Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maetzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
I ordered via Amazon as well (although via Amazon Germany/Austria) this morning and it's already shipped and on it's way to Vienna, supposed to arrive on monday.

I guess they just didn't expect SUCH a huge demand for their cases?

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
I ordered my 6 and 6+ glass screen protectors via Amazon a few days ago, but it specifically said that they would be shipping out at the end of the month. Did no one see this? I'm not sure if it says that for cases thoug.

ChubZ

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
I got the exact same email. And I got a tracking number a few days ago too that has had zero movement or activity.

I think we will be ok if purchased through Amazon, but I'm going to try to refuse delivery. I sure as heck won't be spending any money on return shipping!

Same here *****

Patrick3D

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Round Lake, IL
Ordered from Amazon with Prime, Spigen Kickstand case arrived today (2-day free shipping) without any problems. I saw that some Spigen cases on Amazon were not available with Prime but they all listed estimated shipping times. It's always a gamble with estimated shipping. I've had to cancel orders from Amazon that went months without ever shipping since the vendor was never able to re-stock the item.

jaikobx

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Same here *****

Same here. I just filed a dispute with my credit card company. No communication, nothing. Charged for order a long time ago with no update in status other than a lousy tracking number that hasn't even been attached to a box (probably) yet.

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I ordered my 6 and 6+ glass screen protectors via Amazon a few days ago, but it specifically said that they would be shipping out at the end of the month. Did no one see this? I'm not sure if it says that for cases thoug.

No Spigen originally had listed there cases as "Availability: In Stock"
That's why a lot of us are pissed that they weren't clear enough. Finally yesterday they updated there website with all iPhone 6 cases "Availability: Not in Stock 7-10 business days"

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
No Spigen originally had listed there cases as "Availability: In Stock"
That's why a lot of us are pissed that they weren't clear enough. Finally yesterday they updated there website with all iPhone 6 cases "Availability: Not in Stock 7-10 business days"

Yes, said In Stock when I ordered.
And then sent me fake USPS tracking number so made it harder to get refund from Amazon. Spent time on phone with Amazon escalating a refund.
Very scummy business practice.
I do like their cases.

jkskrap

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beautiful SW Florida
Ordered the neo hybrid case for 6+ on 9-11 directly from their website. It said in-stock and will ship in 2 business days. No email, no tracking, nothing. I emailed customer service 3 days ago and no response. I found a phone number for them, but they don't answer.

Paid with PayPal so I guess I will just dispute it and go buy one locally. Too bad, if they just responded in some way to let me know what's going on I would wait.

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
Spigen is the worst. I had Amazon email them to cancel my order after not shipping it in over 1+ weeks. They responded and said "Ok Cancelled," but didn't actually cancel it.

Now I have to file some stupid Amazon A-to-Z claim. Crazy...

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Spigen is the worst. I had Amazon email them to cancel my order after not shipping it in over 1+ weeks. They responded and said "Ok Cancelled," but didn't actually cancel it.

Now I have to file some stupid Amazon A-to-Z claim. Crazy...

Yeah they haven't been great with customer service. But they make some great cases so I guess all is typically forgotten.

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I love Spigen and their cases. I'm a regular customer of theirs but it being over a week since I ordered my case for my 6+ and still not receiving it is ridiculous. Amazon site said it was in stock. The next day I checked in the afternoon it still said "in stock". If they really had no stock at the time, they had plenty of time to change that but they didn't.

Bauer-uTc

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
I ordered two case from UK eBay Spigen and both have arrived for the 6+. The clear capsule and a Neo Hybrid in Revention Yellow. Not had a chance to try either on the phone yet as I am away till tomorrow. Heard of issues where the buttons are not working very well on the Hybrid cases and they have a hot fix which they are sending out to customers. Will be emailing them if I have issues. Give them time to sort things out. After all they did have cases out before the phone was released so there is bound to be a few issues. At least they are trying to rectify the issues.

0d0f265c10237b22dc3fbe4b78f08136.jpg

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Do your Spigen screen protectors fit the screen? Their reviews are getting hammered on Amazon and everyone says its cut too narrow for the iPhones? Mine are FINALLY arriving next Wednesday but now it seems they're going to be useless….

Bauer-uTc

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
Spigengate

Do your Spigen screen protectors fit the screen? Their reviews are getting hammered on Amazon and everyone says its cut too narrow for the iPhones? Mine are FINALLY arriving next Wednesday but now it seems they're going to be useless….

Won't know till tomorrow as we went away for a couple of days as I was not expecting the iPhone to be delivered until Monday as has been the case with the last couple of Apple product launches for me as I live in the Highlands of Scotland. What happens? It arrived yesterday after we had left. Will get one fitted when I get home tomorrow. Going by other pictures they do seem to be pretty narrow though. They didn't cost a fortune so they will do me till some second gen protectors are made which will hopefully be a bit more precise.

EvilEvil

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
New York City
I haven't bought any cases from them but they have a lot of fake reviews for their products on Amazon. Big red flag for me. I'm not taking my chances.

