Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
So who do you like for today's match, Brazil or Germany? For me, I think Germany has the edge due to the injury to Neymar.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
So who do you like for today's match, Brazil or Germany? For me, I think Germany has the edge due to the injury to Neymar.

I'm betting on Germany too. Brazil lost Neymar (who scored 40% of they World Cup goals thus far) and Thiago Silva. Those are more difficult to replace than Schweinsteiger for Germary.

Even if Brazil did have all of their players, I think Germany is the stronger team this year.

But we'll see what happens :D

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'm betting on Germany too. Brazil lost Neymar (who scored 40% of they World Cup goals thus far) and Thiago Silva. Those are more difficult to replace than Schweinsteiger for Germary.

Even if Brazil did have all of their players, I think Germany is the stronger team this year.

But we'll see what happens :D

Ah, I forgot about Silva being out for this match as well. The deck is stacked against Brazil for this match. I'd be very surprised to see Brazil win today.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
Ah, I forgot about Silva being out for this match as well. The deck is stacked against Brazil for this match. I'd be very surprised to see Brazil win today.

don't underestimate the home-crowd factor. especially in brazil.
neymar was the star, but the subs, although not as good in absolute, are still pretty good.

plus i have a feeling that the ref might be helpful to their cause (i was surprised -or maybe not- that they picked one of the few that was quite bad so far)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Everybody deserves a second chance! Even a ref.

I like Willian, surprised that he played very little, and a couple of their mids. Dante can be considered a decent substitute for Thiago Silva - considering everything is possible within one game and Brazil will see this under such circumstances as a now or never kind of game I believe chances are more or less 50/50. Not sure Germany profits from being considered favorite either. Bummer! :D

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I love that the Brazilians wore Neymar maskts in the "We Are All Neymar" campaign.

No. you're not. You're all bad. So is your team without Neymar.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
Everybody deserves a second chance! Even a ref.

I like Willian, surprised that he played very little, and a couple of their mids. Dante can be considered a decent substitute for Thiago Silva - considering everything is possible within one game and Brazil will see this under such circumstances as a now or never kind of game I believe chances are more or less 50/50. Not sure Germany profits from being considered favorite either. Bummer! :D

apparently, they didn't mind :D

I am soo glad i am not brazilian right now.
i would be suicidal

really shocking stuff

----------

I am loving this 5-0!!!!!!! Let's hope Germany doesn't get lax and let them back in.

it seems highly unlikely
but if they do, it would not only be historic (this game already is), but it would be without doubt the most epic game of all times.

meanwhile is brazil doing all they can NOT to put in into the net.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Wow. I'm in shock. Have to feel sorry for Brazil, but they were nothing without Silva and Neymar - I'd wager even England could've beaten them tonight!

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Wow. I'm in shock. Have to feel sorry for Brazil, but they were nothing without Silva and Neymar - I'd wager even England could've beaten them tonight!

That is going to far, you are now kicking a man when he is down,, fair play

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
After Germany scored 3-0, I went upstairs to tell my dad how Brazil was getting crushed and in the time it took me to walk upstairs it was 4-0. Wow.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
Mercy. Germany will win the Worldcup.

Both Argentina and the Dutch are craping their pants already ;-)

-t

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
typo

Mercy. Germany will win the Worldcup.

Both Argentina and the Dutch are craping their pants already ;-)

-t

I disagree. Brazil wasn't that good of a team without Silva and Neymar. I wouldn't be so quick to crown Germany.

Last edited:

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
I disagree. Brazil wasn't that good of a team without Silva and Neymar. I wouldn't be so quick to crown Germany.

1) Do you think that Silva and Neymar made the difference between a 7:1 loss, and a Brazilian win ? If yes, you completely overestimate the two.

2) Brazil playing in their home country has had to be the toughest opponent in this Worldcup.
They have been undefeated 65 games at home.

Germany absolutely can win the Worldcup after this performance.

WILL they do it ? Who knows.

-t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.