Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkskrap

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beautiful SW Florida
I had the same problem with ordering a Spigen case as the OP. This is what i figured out. There are 3 categories of ordering a Spigen case:

1) Spigen case fulfilled & shipped by Amazon (iPhone 6 only, not 6 Plus). These were already in stock at Amazon and ready to ship.

2) Spigen case listed on Amazon but shipped from Spigen. These incorrectly said "in stock" on the Amazon site but were correctly listed as "ships in 7-10 days" or ships after "Sep 30th" on the Spigen website. Spigen may not have updated the shipping date on the Amazon listings.

3) Spigen case listed on the Spigen website and shipped by Spigen. These correctly say "ships in 7-10 days" or ships after "Sep 30th" (depending on the case).

The only people who were fulfilled on time were #1 shipped by Amazon. People who ordered from Spigen, on Amazon (incorrectly says "in stock"), had to wait 7-10 days for shipping (correctly says on Spigen website) from Spigen.

I called Spigen and never got a return phone call. I emailed Spigen through Amazon but only got a form letter response (thank you for my inquiry, customer service will get back to you as soon as possible etc). I then got a shipping notice from Spigen the same day as the email response.

Well....
When I ordered my case on the morning of 9/11, from the Spigen website, it said "in stock" and that it would ship in 2 business days.

schizbomb

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Texas
My Neo Hybrids both have an issue where if the top volume is hit, it also triggers the bottom, anyone else got this issue? Happens on both of my Neo Hybrids for iPhone 6

LegacyLining

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
My Neo Hybrids both have an issue where if the top volume is hit, it also triggers the bottom, anyone else got this issue? Happens on both of my Neo Hybrids for iPhone 6

I also encountered this issue with with the iPhone 6 case. I can't tell from the "button stabilizer" installation pictures if the fix will help with this problem because it seems like an alignment issue, but really hoping the fix works!

chanerz

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2010
I ordered 2 cases from them 2 weeks ago. Haven't received any of em. Disputed them from my CC. Refund done.

wolve

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009

There's multiple threads about this issue, with the below one being buried with all the other redundant ones. Wish people would scroll past the first few pages, but yeah I know that's asking a lot. :p

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1783805/

Big Dookie

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I do find it odd that they would charge everyone's cards without actually shipping anything. Isn't is standard practice for companies not to process the transaction for the full amount until it ships? I could understand a small authorization charge or whatever, but I know for me personally, the charge for the full amount of the order has already cleared my account.

I can understand them not being able to keep up with demand, since this launch seems to be bigger than even Apple anticipated. But despite that, they should have been more upfront with people about how much stock they had and how fast they would actually be able to fulfill orders. I ordered mine on the 16th for a capsule case, and the status clearly said "In Stock". There was no indication whatsoever that they were having issues (although obviously by all the posts here, that had been the case for several days by that point). And they charged my card almost immediately, despite knowing they wouldn't be able to fulfill the order.

It all does look very shady, and the fact that they won't even put up an apology or even acknowledge the problem whatsoever on their website makes it look worse. I'm certain we'll all get our cases eventually, but the way they've handled this has been really poor.

Motoxmann

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I ordered a 6+ Neo Hybrid from Amazon on the 12th. Said in stock. Didn't ship until the 18th. Supposed to show up tomorrow. We'll see

FireCapt

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I ordered a 6+ Neo Hybrid from Amazon on the 12th. Said in stock. Didn't ship until the 18th. Supposed to show up tomorrow. We'll see

yeah I ordered mine a 3 days before the pre order. it got here 3 days later than estimated delivery. I suspect there is an issue:apple:

jkskrap

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beautiful SW Florida
Just got this email from Spigen:

Dear Loyal Spigen Customer ,

First we want to say thank you so much for the immense amount of support. The high demand and popularity of Spigen is largely due to your contribution and your business with us.

That is without a doubt the most important thing to us, you, the customers.

With the huge growth spurt, there have been a few setbacks with our communication and shipping. We completely understand that this time of waiting may be a huge inconvenience. We wanted to take this time to let you know that we are fully aware of the problems and we are doing everything we can to make it right.

So we kindly ask if you can please wait a little longer for your questions to be answered because we are getting through them currently.

If you have not already, please check out our Support Center at spigen.desk.com. For frequently asked questions.

FOR SHIPPING INQUIRIES:

If you are wondering about your shipping status, currently Spigen.com has a 7-10 business day extended handling time on any iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ items. Normal orders have a 3-5 business day handling time. Our warehouse team is working around the clock at full capacity to try and get out our orders as quickly as possible. We assure you will be getting them and we appreciate your generous amount of patience.

FOR CANCELLATION INQUIRIES:

Please be assured that we are currently sorting through all the cancellation requests. We are trying to process as many refunds as possible. If you have sent us an email, we will be getting back to them. In the case that your order ships out before we can cancel the shipment, you can always return it back to us by:

1) Marking the UNOPENED mail package as "Return to Sender" and the post office will send it back to us. We will issue a full refund on all orders that had previously submitted a cancellation request.

2) If you do open the package, you may need to pay for the return shipping back, but we will honor the full refund instead of the standard-return product refund.

