Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Hi All,

After setting up my watch, going into the messages app shows no messages and when i send a message, it sends mine but the watch app shows "unable to send message" is this a known bug with the first software? I have tried resetting the watch.

(Please do not comment with "this is only version 1 chill out". I work as an iOS developer for a living so know how this works, just want to know if its a known bug)

Thanks
James

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Hi All,

After setting up my watch, going into the messages app shows no messages and when i send a message, it sends mine but the watch app shows "unable to send message" is this a known bug with the first software? I have tried resetting the watch.

(Please do not comment with "this is only version 1 chill out". I work as an iOS developer for a living so know how this works, just want to know if its a known bug)

Thanks
James

Same exact issue. If you have two factor identification (or whatever its called) then you need to do an extra step to get messages working. You need to log into your Apple ID page and under security and passwords you need to create an app specific password. Call the app Messages. Restart the watch. Then you will be prompted to enter you iCloud password on your phone. Instead of the normal password you need to type in the one created for Messages specific. DONE.

Reactions: kmichalec

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Same exact issue. If you have two factor identification (or whatever its called) then you need to do an extra step to get messages working. You need to log into your Apple ID page and under security and passwords you need to create an app specific password. Call the app Messages. Restart the watch. Then you will be prompted to enter you iCloud password on your phone. Instead of the normal password you need to type in the one created for Messages specific. DONE.

You Sir are a genius!! Much Apple love to you <3:apple:

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Try following the steps? Turn watch off, turn watch on, open messages app with iPhone unlocked and see what happens?

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
I was having the exact same issue. It was the 2 step authentication for me. Followed Spoa94's suggestion. Worked like a charm. Thank you!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.