Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I say go to the store and try both in hand and make your own mind up, OP. Open all the apps and explore the browsers and just get a feel for the operating systems. Nothing beats holding it and using it as opposed to reading walls of text (which may or may not be accurate ;))

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Great points guys. As a recent switcher from the Note 4 to the ip6+ I agree that notifications are better on android, especially in terms of widgets. In iOS they are all stuffed into the notification bar willy nilly and it's hard to distinguish one notification from another. In android each widget has it's information that is separate. Also you can scroll through old information in android, where in iOS once you clear the notification it's gone unless you open the app.

I also miss the back button.

I agree about notifications too. Put very briefly, my general experience after a month with the 6+ is: Android gently reminds you of what's happening. With iOS, you have to regularly look for anything that may have happened yourself.

The notification light is actually a big part of it. I miss it quite a lot, more than I had expected!

However the back button I have not missed at all really, which also really surprises me. The swipe to go back has me sorted seemingly nearly every time.

Another thing I really miss: NovaLauncher Prime made my Note 2 homescreen so much smarter and efficient than the iOS one, with the gestures to pull down the notifications shade by swiping down anywhere on the screen (I have ghost pains from this, keep doing it tho it has no effect...), and secondary functions by swiping up from icons.

Oh, and email attachments just suck on iOS, as jrswizzle mentioned earlier.

On the other hand, I have no idea how I could survive without TouchID before. Such an elegant and reliable feature, feels like it shaves an hour of code/pattern fiddling off my daily phone use lol.

Good things and bad things on both systems...

I'm feeling more and more that I may take a step towards being in the 'phone addicts club' soon, might start using iOS half the year and Android the other half, and switching to a Note 4 after a few months of this, then back for the 6+ S (or w-e it's called when released)...:cool:

That or Samsung releases a new Note tablet based on the 8.4 Tab S to use as an Android sidekick...

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
I think these 2 phones comparison has been beaten to death. You decide for yourself. For me, it is no doubt Note 4 is better with overwhelming tangible evidences as follows:-

1. Screen
- Bigger 5.7in (7 percent more area) in smaller phone size
- Can use the screen with gloves.
- QuadHD (500+ vs 400 ppi on 6+), better color, constrast and sunlight readibility
http://www.displaymate.com/Color_Accuracy_ShootOut_1.htm

2. Camera/Video
- 16MP and 5MP wide-angle front (vs 8MP and 1.2MP for 6+)
- upto 4K video with stereo sound record (vs 1080p mono)
- camera software with full manual settings control and many more shooting mode (e.g. selective focus, dual camera shot, super wide angle etc)
- Better camera overall (front & back):
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/C...peria-Z3-LG-G3-Galaxy-S5-Galaxy-Note-3_id3822
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Note...ptical-Image-Stabilization-comparison_id63122
http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-...3-vs-Xperia-Z3-vs-Galaxy-S5-vs-One-M8_id63221
http://www.straitstimes.com/digital...galaxy-note-4-vs-apple-iphone-6-plus-20141016
http://www.imore.com/iphone-6-plus-vs-galaxy-note-4-camera-comparison
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/11/08/samsung-galaxy-note-4-vs-iphone-6-plus-camera-comparison/

3. Battery
- Better battery life (from these reviews)
http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_6_plus_vs_galaxy_note_4-review-1161p3.php
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-vs-Apple-iPhone-6-Plus_id3815/page/4
- Removable battery (for uninterrupted use + cheap to replace)
- fast charging (50% in half-hour) and super-power saver mode (last upto 24hrs on 10% battery)

