Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I wasn't aware they had this. How is the size compared to the m705/m905?
I'm guessing the Logitech site will have dimensions. I think it's the smallest mouse they currently make. I used to use the Logitech VX Nano, which was the best mouse I ever used, but when it finally died, I went with this one, as they are about the same size and feel. The battery life on the Nano was incredible.... about 6 months of 15-18 hour a day use.

OatmealRocks

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
I'm guessing the Logitech site will have dimensions. I think it's the smallest mouse they currently make. I used to use the Logitech VX Nano, which was the best mouse I ever used, but when it finally died, I went with this one, as they are about the same size and feel. The battery life on the Nano was incredible.... about 6 months of 15-18 hour a day use.

I used to have a Nano. 2 actually. One got stolen but I like it so much I bought it again. Great size for mobility but my needs have changed. I find myself needing a larger mouse.

----------

This is my mouse of choice: Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX™

No pics from the vendor for the bottom of the mouse. Wouldn't it be funny if the Anywhere Mouse MX was really a trackball mouse? :D

wmouazzen

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2008
I wasn't aware they had this. How is the size compared to the m705/m905?

It's been around for a couple of years. I think they are the exact same size. The mouse just works on almost any surface, which is the main selling point.

It's what I've been using since they released the mouse and it's the best mouse I have used for everyday laptop use.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
No pics from the vendor for the bottom of the mouse.
Yes, there is:
ScreenCap 2012-06-30 at Sat, Jun 30,1.34.12 PM .PNG
Wouldn't it be funny if the Anywhere Mouse MX was really a trackball mouse? :D
It's not. As clearly stated on the site I linked:
Track virtually anywhere—even on a glass desk—with Logitech® Darkfield Laser Tracking™. Turn the world into your mouse pad.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
No pics from the vendor for the bottom of the mouse. Wouldn't it be funny if the Anywhere Mouse MX was really a trackball mouse? :D

That would be amusing, but unfortunately it says 'laser' in the description and there is actually an image of the bottom of the mouse in the Image Gallery section- it's the third to last ;)

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
It's easy: the requirements are Logitech and Bluetooth. For computer.

There's only one such mouse: The Logitech V470

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's easy: the requirements are Logitech and Bluetooth. For computer.

There's only one such mouse: The Logitech V470
The OP didn't make Bluetooth a requirement, which I find fortunate, because Logitech's Bluetooth options are quite limited... and disappointing. I wish they'd make something like the Anywhere Mouse MX in a Bluetooth version, but the micro-receiver isn't a problem.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
The OP didn't make Bluetooth a requirement, which I find fortunate, because Logitech's Bluetooth options are quite limited... and disappointing. I wish they'd make something like the Anywhere Mouse MX in a Bluetooth version, but the micro-receiver isn't a problem.

I didn't say the OP made such a requirement. Those are the requirements that anybody looking for a laptop mouse should make.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I didn't say the OP made such a requirement. Those are the requirements that anybody looking for a laptop mouse should make.
While those may be your requirements, they don't apply to everyone. Bluetooth is not a requirement for everyone, as the USB micro receiver works quite well, and the mouse has more capabilities than the V470.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
While those may be your requirements, they don't apply to everyone. Bluetooth is not a requirement for everyone, as the USB micro receiver works quite well, and the mouse has more capabilities than the V470.

A dongle is not acceptable for use with a notebook.

I bought my V470 a long time ago, and nothing newer has come out.
Unfortunately, it's the only choice.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Even for PC users, most people don't want dongles.
You don't know that. You haven't surveyed everyone, or even enough to know what "most people" want. There's nothing inherently wrong with using a dongle, especially the micro receivers by Logitech. For many, having advanced mouse features is worth far more than simply being able to use Bluetooth. While Bluetooth may be a critical consideration to some, clearly it's not to many others.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
You don't know that. You haven't surveyed everyone, or even enough to know what "most people" want. There's nothing inherently wrong with using a dongle, especially the micro receivers by Logitech. For many, having advanced mouse features is worth far more than simply being able to use Bluetooth. While Bluetooth may be a critical consideration to some, clearly it's not to many others.

I know the later Logitech RF is better than Bluetooth, but I don't care. Dongles suck, specially on a notebook.

Blue604

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2012
I am also searching for a mouse. I have tried Logitech MX Performance and MX anywhere, both have tracking issues under osx, i.e.: jumpy during slow tracking. They work fine under bootcamp. Tried Orochi and same problem. Tried magic mouse, but didn't like the ergonomic.

I have 2009 MBP 13" running latest Lion.

I have a very old wireless logitech MK250 keyboard mouse combo, I only use the mouse, and it works fine (not jumpy)

I suspect it's the higher dpi or polling rate with newer mice.

Any suggestions?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I know the later Logitech RF is better than Bluetooth, but I don't care. Dongles suck, specially on a notebook.
It's certainly your right to have that opinion. The micro receiver works fine for me and many others. I can leave it in all the time, even in a sleeve, it works without any interference issues, unlike Bluetooth, and I don't use that USB port for anything else.
I am also searching for a mouse. I have tried Logitech MX Performance and MX anywhere, both have tracking issues under osx, i.e.: jumpy during slow tracking.
I suspect that has to do with your particular mouse settings, as I've never had such issues. Are you using the Logitech Control Center software?

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
It's certainly your right to have that opinion. The micro receiver works fine for me and many others. I can leave it in all the time, even in a sleeve, it works without any interference issues, unlike Bluetooth, and I don't use that USB port for anything else.

Many PC users have no problem because there's a lot of lame PCs without Bluetooth, so they need a dongle anyway.

Using a redundant dongle is blasphemy on Macs.

Blue604

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2012

I suspect that has to do with your particular mouse settings, as I've never had such issues. Are you using the Logitech Control Center software?

I do. I downloaded the latest one from Logitech website, also tried Steermouse. I have bootcamp on MBP, and the mouse just work so much better under bootcamp.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Ahh! Now I understand your point! It has nothing to do with logic, only emotion!

Of course it has to do with logic. It's a small required component that you can lose or forget and takes up a valuable USB port.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I do. I downloaded the latest one from Logitech website, also tried Steermouse. I have bootcamp on MBP, and the mouse just work so much better under bootcamp.
That's very strange. I've used nothing but Logitech mice for many years, and I've never had a tracking problem on any Windows or Mac computer. I've never tried Steermouse and only use the LCC. I wonder if you got a defective mouse?
Of course it has to do with logic. It's a small required component that you can lose or forget and takes up a valuable USB port.
If you leave it plugged in 24/7, you can't lose or forget it. If you need the USB port for something else, I can understand. I only have two uses for my two USB ports, so the receiver isn't an inconvenience at all. Again, you don't need to justify your opinion to anyone, but it is just that: an opinion. As such, it doesn't apply to everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.