FOR EMAIL RESPONSES:

We are sincerely and so sorry that we are not able to get back to you as soon as we would like to. Please know that we did receive your email and our agents will be getting to them as soon as they are able to. We really want to get back to all of our customers as soon as possible since we do want to help as much as we can. We thank you so much for your great patience with us!

Thank you again for bearing with us at this time and please know that you are a valuable customer to us here at Spigen!

With Warm Regards and Gratitude,

Spigen Customer Care

Big Dookie

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Yeah I just got that too. At least they're finally sending out something acknowledging the problem.

I'm not going to cancel my order or anything, but the whole thing has certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Yes I got similar email from Spigen
Saying could not cancel because order was shipped.
They have not responded to my request to cancel a second order which has not shipped.
Learned my lesson - will never deal with Spigen again.
And to those that say give them a break because of high demand I say not the point. Spigen said in stock, took my money.

wolve

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Yes I got similar email from Spigen
Saying could not cancel because order was shipped.
They have not responded to my request to cancel a second order which has not shipped.
Learned my lesson - will never deal with Spigen again.
And to those that say give them a break because of high demand I say not the point. Spigen said in stock, took my money.

Yes, next time stick to Amazon fulfillment. And there is a very good reason why myself and many others pay for Prime membership. :)

ayun

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I ordered my Spigen Neo Hybrid on 09/13/14 through Amazon and received it on 09/22/14. I also received the button stabilizers in my packaging.

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Just got this email from Spigen:

Dear Loyal Spigen Customer ,

First we want to say thank you so much for the immense amount of support. The high demand and popularity of Spigen is largely due to your contribution and your business with us.

That is without a doubt the most important thing to us, you, the customers.

With the huge growth spurt, there have been a few setbacks with our communication and shipping. We completely understand that this time of waiting may be a huge inconvenience. We wanted to take this time to let you know that we are fully aware of the problems and we are doing everything we can to make it right.

So we kindly ask if you can please wait a little longer for your questions to be answered because we are getting through them currently.

If you have not already, please check out our Support Center at spigen.desk.com. For frequently asked questions.

FOR SHIPPING INQUIRIES:

If you are wondering about your shipping status, currently Spigen.com has a 7-10 business day extended handling time on any iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ items. Normal orders have a 3-5 business day handling time. Our warehouse team is working around the clock at full capacity to try and get out our orders as quickly as possible. We assure you will be getting them and we appreciate your generous amount of patience.

FOR CANCELLATION INQUIRIES:

Please be assured that we are currently sorting through all the cancellation requests. We are trying to process as many refunds as possible. If you have sent us an email, we will be getting back to them. In the case that your order ships out before we can cancel the shipment, you can always return it back to us by:

1) Marking the UNOPENED mail package as "Return to Sender" and the post office will send it back to us. We will issue a full refund on all orders that had previously submitted a cancellation request.

2) If you do open the package, you may need to pay for the return shipping back, but we will honor the full refund instead of the standard-return product refund.

FOR EMAIL RESPONSES:

We are sincerely and so sorry that we are not able to get back to you as soon as we would like to. Please know that we did receive your email and our agents will be getting to them as soon as they are able to. We really want to get back to all of our customers as soon as possible since we do want to help as much as we can. We thank you so much for your great patience with us!

Thank you again for bearing with us at this time and please know that you are a valuable customer to us here at Spigen!

With Warm Regards and Gratitude,

Spigen Customer Care

Yup me too

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Update on my orders.
I placed 2 orders on Amazon.ca through "Spigen Canada".
My account was charged for both orders.
Received a fake USPS tracking number for first order.
So in fact not Spiegen Canada but Spigen US
I tried to cancel through Amazon and escalated to Amazon and filed something called Amazon A-z guarantee because Spigen did not return emails.
Got notice that first order can't be cancelled because shipped but can mark return to sender or pay for postage and tracking number.
About hour ago I see that Amazon returned the funds for the second order to my account.
Then about 30 minutes ago I got email from Spigen saying second order cancelled.
Hmm....so Spigen does respond....but only when you take money away from them.
If the first order ever arrives I guess I will keep it. Not worth the cost of return postage from Canada to US with a tracking number, and i won't mark return to sender and put back in mail-box because unlikely Spiegen will acknowledge the return receipt. Already been scammed and don't want to be scammed twice.
Really, these guys are crooks.

Should have read this:
http://m.yelp.ca/biz/spigen-inc-irvine

Last edited:

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
UPDATE:
Received this email last night. It was a reply from my email I sent out from last week.

SEP 23, 2014 | 06:55PM PDT
Kenny replied:
Hello.

Thank you for contacting Spigen.

After reviewing your order details, it appears that your package is currently processing.

Since the release of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, we have been receiving large amounts of orders and so it does take time to make sure that we are shipping out the correct items to everyone.

Our packages should take around 7 to 10 business days to deliver.

If you do not receive your package within this time frame, please contact us so that we can further assist you.

Thank you again and we hope you have a wonderful day.

Best Regards,
Kenny

Twitter: @SpigenSupport
Facebook: http://www.faceboook.com/spigenworld

menist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
I order Spigen's screen protector for the iPhone 6 4.7 and they were not correctly made. It did not cover the entire LCD screen. I have yet to get a reply from them. Btw, I bought it from their official ebay page.

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
received my case today from amazon, none of the buttons at all reach (volume, power...etc):confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.