4. Hardware
- 160Gb memory with 128Gb SD card at fraction of cost compared to 6+.
- USB Host: plug in disk/thumbdrive directly to phone and use as drives. Also compatible with other USB plug-play devices like keyboard, game controller etc.
- DLNA/Miracast/MHL to stream media or mirror screen at full resolution to compatible TV without need for expensive and bulky AppleTV box.
- Unrestricted NFC for 3rd party customization. e.g tap NFC sticker in car will auto turn on BT, start music playing, set the phone to "drive" mode and activate turn-by-turn navigation app.
- Unrestricted WIFI-Direct and BT-transfer support to easily share files between heterogenous phone platforms.
- IR Blaster - universal infra-red remote control
- Heart, Sp02 and ultra-violet sensor for health
- Uses non-proprietary micro-USB (i.e. easily available cables) and micro-SIM (easy swapping of SIM card)
- Multi-use LED light indicator for events (missed call/sms etc). Also can have repeated sound reminders for missed call/sms/calendar/other events.
- Dedicated Back + multi-task key to easily navigate UI.

4. S-Pen + Nice to Have
- Pressure sensitive hand writing with S-Pen. Easily take note anywhere by just sliding out pen. Drag selection of text/clip image easily. Advance copy-paste and OCR.
- Smart Stay will keep the screen on if it detects that you are looking at the screen. Smart Rotation to rotate the screen based on the orientation of your eyes and sensor. Reduces all the unwanted screen rotations.
- Motion/Gesture control - flip over to silent sound, tilt to zoom, shake to unlock phone, etc
- Answer phone by pressing Home key.
- Always listening mode for Google Now/S-Voice (i.e. can wakeup phone from standby with voice). Other like sound/baby detector. Sound activated camera.

5. Multi-tasking + Multi-Windows
- Run multiple apps in multiple windows at same time. Popup window for video playback or chat session.
- Good multi-tasking performance (vs 6+) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVkaY-F6Zhs
- Intent/event activated multi-tasking. The ability of apps to auto-run in the background when certain events (e.g. receive sms, calendar etc) happen is sorely lacking in iOS. With this capability there are thousands of automation scenarios that can be done in Note 4 but not in 6+. Just a few examples:
* when a call is started/received, a call recording app is automatically activated to record the ongoing conversation.
* when the cell ID changes to one near the location of pickup, the app will auto send an SMS to the person to get ready.
* when an sms arrives from a business contact, an app will write the sms details into a shared google calendar so other people can see.
* when a calendar meeting event starts/ends, an app will auto turn the phone to vibrate and back again. Another app will auto send SMS wishes if those events are birthday/anniversary.
* Set phone to only allows calls from "Family" contact group from 12-7am. Plus auto reject any calls that is in the blacklist. You can set-up multiple schedules (much more advance "do not disturb")

6. User Interface + Customization
- Many Launchers + Theming capability
- Able to SEAMLESSLY replace any stock apps with 3rd party apps to upgrade or improve functionalities.
- Faster scrolling speed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1GDLunomY
- Able to set a reading font size in browser. When zoomed in, text always appear at this specified font size. Text is also reflow to fit the screen for easy reading without side-scrolling.
- Supports many more media format (avi, mkv, divx) directly without tedious conversion via Itunes. (i.e. transfer files into phone storage via bt,wifi,cloud etc and play).
- Ability to attach multiple files of any types to email (incl. re-edit re-attach). Ability to edit/view any attachments as long as there is a installed app that handles the file type.
- File Systems - Files copied to phone storage are accessible by any built-in/3rd party apps. Includes ability to download/save any files from any sources (browser, apps etc) into the phone storage.
- Easily share any files/contents via any registered share providers (BT, Wifi, cloud storages, social networks, usb etc). You can add new share streams easily (by installing apps).
- Direct dial/sms with picture icon on desktop or in folder for quick one touch operation. Plus ability to create shortcuts to any files/contents for quick one-touch access.
- Ability to use "live" wallpaper (in both lock and main screen) or ability to auto-change static wallpaper periodically. Plus use transparent icons without labels on desktop screen.
- Easily set custom ringtone. Just copy rintone files to phone via any available means (bt, wifi, cloud etc). It will show up in ringtone selection. No need to go thru tedious stps (like in iOS)

Hahaha. This post is so hilarious. Cherry picked reviews to back arguments. Then the bolded parts are just downright petty comparisons. Wow.

