Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
13782925204_11cb821935_z.jpg

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
They're even common and considered pests in Kansas (trust me, the guy who owns the zoo I work at, a lover of all animals, pretty much hates them), but that is a great shot. The lighting is just about as perfect as you're going to get in a shot like that, and you've managed to bring a great level of clarity to the face without it feeling washed out. Contrast is so tricky with these guys.

Thanks DirtySocks85…much appreciated.

Years ago there was some though given to culling the flocks around Toronto and then feeding the geese to people that were homeless and hungry but those people objected to being poisoned with mercury and dioxins.

What a kerfuffle...still a lot of geese around.

He was running away from my wife because she had caught him eating the salad she had put out for our tortoises. He looks like he's having a go at the dandelion but he is actually eating lettuce. He's weird.

Speaking of healthy eating...:)

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Aww this dog is gorgeous! What breed is it?

He's a Douchehound at times ;) He is a rescue dog so we can't be sure what he is really. We did a DNA test on him and it came back saying that his parents were a mix of Cocker Spaniel, Dachshund, Weimaraner and Rhodesian Ridgeback. So he's a Daschbackcockeramer. Which I like the sound of :)

He's a lovely little dog when he's not being a typical naughty puppy and we're really glad to have him in our lives. He only has one eye and was dumped in a cardboard box in a car park in a really bad state.

Here his is out with his mum this evening
13851937883_2f8d4c7c08_b.jpg

Fujifilm XE1 with Rokkor 50mm shot wide open at 1.4

Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Oh that's disgusting how people treat these animals - our previous dog (a lurcher girl) was found tied up and terrified in a phone box.
Sam is a rescue too but not ill treated as he came from a home where the marriage broke up and they couldn't keep him.
I'm so glad your boy has a good home now and I'm sure you forgive the occasional naughty spell as we do.

Cheers :)

Hugh

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
He's a Douchehound at times ;) He is a rescue dog so we can't be sure what he is really. We did a DNA test on him and it came back saying that his parents were a mix of Cocker Spaniel, Dachshund, Weimaraner and Rhodesian Ridgeback. So he's a Daschbackcockeramer. Which I like the sound of :)

He's a lovely little dog when he's not being a typical naughty puppy and we're really glad to have him in our lives. He only has one eye and was dumped in a cardboard box in a car park in a really bad state.

Douchehound FTW!!!

edit : Dreamy pic! Nice!!

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Oh that's disgusting how people treat these animals - our previous dog (a lurcher girl) was found tied up and terrified in a phone box.
Sam is a rescue too but not ill treated as he came from a home where the marriage broke up and they couldn't keep him.
I'm so glad your boy has a good home now and I'm sure you forgive the occasional naughty spell as we do.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Some people are real dicks when it comes to animals unfortunately. Bob is spoiled rotten now though and we can't help to forgive him his naughtiness when he's so cute.

----------

Douchehound FTW!!!

edit : Dreamy pic! Nice!!

He gets called it a lot :)

I'm on a mission to shoot as much as I can wide open for a few days to get that dreamy look. I like it.

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK
Hide n seek with a Blue Heron

In the Mangrove Swamps of Los Haitises National Park, Dom Republic

Attachments

• DSCF4231.jpg
    DSCF4231.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 101

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
While we're on the subject...this is our boy "Jake" (a rescue as well) doing what he absolutely loves to do. I wish I had his energy.

DSC_1215-L.jpg

Has Mrs MacRy done a Daschbackcockeramer knitted hat? could be a big winner!

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
While we're on the subject...this is our boy "Jake" (a rescue as well) doing what he absolutely loves to do. I wish I had his energy.

Has Mrs MacRy done a Daschbackcockeramer knitted hat? could be a big winner!

Jake's a cutie :) Bob is only allowed off of his lead in certain places because he's obsessed with birds and if he sees one he'll chase it for bloody miles and not come back. On his first visit to the beach he saw birds and just ploughed straight into the sea instigating a rescue operation by Mrs MacRy.

No Daschbackcockeramer hats as yet but it's good for thought :)

Beautiful colours and DoF.

Thanks PP.

More tree blossom from me. I feel like I need a rescue dog to fully participate in this thread though. Good on you guys for giving a mistreated dog a good home.
[url=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5211/13674716413_b6cee11b2f_b.jpg]Image[/url]20140405-_DSC1365 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

There are plenty out there that need a good home.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Yes but sadly not mine. My autistic daughter wouldn't cope with a pet dog.

Probably not the best idea in that case. You can live vicariously through ours and be happy in the knowledge that your daughter isn't hanging off of your shoe by her teeth as you try and type things on your tablet.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.