Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Good bye Columbia. You have been entertaining and I'm sorry to see you go. But let's be honest its been Brazil's tournament to lose since it started. Good game for the neutral though.

BeamWalker

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
Although quite entertaining too much fighting and too little soccer for me. The referee really should think about if UFC would be a better fit for him. 52 Fouls - wtf?!

Other than that i'm looking forward to the semi Finals.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Although quite entertaining too much fighting and too little soccer for me. The referee really should think about if UFC would be a better fit for him. 52 Fouls - wtf?!

Other than that i'm looking forward to the semi Finals.

Lol. Tbh it was the sort of game I could have played in. I always went in a bit heavy as a player.
I was also the master of the late tackle. You know when the bloke comes out of the changing room after the match...

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
ref was awful and didn't have the balls to show red to Silva, JC and Fernandinho for Brazil and Zuniga for Colombia who karate kicked Neymar in the back !! Also Cuadrado punched Neymar in the throat haha no yellow :eek:

Ref let the game go way too early, way too far way too fast. Fernandiho hockey check James 2x with 0 card then Colombia decided to hit instead of play. Tho the 2nd goal came from a BS foul that didn't exist. Only thing that makes me happy is Colombia played their hearts out and no way in hell will the refs let Brazil get away with the same stuff they did today against Germany.

I want Costa Rica to troll win the WC

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
according to the first news Neymar might have a vertebra injury and is very likely out for rest the tournament

together with the thiago silva suspension a huge blow

as Mehmet Scholl said on ARD: the light, dribbling players(like Neymar,Özil, etc.) so far have been totally tackled out of the games with the referees being frugal with the yellow cards

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
according to the first news Neymar might have a vertebra injury and is very likely out for rest the tournament

together with the thiago silva suspension a huge blow

as Mehmet Scholl said on ARD: the light, dribbling players(like Neymar,Özil, etc.) so far have been totally tackled out of the games with the referees being frugal with the yellow cards

But none we have clinical Germany verses flamboyant Brazil!

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
ref was awful and didn't have the balls to show red to Silva, JC and Fernandinho for Brazil and Zuniga for Colombia who karate kicked Neymar in the back !! Also Cuadrado punched Neymar in the throat haha no yellow :eek:

Ref let the game go way too early, way too far way too fast. Fernandiho hockey check James 2x with 0 card then Colombia decided to hit instead of play. Tho the 2nd goal came from a BS foul that didn't exist. Only thing that makes me happy is Colombia played their hearts out and no way in hell will the refs let Brazil get away with the same stuff they did today against Germany.

I want Costa Rica to troll win the WC

Looking at the Zuniga Foul on Neymar which was not even called by the Ref it would seem there is an opportunity for FIFA to have a look at it and make a ruling. It falls in to a very similar area to Suarez which was not spotted by the Ref.

My opinion that Zuniga foul was ten times worst and should be punished accordingly with something like a six month ban. He has taken a player out of the competition, potentially could have ended his career or caused him permanent injury.

Why the foul was not called is unbelievable he came in from the back and knew exactly what he was doinng.

By the way that James Foul that was responsible for the second goal was no BS foul. When you slide in with your studs up you have to expect the foul to be awarded.

Update: Fifa has now announced that they will be reviewing the incident.

Last edited:

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Hup Holland!!!

Brw4Ev2IMAAiPyp.jpg

HUP HOLLAND!!! :D

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Well, that game was something. I loved how Costa Rica started attacking with 5-10 mins left in extra time.

Bold move on the GK sub for the PKs. I've never seen a keeper do that. His arrogance reminded me of a young Patrick Roy.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Late post to here, but I can't get over how disgusting that Columbia vs Brazil game was. That was one of the roughest matches I've seen in a long time.

Both teams played dirty. Brazil fouled James every chance they got, but were never carded. The ref lost control of the game. And then Neymar got hurt. In my opinion, the refs should be investigated, not the Columbia defender. Anyone else agree with me? The referee job of that game by the Spaniard was an insult to any soccer fan.

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
Late post to here, but I can't get over how disgusting that Columbia vs Brazil game was. That was one of the roughest matches I've seen in a long time.

Both teams played dirty. Brazil fouled James every chance they got, but were never carded. The ref lost control of the game. And then Neymar got hurt. In my opinion, the refs should be investigated, not the Columbia defender. Anyone else agree with me? The referee job of that game by the Spaniard was an insult to any soccer fan.

Well he surely won't take any further part in the cup anymore. I thought that new standards were to be set and punishments be spoken out more clearly for tactical fouls, elbow checks, jersey pulling, but that hardly ever happened. Wonder what will happen in the future. That goal cameras tech and the foam was an improvment though, I would like to see that in national leagues.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Well he surely won't take any further part in the cup anymore. I thought that new standards were to be set and punishments be spoken out more clearly for tactical fouls, elbow checks, jersey pulling, but that hardly ever happened. Wonder what will happen in the future. That goal cameras tech and the foam was an improvment though, I would like to see that in national leagues.

Unfortunately he's out. I hope that in the future of this world cup, the referee's keep control of their games better and stop reffing like Brazil bribed them. That Bra-Col game was way more violent than it had to be because of the referees. It's their fault in my opinion that Neymar was hurt. They lost control of the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.