I mean did you really cite micro-SIM as a 'plus' for the Note 4...really?...micro-sim.

Ohwow.jpg

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Hahaha. This post is so hilarious. Cherry picked reviews to back arguments. Then the bolded parts are just downright petty comparisons. Wow.

Just leave it lol, he thinks Anandtech is a biased source (and they happen to refute practically all of the benchmarks he posted about battery life and camera through more scientifically sound, platform-agnostic methods of testing).

EmmaBeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2014
Ack...let's not devolve into brawling!

I appreciate the many thoughtful responses regarding both devices. I have, in fact, handled both phones fairly extensively. To me, the iPhone feels more polished all around, but also more limited. Honestly, the longer this conversation has gone on, the more I remember things I'd be leaving behind. I may be deeper into the Google side of things than I realized.

Someone also mentioned Google Music, which I haven't messed with since its very early days (talking somewhere around Eclair/Froyo), and this may solve my current biggest quibble with Android, which is that I haven't had a clean and unified way of getting music from my computer to the cloud and my phone. I use Amazon for a lot of my music, but have had mixed results with their music matching. It looks like the Google Music Manager has vastly improved, and since I only have about 10k tracks, it's free. That might do for me.

The main thing holding me back in all of this is that I can't truly know what a phone will be like day to day without using it day to day. I'd also quite likely be selling or trading in my current phone, so it's a path of no return either way. I'm a nervous Nellie. ;)

Thanks, all!

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Samsung Note 4 or iPhone 6 Plus? Foot in Each Camp...

I appreciate the many thoughtful responses regarding both devices. I have, in fact, handled both phones fairly extensively. To me, the iPhone feels more polished all around, but also more limited. Honestly, the longer this conversation has gone on, the more I remember things I'd be leaving behind. I may be deeper into the Google side of things than I realized.

Someone also mentioned Google Music, which I haven't messed with since its very early days (talking somewhere around Eclair/Froyo), and this may solve my current biggest quibble with Android, which is that I haven't have a clean and unified way of getting music from my computer to the cloud and my phone. I use Amazon for a lot of my music, but have had mixed results with their music matching. It looks like the Google Music Manager has vastly improved, and since I only have about 10k tracks, it's free. That might do for me.

The main thing holding me back in all of this is that I can't truly know what a phone will be like day to day without using it day to day. I'd also quite likely be selling or trading in my current phone, so it's a path of no return either way. I'm a nervous Nellie. ;)

Thanks, all!

Whichever you purchase remember in the US you have a flexible 14 day return window ... So you do get a do-over if needed.

So don't feel nervous, just enjoy whichever you do end up with :). Both represent great handsets and people can list a dozen things better about A over B and vice versa but it really all boils down to what you subjectively prefer and feel comfortable using.

Whatever you decide to get - use & enjoy the device as intended - and please please please; don't feel the need to spend months on forums defending your decision by ripping the one you didn't choose to shreds out of insecurity ;) ;) #cough cough

Last edited:

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012

Someone also mentioned Google Music, which I haven't messed with since its very early days (talking somewhere around Eclair/Froyo), and this may solve my current biggest quibble with Android, which is that I haven't have a clean and unified way of getting music from my computer to the cloud and my phone. I use Amazon for a lot of my music, but have had mixed results with their music matching. It looks like the Google Music Manager has vastly improved, and since I only have about 10k tracks, it's free. That might do for me.

Thanks, all!

Hear hear! :)

As one who was painfully sitting on the fence between these two before making my decision to buy a 6+ about a month ago, I would offer this final, general advice:

Get the iPhone if you very clearly like the Apple way of doing things and place extra value in simplicity and that extra touch of elegance.

Otherwise, the Note 4 has the advantage, going by how you describe your use case. It will offer you wider possibilities, more diversity, and greater in-depth control.

A Galaxy Note phone is more of a "hobby" in itself, if you will. One that you can play around with because you simply find it enjoyable to tinker and play around with a smartphone. Whereas the iPhone is more of a "get it done and get out of the way" kind of device.

