Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CUsurfer

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
Are you guys with the Logitech G-series mice using third party software to configure the mouse? It was my understanding that Logitech does not support the G-series on the Mac. It's frustrating because the Performance MX (which is supported) does have certain limitations. For instance, there doesn't seem to be any way to create and switch between multiple profiles. I also bought a Razer Orochi. The driver seems to be very poorly written. The software keeps crashing and freaking out, and the macro functionality just doesn't work well, if at all, when it does work. I'm probably going to return both mice. Does anyone know of a mouse for use in OSX that has at least two extra, mappable buttons and also has the ability to configure multiple profiles?

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Are you guys with the Logitech G-series mice using third party software to configure the mouse? It was my understanding that Logitech does not support the G-series on the Mac. It's frustrating because the Performance MX (which is supported) does have certain limitations. For instance, there doesn't seem to be any way to create and switch between multiple profiles. I also bought a Razer Orochi. The driver seems to be very poorly written. The software keeps crashing and freaking out, and the macro functionality just doesn't work well, if at all, when it does work. I'm probably going to return both mice. Does anyone know of a mouse for use in OSX that has at least two extra, mappable buttons and also has the ability to configure multiple profiles?

Mouse of your choice + Steermouse.

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
I've got a Logitech Revolution MX—looks similar to the Performance MX above—which I love. (I've tried out many mice before settling on that one). Logitech definitely treats the Mac as a second-class citizen, though—their mice work better in Windows and they drag their feet with support, upgrades, and bugs.

I also have a Magic Trackpad which I got because I absolutely love using the trackpads (with touch features) on the MacBook Pros. It's quite nice but not perfect for everything (in my experience).

andymac2210

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
For mac - magic mouse.

It's just perfect.

For playing games on a PC, logitech G5,had it 3 years and it's solid.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
For mac - magic mouse.

It's just perfect.

For playing games on a PC, logitech G5,had it 3 years and it's solid.

I believe they don't sell G5 anymore, G5 was replaced with G500 wich actually is a lot better, I really like that mouse I just would preffere it wireless.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I tend to prefer wired Mice -- have two of the Logitech Laser Mouse, use one at home, and one at work -- they are the best Mice I have ever owned...very comfortable and the scroll wheel is great. I like using them much better than any Apple mouse anyway.

Here it is...Logitech M500 Laser Mouse:

231088.jpg

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
That is why I like the corded Laser Mouse, the tactile response of the buttons seems much better than any of the wireless options I tested. It is more like a classic clickable mouse.

CUsurfer

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
Mouse of your choice + Steermouse.

Whoa. This program is AMAZING. Thank you. The fact that it is context aware is...just awesome. Saves me the additional step of manually switching my profile. I simply open the application and my mouse is ready to go! I can also see how this would be disadvantageous though. Still, pretty cool feature. Thanks! Now if only I could find a mouse with a shape I like but still enough buttons...

FYI for those looking at the Logitech Performance MX...it has really bizarre tracking! If you look at the where the laser is, it's like under your thumb instead of in the middle of the mouse! If you move the mouse like me (higher sens, move left to right by pivoting at the wrist, i.e. not lifting your wrist and moving the entire mouse left to right) you will hate this mouse! It tracks diagonally at about 30 degrees and it's super annoying (unless you compensate)! Buyer beware!

r3dm4lcz

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2012
LPL
the Logitec m905
Best mouse I've ever used, works on just about any surface, and no lag

i bought from here: http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-m905-anywhere-mouse-u.html

of all the things Apple makes, the mighty/magic mouse is imo by far the worst :apple:

I'll second this. Also had very good customer service by Logitech. For some reason my connectivity was dropping with my work laptop. Rang them up, they asked maybe three questions followed by an address request. Sent out a new one. I now have two and I'm pretty sure it was a driver issue.

stiwi

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2010
Dubai
the Logitec m905
Best mouse I've ever used, works on just about any surface, and no lag

i bought from here: http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-m905-anywhere-mouse-u.html

of all the things Apple makes, the mighty/magic mouse is imo by far the worst :apple:

This mouse M905 is very good, my wife is using it. I am using Logitech Performance MX (Logitech's best range), I have already exchanged it because of the double click problem. And now it happens again, stay away from Performance MX (google: performance mx double click issue)....

