Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsolares

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
Land of eternal Spring
Wow. I'm in shock. Have to feel sorry for Brazil, but they were nothing without Silva and Neymar - I'd wager even England could've beaten them tonight!

Nah, England could've gotten a draw at best ;)

1) Do you think that Silva and Neymar made the difference between a 7:1 loss, and a Brazilian win ? If yes, you completely overestimate the two.

2) Brazil playing in their home country has had to be the toughest opponent in this Worldcup.
They have been undefeated 65 games at home.

Germany absolutely can win the Worldcup after this performance.

WILL they do it ? Who knows.

-t

Brazil had been scraping by with razor thin margins, the Germans took every advantage they gave them and everything that could go right for them did.

Algeria had them on the ropes, just that Brazil without neymar had no one that could trouble them like that at the back.

What happened to Germany after their 4-0 thrashing of Portugal? 2-2 draw with Ghana.

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
What happened to Germany after their 4-0 thrashing of Portugal? 2-2 draw with Ghana.

That was still in the group stage, seems Germany has quite a bit of trouble when playing against African teams and maybe they were still adjusting to the conditions. I'm sure both teams, whoever else will proceed to the final, will do everything they can to decide it within 90 minutes. I'd rather see Argentina go through,it could be 1990 all over again.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
That was still in the group stage, seems Germany has quite a bit of trouble when playing against African teams and maybe they were still adjusting to the conditions. I'm sure both teams, whoever else will proceed to the final, will do everything they can to decide it within 90 minutes. I'd rather see Argentina go through,it could be 1990 all over again.

Ohh please let it be 1990 !

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
First off.

congratulations_028.gif

Last night history was made .

That match will be a talking point for years to come. Brazil humiliated in front of their own supporters.
I also give credit to the referee, for keeping the game flowing, and tempers in check.

But of course most credit goes to the German team, who played football like it was meant to be played.

The only down side that terrible kit, I expect German sides to wear white.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
World Cup 2014 Brazil

I should be happy that my team won but 7:1?? I really feel bad for the Brazilians. Very, very humiliating.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
First off.

Last night history was made .

That match will be a talking point for years to come. Brazil humiliated in front of their own supporters.

I also give credit to the referee, for keeping the game flowing, and tempers in check.

But of course most credit goes to the German team, who played football like it was meant to be played.

The only down side that terrible kit, I expect German sides to wear white.

I liked the German kits. I really don't like when players have to wear kits in colors that don't represent their country's flag.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
So, who do you like in today's match Netherlands or Argentina? I think the Dutch will win but it goes to penalty kicks.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
So, who do you like in today's match Netherlands or Argentina? I think the Dutch will win but it goes to penalty kicks.

This is a tough one! The FIFA, match fixing part of me says they want Messi to lift the world cup on South American soil. With Argentina missing DiMaria today, I think it's going to be difficult to pull through - they haven't looked that great in the past 3 games besides Leo the Lion showcasing what he can do. Tough call...51/49 for the Dutch.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Wow, goes to PKs just like I thought it would. Just got the winner wrong.

I will be pulling for Germany in the final.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Poor Holland, shouldn't have let it go to penalties though. I think this clears the way for Germany :D I'd be very surprised Argentina gets past the Germans

Aside, Microsoft has correctly predicted all the games in the knockout stage thus far :O

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Both teams played reserved I thought, but it was still a great match. I don't know if Van Gaals substitution of Van Persie was the best decision, however.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Well both feet back on the ground.

Last night if I had been a netural I would have turned off the boring match. Both sides looked like they were not really having a good day, no ideas, and no passion. Neither team really deservered the win, and the penalties were just painful to watch.

One very ordinary team that got to dream a big dream, but when something more was needed nothing.

The only plus was I did like the Netherlands kit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.