Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Is anyone playing AC Mirage? Reading the reviews and watching gameplay makes me appreciate how epic Origins was. Hey put a sickening amount of effort into reflecting ancient Egypt and detailing every village uniquely.

I completed the game last year but had only explored a third of the map.

Tempted to dive back into the game.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I am just about at the ending (it appears) and really have enjoyed it so far. It encourages stealth much more than some of the other AC games. The whole game takes place in and around Baghdad, so the stage is much much smaller than something like Valhalla was.
Is it too small or satisfactory?

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Now that summer is over, I have resumed playing Hogwarts Legacy. It’ genuinely a proper game. Not a cash grab e.g reskinned version of an existing motion picture game.

For someone who hasn’t read the books, I‘m enjoying the game more than I did the final 4 movies. The NPC dialogues are well written, varied and witty. If you have never played an open world RPG game, it’s a great title to play. However there is sufficient depth for experienced players but without the anxiety of having to irreversibly choose between skill trees like stealth, short range, long range, shotgun etc.

My goal is to finish it in 3-4 weeks and then sell it.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
F9N-bDHbAAAL28u.jpeg

The size difference

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
So in my tradition of being waaaaay behind in my backlog, I've finally played through and finished the story mode on Mortal Kombat 9...on the Vita (yep, I still have and use my launch machine). The story was as dumb fun as I was hoping for. Going to move on to Mortal Kombat X's story next. Pretty sure I bought MK XL when it went on super sale at some point on Xbox, so I guess I'll play it there. I will probably mess around with going through some of the Arcade ladders in MK9 still, as I hope there are some so-bad-they're-good endings.

Reactions: mr_jomo

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I haven’t turned my PS5 on since May, I need to get a game to give me the urge again. I was going to buy Gran Turismo 7 but I’ve never paid more than £50 for a game and fir some reason that game is extortionate.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
This weekend I played Jusant which is available on both PS5 and Xbox. It’s an Unreal Engine 5 game. My feelings about it is mixed:

Good:
Lighting, reflections and ray tracing are sensationally stunning on my LG C1. The best of any game that I have played - particularly when you enter caves and indoor spaces. Proper next gen performance.:eek:

Bad:
It feels like lighting and ray tracing have been dialed up to the max at the expensive of everything else. Texture detail is elementary, 95% of objects are statics and have no physics, it’s a sandbox-ish game with limited interactions. IMO it feels and looks like a unity game for iOS but on steroids. If you have played a couple of unity games you easily recognise their “plastic“ look and polygon-esque assets.:confused:

It’s a shame that with the exception of miles morales 2 on PS5, there are few true next gen games. Some either look great but are too linear, lack performance mode, aren’t open world enough or has lacklustre ray tracing performance.

This doesn’t change the fact that Jusant is a chill atmospheric game. Playing it for “free” on gamepass is great however I wouldn’t buy it for £24. At 5 hours long it feels more like a £8-9 indie game.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
This weekend I played Jusant which is available on both PS5 and Xbox. It’s an Unreal Engine 5 game. My feelings about it is mixed:

Good:
Lighting, reflections and ray tracing are sensationally stunning on my LG C1. The best of any game that I have played - particularly when you enter caves and indoor spaces. Proper next gen performance.:eek:

Bad:
It feels like lighting and ray tracing have been dialed up to the max at the expensive of everything else. Texture detail is elementary, 95% of objects are statics and have no physics, it’s a sandbox-ish game with limited interactions. IMO it feels and looks like a unity game for iOS but on steroids. If you have played a couple of unity games you easily recognise their “plastic“ look and polygon-esque assets.:confused:

It’s a shame that with the exception of miles morales 2 on PS5, there are few true next gen games. Some either look great but are too linear, lack performance mode, aren’t open world enough or has lacklustre ray tracing performance.

This doesn’t change the fact that Jusant is a chill atmospheric game. Playing it for “free” on gamepass is great however I wouldn’t buy it for £24. At 5 hours long it feels more like a £8-9 indie game.
So Alan Wake 2 is too linear and not open world enough?

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
I have been playing COD MW on the PS4 and Resident Evil Village on my 11” M1 iPad Pro recently. Waiting for Christmas and my PS5.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I have been playing COD MW on the PS4 and Resident Evil Village on my 11” M1 iPad Pro recently. Waiting for Christmas and my PS5.
How is RE on the iPad? I look forward to more triple A titles on the Apple silicone iPad and 15 Pro. The iPhone has the potential to become a Nintendo Switch alternative.

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
How is RE on the iPad? I look forward to more triple A titles on the Apple silicone iPad and 15 Pro. The iPhone has the potential to become a Nintendo Switch alternative.

Amazingly runs REALLY well! Just connect a controller and you have a ton of graphics options, and away you go, it’s a very smooth experience. It’s enough for my mobile gaming so I’m selling my Switch Lite as its screen is too small, and my Steam Deck as I have hardly used it at all, isn’t gelling with me really. Really need a new Mac so could do with the funds fie that.
But if you have an M chip iPad give it a go, you can download and play Resi Evil for free for the first part.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Wohoo. The trailer will likely generate hundreds of different YouTube videos.

My expectations of the game are neutral. I think it will be a blast to play. Graphically I don’t think it will maximise the PS5 or XSX or bring anything new to the table. Rockstar games are likely to develop for the least common denominator and prioritise stability and consistency across campaign, multiplayer, ps5, xsx, xss and next gen switch, over eye candy.

All I hope for is a 60fps mode. I don’t care about ray tracing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.