Logitech V470 is a very good mouse, when it comes to Bluetooh. The issue however is that it is too compact for my liking.

badsandwich

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2009
The problem that I keep running into with Logitech mice is the drivers. There's some weird acceleration going on, and it's nigh-on impossible to find a sweet spot for the scrolling.

Additionally, the scroll wheel seems to kick in periodically when moving the mouse- very annoying for gaming. I know the mouse itself is not at fault because none of these issues arise in boot camp.

I'm going to take a look at steermouse.

heyimandy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Toronto, ON
I know there getting quite old now but that means they can be found at a good price anyway, I love my Logitech Revolution mx pro, simple to install just plug in usb bit and away you go no need to use the cd or download new drivers (like my windows 7 pc had to do)

Hands down the best mouse I've used. I'm a video editor and can tell you this mouse is a beauty. Comfortable, responsive and the battery life is awesome. Pick one up!

eron

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
Logitech M950- Performance Mouse.

I've tried the Magic Mouse, and don't like the low sensitivity.
I had a Razer Razerback for 5 years which 'shorted' occasionally, so I had to look for a new mouse.

Was sceptical about the M950 being wireless, whether it will be sensitive enough for me. Surprisingly, it exceeded my expectations.

Good buttons, ergonomic. Functional. Can be used while corded when charging too.

ONLY thing I dislike is that the middle button can be tricky to press.

It does require a USB port for the ultra thin RF dongle.

markp99

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
New Hampshire
Any Bluetooth recommendations? I have a Logitec M705, works well enough, but the USB dongle thingy is just RUDE to look at, danglnig off the beautious MacBookPro chassis.

There are precious few BT options it seems. Most are mini-mouse type options.

kamran9558

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I love my Logitech Performance MX mouse. Being a Graphic/Web Designer the magic mouse was very uncomfortable after a short time of use. With this mouse I can use it for hours with no problem.

logitech-performance-mouse-mx-on-glass-surface.jpg

No mouse comes close to this one in battery life/ergonomics/instant pairing (and Im talking mili seconds) and sensitivity/speed

garstudios

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2012
cyborg r.a.t. 7, it comes in a white/aluminum color it supports mac too (i guess that means you can program all the buttons, i dont know) anyways, its $99, looks insane, its a gamer mouse. i am not a gamer, i do not use all the buttons, but this mouse looks nice, and its the best mouse i have ever used. it slides really nice like, it fits the hand perfectly, it matches the apple keyboard...

its not wireless.

its overkill to say the least, but its insanely nice. nice enough for me to want to buy a few of them to keep in the closet in case the one i have breaks...and they stop making them...

stiwi

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2010
Dubai
No mouse comes close to this one in battery life/ergonomics/instant pairing (and Im talking mili seconds) and sensitivity/speed

Yes, Performance MX is the best mouse when it comes to ergonomic but be prepared for exchanges every couple of months. I have already exchanged my twice because of a double click problem.

Anyway, Logitech support is great so they will ship you via UPS a new piece but that's simply not a point when you spend so much for a mouse, it should work rock solid.

kamran9558

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Yes, Performance MX is the best mouse when it comes to ergonomic but be prepared for exchanges every couple of months. I have already exchanged my twice because of a double click problem.

Anyway, Logitech support is great so they will ship you via UPS a new piece but that's simply not a point when you spend so much for a mouse, it should work rock solid.

well, Im using it for atleast a year now and have absolutely no issues what so ever may be you are "holding it wrong" (as steve jobs said) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.