Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Good to see that he does have some class. Can't say that of many other supporters of Clinton, who have been acting in a very disappointing way. Threatening electors to vote against Trump, these useless recounts where Trump still won bigly and whatnot. So this is very refreshing of Tim to say.

It's not a matter of class. As CEO, he represents Apple and his responsibility to the company should outweigh any personal feelings / views he has.

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
I don't have much respect for Cook, but I wish he stood up for climate change today.

Hopefully there was a push behind the scenes.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Cook is a strong left democrat. We all know this. He hates the fact Trump won the election. At least Cook will meet with Trump and talk with him like a civilised adult. Unlike all the protestors who only whinge like little children.
[doublepost=1482192996][/doublepost]
He's actually correct. Pence does support things like conversion therapy even though it's total quackery.
Why lie? Pence only wants the best for Indiana and the USA. It's the anti Pence rabble that made up **** like this.

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Good to see that he does have some class. Can't say that of many other supporters of Clinton, who have been acting in a very disappointing way. Threatening electors to vote against Trump, these useless recounts where Trump still won bigly and whatnot. So this is very refreshing of Tim to say.
Many republicans thought Obama wasn't American and incited such beliefs for years. So... yeah. If you want to play that game.

Reactions: unobtainium

_mdavenport

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2015
California, USA
Tim Cook, the guy who is a liberal to protect his gay rights and a conservative to protect Apples hidden cash abroad. Tim wants his cake and eat it too.

There are a lot of people who are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. They are traditionally known as libertarians (though I don't think Tim Cook is part of the libertarian party, and neither am I). It's not an inherently hypocritical way of approaching politics. I certainly wouldn't say it's "having your cake and eating it too."

usarioclave

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Yeah, it's Mike Pence and most of the new (evangelical Christian) administration who care if you're gay, then you might get electrocuted straight. At the very least you'll be subject to removal of anti-discrimination legislation, or subject to new discriminatory legislation.

People in Indiana don't get out much. Once Pence sees how nice and open minded most gay people are he'll change his stripes.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Tim Cook, the guy who is a liberal to protect his gay rights and a conservative to protect Apples hidden cash abroad. Tim wants his cake and eat it too.
I hate labels like "liberal" and "conservative". There are some "liberal" policies I agree with and some "conservative" policies I agree with, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything on a particular side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry-K

macrumors 68000
Jun 28, 2011
Of course, they won't see the issue of their candidate despite he did the following:
1. Avoided draft multiple times.
2. Avoided taxes.
3. Shipped jobs overseas.

The list goes on...
Yeah, but he was being "Authentic" so that doesn't count.

Reactions: unobtainium

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011

Trump won "bigly" among a minority of the population. Recounts are perfectly appropriate.

Reactions: thelonelylimo

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral

Who the hell doesn't want to eat their cake?

Seriously though, the idea that socially liberal and economically conservative are mutually exclusive values has to die.

Last edited:

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Cook is a strong left democrat. We all know this. He hates the fact Trump won the election. At least Cook will meat with Trump and talk with him like a civilised adult.

I doubt Cook would "meat" Trump, actually.

[doublepost=1482192996][/doublepost]
Why lie? Pence only wants the best for Indiana and the USA. It's the anti Pence rabble that made up **** like this.
He's not lying. Pence supports conversion therapy, which doesn't work and is essentially child abuse.

Larry-K

macrumors 68000
Jun 28, 2011
Authentic?
Says one thing and does the other...just like any politician.
He said the electoral college was a bad idea and then said it is a great idea the next time...
Hey, I call him something entirely different, but that's what his supporters call him.

morcutt11

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2015
USA
Tim Cook is 100% correct. Business is business. He and Trump undoubtedly differ in their personal beliefs, but Trump is a business man and, frankly, Trump could help business with building up a domestic work force and bring cash back into the the United States. Tim Cook and Trump share a lot of business goals, regardless of any differences in personal values.

Reactions: oddnendz

itguy06

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah, it's Mike Pence and most of the new (evangelical Christian) administration who care if you're gay, then you might get electrocuted straight. At the very least you'll be subject to removal of anti-discrimination legislation, or subject to new discriminatory legislation.

Cute story bro. Except Trump (the guy in charge) has publicly said he doesn't care if you are gay or strait as long as you do good job. http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...lgbt-community-donald-trump-is-not-your-enemy

Reactions: augustrushrox

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Trump is a business man and,
*failed businessman with multiple bankruptcies and lawsuits for non-payment under his belt.

The American people are now Trump's "shareholders" and we are all screwed, just like the contractors and shareholders he has worked with in the past. Trump is in it for Trump.

Reactions: B4U

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral

When I saw the RNC (at Trump's acceptance speech) stand and cheer for his promise to protect the LGBT community, I knew something was shifting on the Right, and for the better. This moment was cemented when Trump went off script and said that it was special for him to hear THIS crowd cheering for what he just said. That moment got about zero play with the liberal media because it doesn't support their gloom and doom narrative, which it sounds like you swallow wholesale.

I'm not saying there won't be setbacks and yes, Pence has some old-fashioned views on homosexuality for sure, but nobody is going to force electroshock therapy on gays and the new commander in chief is fairly tolerant on this issue. Is that so hard to accept?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.