Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
new day, new photo

athenian rooftop on a sunday

Attachments

• rooftop.jpg
    rooftop.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 139

inkool

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
Strong Man

c1tu.jpg

Not the best image, but the only one I could get without someone in front of him.

MCH-1138

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2013
California
That is simply stunning! How on earth do you get that level of quality!?!?!

I know you are enticing them into your controlled area but my god! These pictures of the hummingbirds are just breathtaking!

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words, kenoh. The short answer is a combination of lighting, depth of field, and luck. I'm thinking of maybe putting together a "behind-the-scenes" post with a little more detail for those who are interested, but I won't burden the POTD thread with that discussion.

Same setup as yesterday's:

Hummingbird (9574) by MCH-1138, on Flickr

D7000 • Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 @ 35mm • 1/250 @ f/11 • 3 Speedlights

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Yes please! start a new thread on it or post it somewhere because this is mesmerizing. This latest one is about as good as it can get in my opinion. I mean It looks like something out of National Geographic!

Sorry starting to sound like a stalker!

Ken.

Thanks for the kind words, kenoh. The short answer is a combination of lighting, depth of field, and luck. I'm thinking of maybe putting together a "behind-the-scenes" post with a little more detail for those who are interested, but I won't burden the POTD thread with that discussion.

Same setup as yesterday's:

[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3808/13866326665_512c187967_c.jpg]Image[/url]
Hummingbird (9574) by MCH-1138, on Flickr

D7000 • Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 @ 35mm • 1/250 @ f/11 • 3 Speedlights

----------

Love this. You need to start a new thread - caption competition... this one of the owl is begging to be the subject of that! "You talkin' to me?"

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I'm sure that someone has a better one than mine, but here's my photo of last night's "blood moon" during the lunar eclipse.

Blood Moon by SnickerSnackClick, on Flickr

----------

Your toolbox contents gives me the impression of a handgun.

----------

Love this. You need to start a new thread - caption competition... this one of the owl is begging to be the subject of that! "You talkin' to me?"

Not a bad idea. I have all sorts of animal photos that could be fun for captioning.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Yes please! start a new thread on it or post it somewhere because this is mesmerizing. This latest one is about as good as it can get in my opinion. I mean It looks like something out of National Geographic!

Sorry starting to sound like a stalker!

Ken.

----------

I think these both sound like great threads.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Mine for today is a rapeseed field at the back of my house.

Fujifilm XE1 with Rokkor 50mm

^^ Lovely pic, but stinky stuff :eek:

Just a quicky - my new four legged friend ...

Cheers :)

Hugh

Attachments

• Horse Head.jpg
    Horse Head.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
I came upon a dumpster in an alleyway that had this interesting dent it. I did do some post processing to bring out some of the color and features.
9ob3.jpg

MCH-1138

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2013
California

This is fascinating, Razeus. I keep coming back to it, but can't wrap my head around it. Just when I think I have it figured out, I find myself back at the beginning...almost like a Möbius strip.

I'm sure that someone has a better one than mine, but here's my photo of last night's "blood moon" during the lunar eclipse.

13871166453_8bcc4069fd_c.jpg

Blood Moon by SnickerSnackClick, on Flickr

Nice capture, DirtySocks. I saw the eclipse last night, but couldn't capture the red hue. And no matter how many speedlights I threw at it, I couldn't light it the way I wanted... :)

I came upon a dumpster in an alleyway that had this interesting dent it. I did do some post processing to bring out some of the color and features.
9ob3.jpg

I'm enjoying this series of detail shots, fcortese (this one, the telephone poles, and the graffiti). Lots of great color and texture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.