Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msmyrtle

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2023
Death's Door mostly atm, but I also got Doom Eternal for the Switch, so I'm kinda revisiting that one as well...

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void.
Have a few missions left, but they're tough. They're leave it or take it at this point, so I'll decide shortly

Shattered Pixel Dungeon on Android. May need to go through the help pages again, not to mention check out some YouTube videos. I'd rather not have to learn this on my own when dying means redoing the entire run, as opposed to a more traditional games with checkpoints.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I'll give a hint below:

ride5-Win64-Shipping Screenshot 2023.08.24 - 23.21.39.46.png

kaioshade

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...I have enough on my backlog, I will not buy Armored Core VI...

Yeah, I have a backlog *and* I friggin' hate Bethesda. I will not buy Starfield I will not buy Starfield I will not buy Starfield...

<buys Starfield>

kaioshade

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
Yeah, I have a backlog *and* I friggin' hate Bethesda. I will not buy Starfield I will not buy Starfield I will not buy Starfield...

<buys Starfield>

Yea, I caved. Bought Armored Core VI.

At least I have GamePass so, I don't have to drop any more for Starfield. And I am STILL going through Baldur's Gate III. Someone send help...

Reactions: mr_jomo

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Just finished Stray on Xbox - one of the most beautiful art styles I can recall. Reminiscent of the best background art of a top-shelf 1980s anime like Akira, a fun traversal mechanic, compelling unfolding story, and some of the most beautiful art direction and interior designs I can recall ever seeing in a game. Reminds me of my youth living in warehouse spaces. :)

Reactions: Flamingdeathbolts

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Just finished Stray on Xbox - one of the most beautiful art styles I can recall. Reminiscent of the best background art of a top-shelf 1980s anime like Akira, a fun traversal mechanic, compelling unfolding story, and some of the most beautiful art direction and interior designs I can recall ever seeing in a game. Reminds me of my youth living in warehouse spaces. :)
I loved Stray, especially because I own cats. But that ending...it broke me. It was so depressing and sad.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
The Crew Motorfest has my attention, coming out in 2 weeks. It looks like it could be a good Forza Horizon alternative for Playstation owners.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
My nephew got a Series S I was just wondering if is there a way to sell back digital games. For instance, can I create a new account and purchase the game and once I beat the game can I sell the entire account?

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
For Android games, I've been spending a good deal of time across the 3...
* = also for iOS
^ = also for Steam

Isle of Arrows *^ - TD game with random card/tile draws. Board game-like b/c you need to lay tiles onto a square grid. Roguelike b/c you unlock cards (tiles, events, Relics, etc.) in the campaign mode that'll become available for the rest of the game

Nameless Cat * - 2D, sidescrolling platformer, with some puzzling.

Crystal Journey * - 3D puzzle game where you try to reach the end of each level, and each level is 9x9 block units, but the height can be 1 level, to 9+ blocks high! For those that played Captain Taod Treasure Tracker or those respective levels in Super Mario 3D World, this is what it reminds me of

Reactions: Macalicious2011

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
For Android games, I've been spending a good deal of time across the 3...
* = also for iOS
^ = also for Steam

Isle of Arrows *^ - TD game with random card/tile draws. Board game-like b/c you need to lay tiles onto a square grid. Roguelike b/c you unlock cards (tiles, events, Relics, etc.) in the campaign mode that'll become available for the rest of the game

Nameless Cat * - 2D, sidescrolling platformer, with some puzzling.

Crystal Journey * - 3D puzzle game where you try to reach the end of each level, and each level is 9x9 block units, but the height can be 1 level, to 9+ blocks high! For those that played Captain Taod Treasure Tracker or those respective levels in Super Mario 3D World, this is what it reminds me of
Are they pay to win games?

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Are they pay to win games?
No. Although since you brought it up, people have been asking on Reddit for suggestions for premium games on mobile. I saw a pattern and saved those relevant links, so may as well share those here.

If you're on iOS, go to the link below and take note, as it points out some specifics with that (big one is Slice & Dice is NOT for iOS!). It also states some things that ARE for iOS but NOT Android (like Monster Train), before clicking on the embedded link....

https://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comments/15wup29/_/jx6yo11
If you're on Android, just proceed to click on the link embedded in that Reddit comment for those.

elit3nemesis

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
Crew Motorfest

Been a huge Forza Horizon fan for years but now owning a PS5 no games comes close to it.

So far the game is great, only put in about 2 hours.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Crew Motorfest

Been a huge Forza Horizon fan for years but now owning a PS5 no games comes close to it.

Free trial this weekend. Hopefully I‘ll get the chance to check it out!

Can you compare it to Burnout Paradise, which also had an open world structure?

elit3nemesis

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
Free trial this weekend. Hopefully I‘ll get the chance to check it out!

Can you compare it to Burnout Paradise, which also had an open world structure?
Unfortunately I have never played Burnout Paradise. My only complaint about Crew Motorfest is going at extremely high rates of speed when you lose control good luck on correcting yourself. Besides that it's a great game, especially if you're looking for a racing game.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Crew Motorfest

Played The Crew 2 a lot, but Motorfest looks the same with better visuals. Not thinking about getting it for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.