Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Hopefully we will see some cross posts from this weeks P52 thread!
Speaking of which this was one of my contributions.
Coleman1r.jpg

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Got a new lens! 90mm macro
Restoring some old photos set up in a lightbox to digitally convert (rather than scan) had 2 scrolls. While one was straight framing and minor cropping, the other was 78 inched long and required 6 frames to be stitched. Could have done a little better keeping edges straight if had set floor guides top pull under camera, but the vertical extension arm was far out that tripod tipped, so rather than anchoring tripod, moved it along the scroll for re-framing.

While handwriting is difficult to read in both, the long one is a copy - noted by the narrower paper margins of the original - that relatives requested generations ago of ancestorial trail completed from the Mayflower with data ending in 1910. Now digitized and cropped to original width to give to the current generation.

Panoramic 2500px-1.jpg
Brooke Family 2500px-21.jpg

Last edited:

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
230420-BigEarPano_finalweb.jpg

Milky Way over the Owens Valley Radio Observatory -

For International Dark Sky Week I traveled up Hwy 395 in California on a photo road trip that included a visit to Caltech's OVRO, one of the world's largest university-run radio observatories. The site has numerous projects, including the huge 40m telescope above. To get a sense of scale, that shiny object on the ground to the left of the telescope is a fuel tanker parked about halfway between me and the telescope.

The above panorama was made by shooting multiple exposures vertically with a 24mm lens stacked to reduce noise, and stitched together to show a more than 180-degree scene. So the image you see was assembled from 84 separate exposures, taking around 20 minutes.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
As above: Glacier point Yosemite new years 2013 (photos taken and stitched 2013). Don't remember how many photos are in it but it was all taken with an iPhone 4S and photos were "stitched" in photoshop CS6.... Place we were sleeping in on the right of the image (in the supper this is the tourist/info store).

Glacierpoint_Panorama.jpg

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Not sure about the last two posts but a reminder that this thread is aimed mainly at images created by stitching multiple frames together. Although something shot on a super wide angle and cropped longer than a 4:2 aspect ratio would be OK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.