Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robo74

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2004
Rockford, IL
[EDIT]
I just found the Cnet video you tried to link to. They're testing in one of the absolute WORST cities to test in for at&t. at&t in SF and NYC are beyond oversaturated. Go anywhere else and at&t's data speed is much, much faster.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh.... LOL..sorry, I cant stop laughing, so what are you trying to say? Only test in the places where AT&T performs better? Less people? Your a joke!

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
At this point you wouldn't admit how bad your service is anyway:rolleyes:

Congrats on waiting 4 years and counting to make a call :). How much is AT&T paying you again? Oh that's right NOTHING. Why are you such a shill then? Or is that your sole purpose in life.

Is everyone missing the point that the pre-order is only indicative of how many people who already have Verizon had non-iphones only cause they couldn't get an iPhone on their chosen carrier. That they sold out now only says there were a decent amount of people who wanted an iPhone but had Android/W7/Blackberry because they couldn't get an iPhone on Verizon. This is more telling of iPhone's appeal over anything *shrug*. As some one who likes AT&T, I still think it's cool they sold out cause I like the iPhone :).

I'm curious to see if we see a reduction in the amount of Android fans on this forum now that Verizon has an iPhone ;).

Can't we all just get along?

Are we now going to have AT&T iPhone users vs. Verizon iPhone users?

Aren't there enough rabid Android fanboys to have us bond over our shared smoother UI/UX/Apps/etc.?

Bah, it's the internet. People will always find something to bicker about. And they have had AT&T vs. Verizon flamewars since I've been on this forum (about 3/4 of a year). Before it was official that Verizon was getting one. And both sides are guilty of being "fanbois" so to speak. But as some one who has had no issue with AT&T, already those of us who want to stay are seeing a benefit, AT&T is finally getting reasonable with their tethering offer (at least now they are giving you extra GB for that extra tethering fee). So AT&T people should be happy about this!!!!

But yeah, it's the internet. I used to be on a cat newsgroup. There were three things assured to start flamewars, food to feed your cat, indoor vs. outdoor, and declawed. On one motorcycle forum I am on talk about what tires to buy is banned cause it starts flamewars. Name a forum, especially if it is dedicated to something in general (cats/motorcycles/apple computers/etc), there will always be "hot topics" and some of them will be really silly from the perspective of some one who doesn't really care about the forum's topic.

People tend to be very passionate about their opinions on the net (can't say I can say I'm innocent of this myself ;) ).

BrandonJay21

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2003
Orlando, FL
Wow... The b*tchiness of the forum today could easily rival any episode of RuPaul's Drag Race... Calm down peeps. It really doesn't matter who is better... so long as ATT gets scared enough to offer me unlimited data. :D

BigTuna820

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
Washington, D.C.
Sucks

Yeah, I woke up and logged on at 2:58 with the same message over and over and over again... "Sorry, an error has occured, try again." This kept happening at home AND work (mac AND win) (Safari/Firefox AND IE) but still no luck. I call tech support this afternoon around 430 and he spent 40 minutes on the phone with me figuring out what was wrong.

He finds that the "Court" in my address is in the system as "Ct". Even though this is a common abbreviation in.. you know... THE ENTIRE WORLD, it was unacceptable by Verizon terms. So he fixes it and we chat for a while waiting for it to kick in... never does... he puts me on hold and finds out that my "Area" is down due to network difficulties, the "court" thing wasn't the only problem apparently.

He assured me there were plenty of pre-orders left and that when the problem was fixed I'd get a call from either him or the people fixing it so that I could log right on and get my phone ordered.

No call.
Pre-orders over.
Try again the 9th.
If I care then.

csouv

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2009
I wonder....?

Wondering what the average age of the users on this forum is? Between the posts stating "my parents are going to be upset because I got the Iphone and my data plan will be more expensive... etc" to the other posts claiming my V iPhone is better than your T iPhone or my carrier's speed on the 4th sublevel of an underground garage is faster on your carrier's speed is quite ridiculous. Play nice folks. It's not that serious. :D

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Wondering what the average age of the users on this forum is? Between the posts stating "my parents are going to be upset because I got the Iphone and my data plan will be more expensive... etc" to the other posts claiming my V iPhone is better than your T iPhone or my carrier's speed on the 4th sublevel of an underground garage is faster on your carrier's speed is quite ridiculous. Play nice folks. It's not that serious. :D

It ranges. iPhone forum is mostly young adults ranging up to adults. iPod Touch is usually the teenagers and iPad is usually the adults. I own all of them (will own iPhone soon so am counting it) and I'm just over 30...

