Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
I've been mulling over the m705 and the performance MX. It will be for my desktop at work and I do a lot of Microstation and Autocad work. I have fairly large hands and was able to hold the m705 at a local box store today and it felt pretty good. Does the m705 feel small to you that use it a lot? I can't seem to decide. The m705 is half the price which is nice but would obviously be willing to spend more since I use it so frequently. I still have yet to hold the performance MX so i guess if I never do I won't know what I'm missing :D

Thoughts from users of both?

dank414

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
I have a magic mouse and a razor naga. I prefer the razor naga but it takes up a usb slot.

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
I have the m705. I had the magic mouse before but prolong use made my wrist uncomfortable and after a while just uncomfortable using it. I also had to add an app that would change the sensitivity and area which my fingers would naturally touch and move as I move my mouse.

I'd go with the Logitech mice. I've been using one for years and it's been brilliant.

I don't particularly like recharging and all that nonsense so I have one that takes standard AA batteries. I probably need to change them once a year and I use my iMac heavily every day. I think the most recent version of the mouse I have is the Logitech M705.

I cannot decide between the m705 and Performance mx. I have now used both in store. I like the larger size of the mx but i hate the zoom button location. I think I'd prefer the m705 but every time i look at a review I see "scrolling problem", anyone having this issue?

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I brought today the logitech performance mx, and is pure crap! is heavy as hell... I hate it! if you want have problems with your hands over the time get that brick!

Im looking for another solution, maybe the Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse is more cheap but better... not heavy I hope so!

any other solution, Im looking a mouse not too heavy and not too small... small mouse are so bad, like the Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse T631 for Mac

so yes two mouse! from logitech that I test and hate, now I go for the 510, more cheap but maybe better!

any help?

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
as a left handed mouse user, i feel mostly forgotten. basically if you want ambidextrous you have to go for the most generic bottom-tier offering.

i tried a razor orochi and it was the worst waste of money. the mandatory cloud based configuration software forgot its settings *literally* multiple times a day. the bluetooth caused the mouse to go to sleep every minute, and had a 10 second wakeup delay, and still only had about 1 week battery life. and even when i abandoned all of its features, and used it as a 2-button wired mouse, it still had frequent tracking issues where it would spaz out.

so after a period of dismay, i've tried to open my heart to mice again, and got a microsoft sculpt mobile mouse. jury is still out, however it has the most disgusting finish i've ever encountered. it feels as though someone rubbed grease all over the mouse (and no, it wasn't my hands :rolleyes: ) its just a really bizarre low friction finish.

anyway, hope you have some luck, and if anyone has a recommendation for a nice left-y mouse, ideally with buttons i can map to expose/show desktop, PLEASE let me know!

blooperz

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2013
I use the Logitech Performance MX, it's a little pricey but well worth it for me, I love the thing...I have a magic mouse and absolutely hate it. The ergonomics on the magic mouse are terrible...

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I use the Logitech Performance MX, it's a little pricey but well worth it for me, I love the thing...I have a magic mouse and absolutely hate it. The ergonomics on the magic mouse are terrible...

yes magic mouse is soap! so bad but Perf. MX is a brick! heavy as hell... even worst!

RGT70

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I love my old Razer Naga Molten while gaming. Logitech is also good, which I use at work place. My new steelseries sensei frost blue is an OK replacement after my Razer start to "double" my every click (I played WOW for 3 years with it), but not as satisfying as Razer.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I love my old Razer Naga Molten while gaming. Logitech is also good, which I use at work place. My new steelseries sensei frost blue is an OK replacement after my Razer start to "double" my every click (I played WOW for 3 years with it), but not as satisfying as Razer.

actually Im thiking in buy a Razer (Im not a gamer, I want for UI Design but still I need a good mouse for that, I dont need a lot buttons but a good confortable mouse! ergonomic..) that brand looks so good,
this is one of most selling it seems http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAd...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1412308551&sr=1-1
not bad price but have cable, no wireless but even if its with cable and works I want try it...

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
question to owners of Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse!!! please:

the weight!!! is more heavy than the wireless MIGHTY mouse 132g??? (yes the old apple mouse with two batteries)

I hate the mighty mouse wireless weight! so I need something less heavy, so please the Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse is less heavy than the 132grams of the Mighty????

I cant find the weight of the Logitech M510 with two batteries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.