And in the end, both devices are quite spectacular - you really can't go horribly wrong with either of them. So good luck in your choice, and enjoy whichever one you end up getting. :) (And feel free to come back and let us geeks know how it went!)

EmmaBeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2014
Whichever you purchase remember in the US you have a flexible 14 day return window ... :) so don't feel nervous, just enjoy whichever you do end up with :)

Indeed, but I think with Verizon (my carrier), you can only swap once, so if I return one phone for another and then want the first back, I'd have to negotiate strenuously. Plus my original phone would likely be gone. Pressure...heh. I'll live, either way, but it does make me dither. I think I need to do more Best Buy/Verizon Store haunting. (Apple Store is a bit of a drive.)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Indeed, but I think with Verizon (my carrier), you can only swap once, so if I return one phone for another and then want the first back, I'd have to negotiate strenuously. Plus my original phone would likely be gone. Pressure...heh. I'll live, either way, but it does make me dither. I think I need to do more Best Buy/Verizon Store haunting. (Apple Store is a bit of a drive.)

It's a shame you can't rent a phone (maybe this is possible in the US). I know the reviewer Erica Griffin often rents devices to see if she likes them before purchase. Would be a very handy way of spending a good fortnight with both devices to see which you want. Perhaps have a Google and see if there is a company in your locality that actually does that :)

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010

Seeing as how you have an s3 and have been with android for quite awhile, maybe try the iPhone first, you quickly see if it will work for you and if not you can always swap it for the Note, which would be like your s3 on super steroids.

Though you should try google music on your s3 first, that way you can compare it with iTunes.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
It doesn't matter which of the two you get initially. Because at the end of the day, you'll come full circle and arrive at whichever device you need whether you like it or not.

Thats just how it is.

Gd luck.

Last edited:

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Just leave it lol, he thinks Anandtech is a biased source (and they happen to refute practically all of the benchmarks he posted about battery life and camera through more scientifically sound, platform-agnostic methods of testing).

I think anandtech is biased too. Based on all the reviews I've read this is my impression.

Screen goes to the note 4
Camera goes to the 6 plus, although I acknowledge that the note 4 will take more detailed shots outside.
Battery life goes to the iPhone 6 plus.

I have an iPhone 6 plus by the way.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012

I mean did you really cite micro-SIM as a 'plus' for the Note 4...really?...micro-sim.

Ohwow.jpg

Are those things you bolded untruth? You are just criticizing pettily. :p

Some of them are maybe minor to you but to others it may not be.

For example to be able to press the home key to answer call is very useful to me. Because of the size, on 6+ you have to use 2 hands (and eyes ;) ) to answer call which can be problematic in some situations

Why 7% more screen area in a smaller size or higher resolution petty? It may not be critical. And neither is the miliseconds "lag" that is all rage with apple fanboys when talking about Note4)

Why is the "Back" button petty? It is one of the most useful feature. It allows for bread crumbs navigation which is sorely lacking in iphone (I dont want to even mention the ridiculously top-left (or random) placement of back in iphone)

Name some other phones uses nano-SIM? You have to waste money and time go and get a nano-SIM (and hassle of adapter) to swap SIM card between phones.

I especially like auto-changing of wall paper (using predefined files). Minor functionality but gives so much aesthetically.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012

It is not surprising you can only fallback to ONE source Anandtech which is owned by someone who works for Apple. Now you even can shamelessly tell us that other sources are bias. :p

btw: What is so scientific about battery life test done by Anandtech. The one that you always like to show 6+ is better than Note 4 is ONLY for web surfing (by running a script like the other sites). It is just ridiculous to take web-surfing the only measure of battery life. Why Anandtech never show video playback battery life? Well, because then Note4 would demolish 6+. We already know Anandtech purposely omit benchmark values which put Apple behind. Just look at ipad review where better comparative values for Tab S are omitted from charts and while those having worse values than Ipad miraculously appear in the charts.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I would say my friends and family are a mix, though slightly skewed toward iPhone. Curious, how is communicating iPhone to iPhone different? I know iMessage allows larger attachments and isn't quite like normal text messages, but that's about all I know.
The iPhone will also sync iMessage to the MBP you bought back in July so when you are writing, it'll come up on your screen and I expect you'll be able to answer calls through it too. ;)

