Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We appear to have lost posts in the original iTunes Sales thread with a thread-merge gone wrong.

It may have been due to some weird simultanous thread merge. I'm looking into it, but looking at the database, I don't think the posts are recoverable.

Sorry... hopefully it won't happen again.

arn

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I was thinking about PM'ing about this, but thanks for the explanatory note. And as always, for how hard you work to make this the best Mac community on the planet, Arn! :)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
is that why in my thread the last post (mine) is their but when you go back to the itunes forums to see all the threads, it says that john's light bulb was last to post... :confused:

That is odd, but doesn't seem to be related to the merging issue. For some reason, the forum index page isn't seeing your last post in that thread, since it lists Jon'sLightBulbs as the last poster (though the link takes me to your profile) and only lists two replies, while there are actually three replies in the thread.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
That is odd, but doesn't seem to be related to the merging issue. For some reason, the forum index page isn't seeing your last post in that thread, since it lists Jon'sLightBulbs as the last poster (though the link takes me to your profile) and only lists two replies, while there are actually three replies in the thread.

ya i thought it was odd too - i think i posted it about the same time the forum went down the other day for updates, could that have something to do with it?
(any one have a suggestions for a nano case; that thread died ;) )

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ya i thought it was odd too - i think i posted it about the same time the forum went down the other day for updates, could that have something to do with it?
(any one have a suggestions for a nano case; that thread died ;) )

yeah... I'm pretty sure that's unrelated, and has to do with the update. the post table was locked at the time, so it just didn't update the thread info. I can run a manual update on threads later tonight to resync that.

arn

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It looks like this was a vBulletin bug with two people merging threads simultaneously. Hopefully won't happen again, we're patched now to block such an occurance.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.