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
I just found the Cnet video you tried to link to. They're testing in one of the absolute WORST cities to test in for at&t. at&t in SF and NYC are beyond oversaturated. Go anywhere else and at&t's data speed is much, much faster.

I Live in Indiana and Verizon is FASTER than AT&T here too.

ripper998

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I dont think its att fanboism as much as it for us that like AT&T are sick of people bashing our network. So they suck in your area, no one forced you to buy a phone on the weaker network in your area, it was your stupid fault.

I for one like that the iphone is avaliable on both, it forces both carriers to do what the other one does. Competition is good. You verizon elitist and att elitist both need to ****. Do we really need to decide who is bigger and better? shesh!

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
I'm glad to see the demand. Honestly, I have minimal issues with AT&T and I'm guessing service will get better when some users leave.

ripper998

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I Live in Indiana and Verizon is FASTER than AT&T here too.

if your comparing AT&T Edge to Verizon 3g, then duh, yeah it would be. But its proven that 3G to 3G where both networks are not over saturated that AT&T consistently scores higher on speed. Over 50%.

If you want to show "tests" then make it a fair test, dont handicap on phone to get the result you want.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
Figures never lie, but liars sure figure. Watch that CNET video. CDMA was faster. Its faster where I live too.

Dude... CDMA is the voice technology... not the 3G internet. Sorry to say, most reports I've seen say AT&T is faster. A CNET video does not mean that's true everywhere. But in general, it's known that AT&T has a faster 3G than Verizon. But, Verizon has a more reliable CMDA network. So it's tit for tat.

Look at it this way... for people who have been holding out for Verizon... your day is here. Enjoy. In the long run, we're all going to win as the competition will help drive down some prices on both sides for sure.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
I dont think its att fanboism as much as it for us that like AT&T are sick of people bashing our network. So they suck in your area, no one forced you to buy a phone on the weaker network in your area, it was your stupid fault.

I for one like that the iphone is avaliable on both, it forces both carriers to do what the other one does. Competition is good. You verizon elitist and att elitist both need to ****. Do we really need to decide who is bigger and better? shesh!

Good point... let's just all be happy iPhone owners and not fight over networks. if we want to bash networks, let's pick on T-Mobile for having such annoying ADs!

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
The more VZW sells the better, the more users that have the iPhone just means Apple will continue to attract developers. Win/Win for all iPhone users. I have no need to make the switch as AT&T where I live delivers fast 3g, reliable coverage where I work, and live. No real complaints and haven't had any issues with Cingular/AT&T for the past 7 or 8 years.

I hope the VZW launch goes smooth and no one has to deal with the crazy bs ATT users did deal with around launch time. It was a cluster, but then again standing in line with 200+ people was a sure bet the registering of so many accounts was going to strain the servers, no matter how much they were prepared AT&T simply wasn't ready. VZW should be able to gauge interest and learn from AT&T mistakes and have the proper tools in place to make it go smooth for all new comers.

greg99

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
Some of us are "cursed" with living in the SF Bay Area.

AT&T blows here. It's widely known.

Dropped iPhone calls are a standing joke in the tech community here. VZW is universally accepted as better (unless you happen to live in a handful of deadzones). People have held their noses buying AT&T iPhones for years.

I have both a VZW Tour and an AT&T iPhone. Data connection is wildly better on Tour, both consistency and speed. Phone call drop rate is incomparable.

Those of you who live in places where AT&T actually has consistent and high speed 3G service, good on you.

We get to live in the Bay Area.

We all have our crosses to bear.

Greg

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Why do people still argue about the coverage of AT&T/Verizon?
I've had full bars of AT&T since we've signed up in 2004 and never experienced a drop call.

Obviously, the experience is different elsewhere. What's so hard to understand about that?

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
Face the FACTS...

Verizon iphone was announced on 1-11-2011

Verizon website / server did not crash..

Verizon iphone sold out both at the Apple store and VZW online.

Ha !

you sure have a bug up your butt about something :rolleyes:

Maybe thinking about my quote

"Awwwww ... I really wanted an "End of Cycle" iPhone."

And realizing that perhaps now might not have been the best time to get an iPhone ????

Hey,...A new one will be out in a month or 2 and now your stuck in a TWO YEAR contract.

How about YOU face the Facts ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.