Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theanimala

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2007
How are you guys activating your iPhone 7, turning it on with the newly supplied SIM or just replacing with your existing iPhone SIM?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
How are you guys activating your iPhone 7, turning it on with the newly supplied SIM or just replacing with your existing iPhone SIM?

Swap the SIM. Easy as pie. I save the new SIM though just in case if mine ever goes bad I can just have them activate that one

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
The box to return the phone says to contact the carrier to disconnect service. What does that mean? I'm trading in my iphone 6 from AT&T but won't be canceling service till my other line is out of contract on 10/22. Does AT&T care whether I trade-in my phone as long as it is out of contract?

RansZ28

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Gilbert AZ
The box to return the phone says to contact the carrier to disconnect service. What does that mean? I'm trading in my iphone 6 from AT&T but won't be canceling service till my other line is out of contract on 10/22. Does AT&T care whether I trade-in my phone as long as it is out of contract?
That is just a standard service comment. ATT only cares that they are paid and phone balance is zero. When you do a port, ATT would be auto-notified.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Anywhere to see the promotion applied on your account? I traded it in-store and got a receipt just want to see online on my account if possible.

bcemail

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009
Thinking ahead to next year, and the 8 (I know, live in the moment, etc.), but I think the fine print says that the iPhone 7 you get through this promo has to remain on your service for 2 years in order to get all 24 payments. Do you think there will be some way to trade the 7 in next year, or will that mean you miss out on all the remaining payments? Have there been similar deals in the past, and what was the outcome?

Markgnyc2

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2013
Question....just upgraded my son's iPhone 5 yesterday because Verizon is generously giving us $400 in trade in credit with purchase of an iPhone 7. Here is my question....the "order" for the trade in box lists my wife's phone number (which is the main line on the account), rather than my son's line. Is this common, or is this going to be an issue?

bcemail

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009
Thinking ahead to next year, and the 8 (I know, live in the moment, etc.), but I think the fine print says that the iPhone 7 you get through this promo has to remain on your service for 2 years in order to get all 24 payments. Do you think there will be some way to trade the 7 in next year, or will that mean you miss out on all the remaining payments? Have there been similar deals in the past, and what was the outcome?
Replying to myself...
It says the LINE has to be active, not that phone. Who knows what will happen next year if they'll let me upgrade to iPhone 8, or Anniversary, or Centenario, or whatever they call it.

I figure my 6 is only going down in value. I think I'll go for the 7 for free to earn more equity down the line.
[doublepost=1475187212][/doublepost]
Replying to myself...
It says the LINE has to be active, not that phone. Who knows what will happen next year if they'll let me upgrade to iPhone 8, or Anniversary, or Centenario, or whatever they call it.

I figure my 6 is only going down in value. I think I'll go for the 7 for free to earn more equity down the line.

Replying to myself again! Sad, really...
On another page it did say the 7 had to be active for 2 years. Again, I'll probably have it for 2 years anyway. I know I'll be with Verizon for 2 years so no worry. They were willing to up the trade in value of my 6 from $220 to $650, so I couldn't say no, even if I wasn't all that excited about the 7, loss of the 3.5, etc. My battery has been wonky so I'm happy to upgrade. My silver 128 7 will be delivered on Monday!

Also chatted to get the $20 upgrade fee waived. "Jessica" told me that since I was doing DPP it would be refunded on my 2nd bill. Emailed the chat session just for proof later, but I'm usually able to get those fees refunded anyway.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
The trade in website is not giving me the correct amount for my trade in. Not applying the promo extra $. Anyone know a work around or what I am doing wrong? Was working the other day.

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
The trade in website is not giving me the correct amount for my trade in. Not applying the promo extra $. Anyone know a work around or what I am doing wrong? Was working the other day.

I noticed you need to do it after you add the iPhone 7 to your cart.

bcemail

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009

How far along the process did you go? At one point it told me the regular amount($220) and I was worried but then in changed on one of the next screens

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
How far along the process did you go? At one point it told me the regular amount($220) and I was worried but then in changed on one of the next screens
I got to the trade in options part. Don't want to click next if it is going to complete it you know? Do you remember which page it was or could you test on your end?

Stankonia

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2009
Denver, CO
Anyone hear back from Verizon on their trade in yet?

Nothing here yet; Verizon received the 6 I traded from USPS this past Monday but no updates on the trade status site to show that it's been received.

This is my first time trading in though, so maybe it's not updated until its appraised (which I can see taking some time since I'm guessing a ******** of people took advantage of the offer)

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Nothing here yet; Verizon received the 6 I traded from USPS this past Monday but no updates on the trade status site to show that it's been received.

This is my first time trading in though, so maybe it's not updated until its appraised (which I can see taking some time since I'm guessing a ******** of people took advantage of the offer)
Same here on first time trading. I usually sell on eBay but this deal was too good to pass up

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014

Mine got delivered on 9/22 and it still hasn't updated. VZW said they normally get to it in a week or two with the volume of traffic they've been getting.

bcemail

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009
I got to the trade in options part. Don't want to click next if it is going to complete it you know? Do you remember which page it was or could you test on your end?
Did you get it to work? Make sure you add the 7 to your cart first, as mentioned above. As long as you don't push the complete order button before seeing the $650, you can keep going ahead in the process.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Did you get it to work? Make sure you add the 7 to your cart first, as mentioned above. As long as you don't push the complete order button before seeing the $650, you can keep going ahead in the process.
I already have the 7 in hand though. I pre-ordered. The place I am stuck is what I do when I get to "
Trade In for Account Credit" and then accepting terms and conditions because it's not quoted me the $650 by then.

lolitsDanny

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
I already have the 7 in hand though. I pre-ordered. The place I am stuck is what I do when I get to "
Trade In for Account Credit" and then accepting terms and conditions because it's not quoted me the $650 by then.

What I did was go through the process of just before you add the phone to the cart and where it says new iPhone for $0 I clicked on trade in old advice. It gave me the $400 trade in promo for my SE.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
What I did was go through the process of just before you add the phone to the cart and where it says new iPhone for $0 I clicked on trade in old advice. It gave me the $400 trade in promo for my SE.
So you went to the shop tab first? Can you walk me through it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.