Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I get a feeling you might be referring to iCloud storage not internal storage. It's possible you might have lots of music and apps but seems odd you managed to fill it all short of a few Gigs?

I also have only 2GB left and no issues. A lot of us fill it up. What's the point of buying a 128GB device and leaving half of it empty?

rendyr

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
I never thought my 6+ 128GB is TLC chips. Not a big problem for me what chip their use.

Hopefully no recall is issued, as I bought this on HK and I need to go there for returns.

Until now, only jetsam event crash on the log. Crash usually on Settings apps and Music app, but that occurs on my 5 also.

I only use 10GB though.

chrisk11

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I have noticed a bunch of apps that are broken and loop. I use pulseway on my iphone 6 and on my ipad air 2. It works fine on the iphone, but the ipad - endless loops until I reboot the ipad.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I never thought my 6+ 128GB is TLC chips. Not a big problem for me what chip their use.

Hopefully no recall is issued, as I bought this on HK and I need to go there for returns.

1-year Apple warranty should still apply, regardless of supplier/reseller.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
This. First it was the bending issue that a whopping 9 customers reported, then the 8.0.1 update which impacted fewer than 40,000 of the 10+ million iPhone 6s out there at the time and now this. Funny how MR has been at the forefront of fanning the flames of hysteria each and every time...

I'll start a new one. A number of people (me included) have reported an occasional popping sound when the new iPad Air 2 plays a sound through its speakers. Its obviously a hardware problem, requiring the recall of millions of devices, despite zero proof that is the case.

-signed,

Macrumors

Jzo

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Haven't noticed much so far (6 Plus, 64Gb). I still have about 30gb free though.

Only issues I've noticed is kinda buggy/laggy/crashy in switching back and forth from landscape mode, mostly during safari, and messages.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
This is quite bad. Apart from being destructive to Apple, I think this shows that Apple is not so serious about its iOS when compared to when Steve Jobs was at the helm of the company.

It's not destructive to Apple, as they will fix it.
They do NOT intentionally make bad iOS versions and release them.

With so many configurations possible of system and apps it will not be possible to be flawless.

$%$ happens no matter who is running a company.

Huracan

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2007
iPhone 6 128G, so far no problems. However, I don't doubt that this is an issue with some of the phones. Storegate?

Padmini

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2014
No such issues here. But why would there be? 10s of millions of devices, some will have certain issues different from others, "some" being the operative word. All it takes is one to create click bait issues.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
This is quite bad. Apart from being destructive to Apple, I think this shows that Apple is not so serious about its iOS when compared to when Steve Jobs was at the helm of the company.

Oh, give me a break. There's been plenty of manufacturing issues on Jobs watch, go dig him up and ask him since you seem kin on this.

BTW, not everyone has the problem and they're replacing the phone with issues, so what is YOUR problem.

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
so many issues lately within apple, and they fired forstall just for the maps problem.

He was fired because he was a hated ass and refused to appologise for to the customers for messing up.

----------

No issues here on my 128 GB

Bengy66

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I had 3 crash/hard resets this past weekend. Not sure if known bug though.. Asked Siri to pull-up restaurant directions, it would pull up maps, and then it reset. iPhone 6 plus 64GB

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
No issues on performance either. Runs just as well as my parents 6+ with 5+ GB free on their 16GB models

To each his own, but I would never recommend it to anyone. That's the way SSDs are designed these days and because of that you need to take that into account.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
As an iPhone 6 64 GB owner, my only problem is sometimes the Yahoo! Mail app can go "wonky" and not report the right number of unread emails (along with one crash I experienced). Fortunately, I've heard Yahoo! is aware of the problem and they're supposed to release an update to fix both problems. :)

(EDIT: By the way, I believe that Apple has started to seed to developers iOS 8.1.1. Hopefully, this will fix that crash issue with 128 GB iPhone models.)

Last edited:

abeotechnologie

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
London
Happend to me

This happened to me today, it has infrequently rebooted for no reason at a rate of about 1-3 times a week. As for the boot-loop it got stuck until I hard re-set it. Poor considering its the most expensive phone you can by from Apple.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Yeah, I've been having similar problems on my 6 Plus.

e.g. Control Centre not working in lock mode after X minutes of sleep; Battery only lasting around 8 hours max; Touch ID is more sensitive and not working as well as my 5S;

This doesn't sound at all related to me. I'm not saying you're not having problems, but this article is talking about the iPhone restarting itself on a regular basis.

How the heck is anyone reporting any problems? I've been waiting for my iPhone 6 64 GB and iPhone 6+ 128 GB from AT&T for 38 days now, and they still haven't shipped either yet.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Yeah, I've been having similar problems on my 6 Plus.

e.g. Control Centre not working in lock mode after X minutes of sleep; Battery only lasting around 8 hours max; Touch ID is more sensitive and not working as well as my 5S;

These are not similar problems.

Emhans

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
Just wanted to confirm that this is not just some rumor, it happened to me. I'm on my 2nd iPhone 6 128gb in one month. At the time it happened I had just updated to ios8.1 and the phone was rendered useless because the device was stuck in recovery mode. I also did not have more than 24 gigs used on the device. Luckily I was still under warranty when it all happened!

dward85

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
USA
64 gig owner here - my phone has gotten caught in the boot loop twice in the past 2 weeks....getting annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.