Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
I also have only 2GB left and no issues. A lot of us fill it up. What's the point of buying a 128GB device and leaving half of it empty?

No one is saying keep 50% free. You do the math, 10% is 12.8 GB, a nice healthy amount of space for over the air updates and decompression. Have fun when iOS 9 comes around the bend. It's really in your best interest mate.

nikon1

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Somewhere In South Jersey
No problem with my 6Plus 128GB - which is just 2 weeks old today. I just received my wife's 6Plus 128GB (which is a Christmas Present) so I hope this isn't a problem!

:apple:

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
It's a lot more than 9 now. There's over 300 documented cases on the internet, which is still a very small percentage - but no way of knowing how many more have had the issue but not talked about it on the internet.

out of like millions of phones sold

solamar

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
128GB owner here..

Nope.. No issues..

This sounds like a made up article with made up facts, with click bait stamped n the forehead of the author. :p

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
Right....

I have the 128GB space gray iPhone 6 and haven't had any issues, but I also have FAR less than 500 apps installed. Honestly, I bought the phone with this much storage so I could keep a good sized music library on it -- not hundreds of apps. (How can you even find what you need when you've got that much stuff loaded on it?? The automatic updates much be constantly chugging too, at that point.)

You also likely don't have a 500+ app library on your device.

Before anyone can say it's hardware we need to see models with smaller app libraries than that having identical issues down to the error logs. We also need to see that no smaller model phone with a 500+ library is having such concerns (and yes if is possible to put that many apps on a 64gb device if you have basically nothing else)

It's likely a software issue caused by the number of apps and we are only seeing it on this large device cause only those users insist on having such a big collection of stuff

It also wouldn't hurt to see what apps they are putting on their phones and what they are using most frequently and how crashy in general those apps are

JDSoCal

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2014
128GB 6 here since first week of launch, no such problem, ever.

FUD article is FUD.

gate5blues

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2007
I have this issue

64GB iphone 6

tried to upgrade to ios 8.1 and it just kept booting.. saw the apple logo then the red screen.. It's sort of ironically funny because my 2011 MBP just had the graphics card issue 2 weeks ago and boots into a blue screen.. So I have one red defective screen and one blue defective screen..

I think I'm going insane.... The worst thing about all this is my 2007 MBP also died because of graphics issues. My iPod colour, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4S have been the only products that haven't failed.. thats 3/6 50% success rate..

Anyways without a phone for now so I guess I'll be heading into the apple store as soon as i can.

Edit: I also have an iPad and Apple TV so 5/8... Also just ordered a new MBP I hope I'm not a fool

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I have a 64GB 6 Plus and it occasionally goes to a white screen out of the blue and reboots it self. It doesn't get stuck in a loop, but the freak reboot is a little annoying and frustrating.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
It's not destructive to Apple, as they will fix it.
They do NOT intentionally make bad iOS versions and release them.

With so many configurations possible of system and apps it will not be possible to be flawless.

$%$ happens no matter who is running a company.

So it’ll be fine when Android use this excuse right?

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
This is quite bad. Apart from being destructive to Apple, I think this shows that Apple is not so serious about its iOS when compared to when Steve Jobs was at the helm of the company.

There were plenty of issues with Steve at the helm; some much larger than this.

The company is so much bigger now that even the smallest issues are making headlines. That comes with the territory of being the most visible and profitable company in the world. It's up to journalists and astute readers to put it all into perspective... though sadly, there seems to be fewer and fewer of those every year.

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
So much for the BEST lineup ever in Apple's history -___- same RAM and same base GB storage and the WORST Mac mini update ever.
Apple is behind in innovation and the quality has gone down ever since the iphone 5 came out.

Yah, sure...

spectrumfox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
There's so much blind defending of Apple here.

For the people who are stepping up to the plate for Apple, without knowing all of the statistics or the facts, you realize that failure to hold Apple responsible for these problems is contributing to the core issue of declining quality in Apple products in recent years, correct?

Repeatedly saying "Oh, it's not a problem!" or "Only a small group of people are experiencing it, so the problem doesn't exist!" is doing nothing but making these issues more acceptable in the public eye, which means Apple has less incentive to fix them.

Get angry. Make noise. Apple is not infallible. Stop treating them like they are.

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
It's a lot more than 9 now. There's over 300 documented cases on the internet, which is still a very small percentage - but no way of knowing how many more have had the issue but not talked about it on the internet.
You know who might know? Apple.
Chances are good they are studying it and seeing what the overall issue is. Last thing we need is some press conference like the iPhone 4 antennagate press conference.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
BÖÖtÊ

I haven't had that kind of issue but iOS 8.1 does seem to be a bit buggier than usual. I mainly have camera issues that require closing out the app to solve. I've had a soft-boot here and there but nothing that keeps me from enjoying it.

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
There's so much blind defending of Apple here.

For the people who are stepping up to the plate for Apple, without knowing all of the statistics or the facts, you realize that failure to hold Apple responsible for these problems is contributing to the core issue of declining quality in Apple products in recent years, correct?

Repeatedly saying "Oh, it's not a problem!" or "Only a small group of people are experiencing it, so the problem doesn't exist!" is doing nothing but making these issues more acceptable in the public eye.
Jumping to conclusions and assuming that it's a hardware issue that affects ALL iPhone 6 Pluses is doing nothing to help either.
If you have an issue, report it to Apple or take it into the closest Apple store. Blathering on and on about it on the internet does nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.