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
Just an FYI --

If you are having issues with Spigen shipping through Amazon and you have tried contacting Spigen, just contact Amazon directly. I was directly to put in a cancellation request and place an order for another case shipped directly from Amazon and they would do free 1 day shipping + honor the price of the original case.

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Just an FYI --

If you are having issues with Spigen shipping through Amazon and you have tried contacting Spigen, just contact Amazon directly. I was directly to put in a cancellation request and place an order for another case shipped directly from Amazon and they would do free 1 day shipping + honor the price of the original case.

Not every case Spigen case is from Amazon such as this one

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
Not every case Spigen case is from Amazon such as this one

I know. I had ordered one that was shipped from Spigen on Sept. 12th with a ship timeframe between the 12th and 14th. When it got to the 16th with no update and no response from Spigen I messaged Amazon requesting to cancel the current order and linked a case that would ship from Amazon which they were happy to do.

jkskrap

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beautiful SW Florida
I had ordered directly from Spigen and never heard a word - not even a confirmation email. I paid with PayPal and disputed it. Within 24 hours I had my refund and a note from Spigen:
"Note:
We are very sorry for the delay. We had a huge surge in orders and messages and are trying to respond as quickly as possible. Here is the refund requested and so sorry again for the inconvenience and for the lack of communication."

No hard feelings. I like their cases and may be a customer again someday -- through Amazon, of course!

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
Just an FYI --

How did you initiate this? I emailed Amazon and they asked me to file an A-Z claim but the system won't let me because the delivery time frame has not past yet.

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
I posted this on another thread:

The good:
Great products, I love the SlimArmor on my 5S
Glad to see so many have had better experiences than me and have received their 6 and 6+ cases - enjoy.

The Bad: Horrible customer service and no ethics
Just do not deal with Spigen directly
Just got off the phone with Amazon Canada to get my money back.
I ordered an In Stock 6+ case from Amazon Canada, from "Spigen Canada".
I was sent a non-existant USPS tracking number.
Emails to Spigen for the past 5 days have been ignored.
Amazon is working to reverse the transaction.
So they tell you it is in stock just to take your money.
I have been conned by Spigen and I feel a bit stupid about that.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
I ordered from Amazon Canada and fulfilled by Spigen Canada. Order was placed on Sunday and received the case on Thursday. I did pay for 2 day shipping, but no hassle like you are having.

Reminisce32

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
I got a bogus tracking number too. Did anyone get these and actually receive anything or find an accurate delivery date?

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
I ordered from Amazon Canada and fulfilled by Spigen Canada. Order was placed on Sunday and received the case on Thursday. I did pay for 2 day shipping, but no hassle like you are having.

Glad to hear you got your case.
As I said I love the Spigen cases.
Just no reason for them to BS me and send fake tracking number.
I would certainly understand if they said will be weeks to ship..

----------

I got a bogus tracking number too. Did anyone get these and actually receive anything or find an accurate delivery date?

Sorry but not me.
Seems that other have had better luck - so hopefully I am an exception.
I have escalated with Amazon Canada to get my money refunded.
At first Amazon didn't want to take responsibility for third party seller - my mistake not understanding when I purchased.
Mostly I am angry at myself for being so naive as to trust Amazon and Spigen.
Now I know buying on Amazon is no better than eBay.
Lesson learned, and cheap if I never get my $100 back
Rant over

Reminisce32

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
Glad to hear you got your case.
As I said I love the Spigen cases.
Just no reason for them to BS me and send fake tracking number.
I would certainly understand if they said will be weeks to ship..

----------

Sorry but not me.
Seems that other have had better luck - so hopefully I am an exception.
I have escalated with Amazon Canada to get my money refunded.
At first Amazon didn't want to take responsibility for third party seller - my mistake not understanding when I purchased.
Mostly I am angry at myself for being so naive as to trust Amazon and Spigen.
Now I know buying on Amazon is no better than eBay.
Lesson learned, and cheap if I never get my $100 back
Rant over
I'm sure you will get your cases and not get robbed, but it it won't be a timely delivery.

cinealta

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
I had the same problem with ordering a Spigen case as the OP. This is what i figured out. There are 3 categories of ordering a Spigen case:

1) Spigen case fulfilled & shipped by Amazon (iPhone 6 only, not 6 Plus). These were already in stock at Amazon and ready to ship.

2) Spigen case listed on Amazon but shipped from Spigen. These incorrectly said "in stock" on the Amazon site but were correctly listed as "ships in 7-10 days" or ships after "Sep 30th" on the Spigen website. Spigen may not have updated the shipping date on the Amazon listings.

3) Spigen case listed on the Spigen website and shipped by Spigen. These correctly say "ships in 7-10 days" or ships after "Sep 30th" (depending on the case).

The only people who were fulfilled on time were #1 shipped by Amazon. People who ordered from Spigen, on Amazon (incorrectly says "in stock"), had to wait 7-10 days for shipping (correctly says on Spigen website) from Spigen.

I called Spigen and never got a return phone call. I emailed Spigen through Amazon but only got a form letter response (thank you for my inquiry, customer service will get back to you as soon as possible etc). I then got a shipping notice from Spigen the same day as the email response.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.