Go to the store and try both phones out would be my advice. They are both great devices that cater for different tastes. It is better to test them out for yourself than listen to some of the self professed Samsung reps that force their needs as fact on here. Good luck with whatever you buy :)

Last edited:

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Seems like there are quite a few Note 4 vs iPhone 6+ threads in the alternative section.

One really needs to play with both before making a decision. I was not all that impressed with the Note 4 based upon what I'd seen in reviews and online discussion. But the more I played with it, the more I "got it".

Someone else might have a complete opposite reaction and go with the 6+, but you need trigger time with both if you are on the fence. That is the only way to make an informed decision. And even then you've got 14 days to change your mind in most cases.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The iPhone will also sync iMessage to the MBP you bought back in July so when you are writing, it'll come up on your screen and I expect you'll be able to answer calls through it too. ;)

I think if the OP is well integrated into the apple ecosystem then year the iPhone does make more sense. Based on his first post, he seems to use more Google services, and that's why I was recommending the Note. iMessage, continuity etc are great features, but if he's not really using iMessage, or Apple's Pages/Numbers etc, then it makes less sense.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I think if the OP is well integrated into the apple ecosystem then year the iPhone does make more sense. Based on his first post, he seems to use more Google services, and that's why I was recommending the Note. iMessage, continuity etc are great features, but if he's not really using iMessage, or Apple's Pages/Numbers etc, then it makes less sense.

I just thought it might be useful as some family and friends use iPhone and they have a MBP. If the google services out weigh that then of course the Note is the better option :)

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Are those things you bolded untruth? You are just criticizing pettily. :p

Some of them are maybe minor to you but to others it may not be.

For example to be able to press the home key to answer call is very useful to me. Because of the size, on 6+ you have to use 2 hands (and eyes ;) ) to answer call which can be problematic in some situations

Why 7% more screen area in a smaller size or higher resolution petty? It may not be critical. And neither is the miliseconds "lag" that is all rage with apple fanboys when talking about Note4)

Why is the "Back" button petty? It is one of the most useful feature. It allows for bread crumbs navigation which is sorely lacking in iphone (I dont want to even mention the ridiculously top-left (or random) placement of back in iphone)

Name some other phones uses nano-SIM? You have to waste money and time go and get a nano-SIM (and hassle of adapter) to swap SIM card between phones.

I especially like auto-changing of wall paper (using predefined files). Minor functionality but gives so much aesthetically.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread so this will be my last reply.

- If using the home button to answer calls is useful to you then great but don't then turn around and cite it as a general plus over an iPhone. I use the home button/bottom bezel to pull a phone out of pocket and i'm grateful a call isn't answered automatically when i do.

- 5.5" vs 5.7" or 5.0 vs 5.2" is a similar comparison to 500 PPI vs 401 PPI (Note 4 is actually around 360-370 PPI btw). Its pedantic and meaningless in real-world use. Also lag has been found on Android devices by Android users themselves. Its not a myth.

- There's no issue with going back to a previous page on IOS, WP, webOS or Android. They all just do things in their own way.

- The HTC One M8, Nexus 6, Droid Turbo and Moto X all use nano-sims but thats not even the point. The point is sim adapters are as ubiquitous as sims themselves. I have about 3 sitting in my draw right now.

PS- GSMarena and Phonearena aren't unbiased sources. GSMarena heavily favoured Symbian until it died off. Now they're on the Android bandwagon. Citing them is the equivalent of citing Android Central or Android Authority.

Anyhoo, have a good one.

Last edited:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I agree about notifications too. Put very briefly, my general experience after a month with the 6+ is: Android gently reminds you of what's happening. With iOS, you have to regularly look for anything that may have happened yourself.

