Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I also ordered mine from amazon. It was cheaper and supposed to arrive today. I got it on Wednesday.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I don't have any sympathy for the OP

I just don't think it is reasonable to expect over the top customer service for a $15 product with extremely unpredictable demand

This. Spigen is small. They are dealing with potentially MILLIONS of customers. In a huge rush. They are knee deep in logistics nightmares. And you can't expect a small outfit like Spigen to keep up.

Btov

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Received 2 iPhone 6 case from them 2 days ago.

ordered from Amazon since it was WAY cheaper (even their ebay page is cheaper)

Last edited:

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
This happens with them every year. I ordered a 5S case last year and they didn't ship it for almost a month. I ordered 10 days ago and got my tracking number 2 days ago, but it still has not been shipped out.

SK360

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Beaver, PA
Ordered my Slim Armor for the iPhone 6 from Amazon Prime Wednesday morning and it was delivered Thursday afternoon... :D

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
I ordered the clear TPU case for my 6 plus on the 12th and it arrived yesterday. My guess is they are one of the few popular brands who had cases available pre-launch and so they are absolutely under water with orders.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
This. Spigen is small. They are dealing with potentially MILLIONS of customers. In a huge rush. They are knee deep in logistics nightmares. And you can't expect a small outfit like Spigen to keep up.

Right, Spigen can't control demand, but not the point.
What Spigen can control is their business practice.
They had time to:
1.Post ad saying it is in stock
2.Take my money.
3 Send a fake USPS tracking number

Last edited:

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Got my case from their ebay store. But I will say this, they sent an email out last week explaining how they were backed up and short supply of cases. But that they would update people asap. They are just backed up, still no real excuse for not getting on facebook and just posting that though. Customer Service goes a long way! Having said that, my case for the 6+ is pretty amazing! Just need my phone!!!!

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Ordered last week, no reply to original message sent tuesday.

Sent message today requesting refund. if they don't, Ill work with Amazon/bank and dispute the charge.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I ordered my case from Spigen on 9/5, item was in stock for over a week, and they still didn't ship it. And they've ignored my 2 emails about it as well.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I posted this on another thread:

The good:
Great products

The Bad: Horrible customer service and no ethics

We have our cases and I'm still in agreement with this. I don't know that we'll order from them again.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
The company may be small, but it's no excuse for horrible customer service. If it happens every year like some of you are saying, then I would think they would have it figured out by now. I've never had an issue as I always order through Amazon with prime, but I would be frustrated as well. An option is to file a charge back with your credit card company since Spigen is non-responsive.

cableguy619

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
I'm sorry but always do your research on where to buy. Many people purchased early. I notice in Saturday many of their shipmates on the site were pushing the release date.

So you figure things may get pushed out. So I looked at other sites and found in amaIn better ship dates and paid for faster shipping. I purchased Monday and will have today.

Many people ordered way before hand, so they prepared better.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I order 2 cases from them on Amazon. One was with Prime and got to me in 2 days. The other was shipping directly from Spigen and wasn't supposed to ship until last Friday. I got my tracking number last Friday as expected but the package didn't actually ship until 2-3 days ago and it will be delivered today. I did email them on Wednesday asking whats going on and got a response 24 hours later telling me nothing more than what my tracking number was which I already knew. At least I got a response but it was really just a generic response and by the time they responded, the package was already moving through the postal system.

This experience wouldn't stop me from buying ever again as Spigen makes great cases and its understanding that things can get delayed due to all the demand the new phones have created.

wolve

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Yeah a lot of people have been getting there cases through Amazon. However not all there cases are fulfilled by Amazon such as the case I ordered.

I figure ordering straight from manufacture would be faster but not so much.

Why do people think this? Makes no sense to me... Manufacturers rarely have enough resources to handle fulfillment (forget customer service) and always give priority to shipping product to big retail companies. This is why when I buy something on the net, I stick to well known on-line retailers. And on Amazon Marketplace, I tend to go with the "fulfilled by Amazon" options if available even if I have to pay more.

BTW, don't you guys use Resellerratings.com?

bigcat

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
Spigen.You get what you pay for.

I just got the air cushion and it's all scratched up in the back, full of scratches, like a used piece of crap someone trashed. What a joke. I won't send it back since I paid $6 but will make sure I write an Amazon review.

EDIT: heading to the apple store see If I can still land one of their leather cases.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Mine was ordered through Amazon but fulfilled by Spigen and am still waiting on it. Ordered it the morning of the 13th and it sat for 4 days then finally got a tracking number through UPS Mail Innovations. No movement since. Just sitting there with a status of "Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations ." Grrr. The only reason I ordered was because the estimated delivery was 09/18. Yeah...not quite.

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Right, Spigen can't control demand, but not the point.
What Spigen can control is their business practice.
Don't say it is in stock.
Take my money.
And send a fake USPS tracking number

This is so spot on couldn't agree anymore.
If there behind in sending out orders how come they didn't just send a massive email reply to all customers who made a purchase in last 2 weeks? Second of all, they could of tweeted out earlier that they were overwhelmed with orders. At least let the customer know why its taking forever to ship out a product you just order.

Also, usually you don't charge the customer until the product is shipped out. So it seemed really suspicious when the charge went through my credit card without being shipped out yet.

----------

BTW, don't you guys use Resellerratings.com?
There's 2 reviews. One has a 5 star rating the other is 1 star. That really doesn't help but in the future I'll use this before I make any other purchase on the internet

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
They got my orders shipped and responded to emails.
I ordered ar various times including just aft 310AM on 9/12

I am not saying this to negate other's issues but I think that the surge has just caught up with them.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
I ordered a handful of Spigen cases for my 4.7" on the 13th. I got all of them within 2 days (amazon prime).

I'll be sending back the ones I don't like. I have always ordered Spigen (directly from Amazon) and have never had issues. Just make sure Amazon is the seller (you'll see the "Prime" symbol).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.