much emphasis on the importance of VR. For the vast majority of consumers, VR is utterly insignificant. Samsung if they likewise include 6gb in the Note 6/7 are equally doing so just to keep on top of the spec race rather than devices suddenly exponentially needing 6gb or for VR. It's just to keep up with the perception that bigger = better

Last edited:

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Dear God... 6GB on phones nowadays... What will happen in 2020? 12GB RAM in phones? What for? Not even most computers need that.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Actually looking pretty good, like a larger HTC 10, and with a 3,450Mah battery and 1080p screen, I'll guess pretty sweet battery life.

OnePlus Three spec's = 5.5-inch AMOLED screen with a 1080 x 1920 resolution. Under the hood you'll find the Snapdragon 820 chipset with a quad-core 2.15GHz CPU and the Adreno 530 GPU. 4GB/6GB of RAM is inside along with 32GB/64GB/128GB of native storage. A 16MP camera will be found on back with an 8MP selfie shooter in front. A 3450mAh battery will keep the lights on, and a fingerprint scanner will be embedded in the home button. Android 6.0.1 is pre-installed.

[doublepost=1465339154][/doublepost]My biggest gripes with OPO are the slow Android updates. I recall Lollipop taking for god damn ever to officially make it out for the original One, like 6 months, or you could install the alpha CM11 at the time, which was pretty buggy until the bugs were worked out obviously.

This OnePlus Three will be lucky to see Android N within 90 days after the Nexus phones get it first in October, or you can install the alpha CM14 sooner on it, and live through all the kinks and bugs, that will have for a little while.

I thought one of the big features on these OPO phones being AOSP based, would have been super fast Android updates, not Nexus fast updates obviously, but at least faster than the skinned versions of Android like HTC, LG, Samsung, etc... but that hasn't been the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.