The notification light is actually a big part of it. I miss it quite a lot, more than I had expected!

However the back button I have not missed at all really, which also really surprises me. The swipe to go back has me sorted seemingly nearly every time.

Another thing I really miss: NovaLauncher Prime made my Note 2 homescreen so much smarter and efficient than the iOS one, with the gestures to pull down the notifications shade by swiping down anywhere on the screen (I have ghost pains from this, keep doing it tho it has no effect...), and secondary functions by swiping up from icons.

Oh, and email attachments just suck on iOS, as jrswizzle mentioned earlier.

On the other hand, I have no idea how I could survive without TouchID before. Such an elegant and reliable feature, feels like it shaves an hour of code/pattern fiddling off my daily phone use lol.

Good things and bad things on both systems...

I'm feeling more and more that I may take a step towards being in the 'phone addicts club' soon, might start using iOS half the year and Android the other half, and switching to a Note 4 after a few months of this, then back for the 6+ S (or w-e it's called when released)...:cool:

That or Samsung releases a new Note tablet based on the 8.4 Tab S to use as an Android sidekick...

I agree with all this. I didn't know about swipe in iOS, VERY nice, I don't miss the back button as much anymore. I also find touch ID indispensable, it just works, works quickly and is comfortable. The FP sensor on the Note 4 is garbage and I disabled it and never used it.

It kind of all comes down to widgets. I like iOS, but man I wish they would move past 2010 and introduce some interaction to their desktop. Hell I'd even say they should move past 1985 when windows was released, or maybe even earlier when the first GUI was released. Just having a static group of lined up icons just doesn't do it anymore.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
I agree with all this. I didn't know about swipe in iOS, VERY nice, I don't miss the back button as much anymore. I also find touch ID indispensable, it just works, works quickly and is comfortable. The FP sensor on the Note 4 is garbage and I disabled it and never used it.

It kind of all comes down to widgets. I like iOS, but man I wish they would move past 2010 and introduce some interaction to their desktop. Hell I'd even say they should move past 1985 when windows was released, or maybe even earlier when the first GUI was released. Just having a static group of lined up icons just doesn't do it anymore.

A jailbreak is currently available that will let you change that if you're up for it ;)

I have not personally used jailbroken widgets, but they exist

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
It is not surprising you can only fallback to ONE source Anandtech which is owned by someone who works for Apple. Now you even can shamelessly tell us that other sources are bias. :p

btw: What is so scientific about battery life test done by Anandtech. The one that you always like to show 6+ is better than Note 4 is ONLY for web surfing (by running a script like the other sites). It is just ridiculous to take web-surfing the only measure of battery life. Why Anandtech never show video playback battery life? Well, because then Note4 would demolish 6+. We already know Anandtech purposely omit benchmark values which put Apple behind. Just look at ipad review where better comparative values for Tab S are omitted from charts and while those having worse values than Ipad miraculously appear in the charts.
I've already tried explaining things to you many times before. I'm not wasting another day on this (as if you'll ever deviate from your biased, inexperienced standpoint), sorry. :)

Last edited:

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Why is the "Back" button petty? It is one of the most useful feature. It allows for bread crumbs navigation which is sorely lacking in iphone (I dont want to even mention the ridiculously top-left (or random) placement of back in iphone).

In my usage swiping in from left edge to right will go back in almost any instance on all apps. No need to reach the top left.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
In my usage swiping in from left edge to right will go back in almost any instance on all apps. No need to reach the top left.
one thing to mention. On my Note 4 the back button is at the bottom right hand corner. Exactly where my right thumb is when i hold the N4. So for me it is perfect. I hardly have to move at all. For me it is easier than swiping as it takes less motion and effort.

EmmaBeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2014

Yep, this is a definite appeal. Catch being that I currently also use a PC for some work, which is why I end up saving things to Google. I have a lot of snippets saved to Gmail drafts, though that isn't really what it's meant for, so there's no saying I couldn't switch to an application that's actually meant syncing notes and ideas...Evernote, maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.