Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonewiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008

[center][img]http://images.macrumors.com/article/2008/04/04/123813-3gback_120.png[/img][/center] iPodObserver posted an image that they claim represents what the rumored 3G iPhone will look like:Apparently the new iPhone will also sport a glossy black back, replacing the satin nickel look found on the current model.

If iPodObserver.com's source is correct, the redesigned iPhone back also drops the black plastic end piece that covers the antenna, and it appears that Apple will continue to offer an 8GB model.
iPodObserver is not a typical rumor source, so we're uncertain about the reliability of their sources.

"Leaked" photos rarely turn out to be legitimate, but this one has already generated a lengthy debate in our forums. Due to the attention it has received, we are posting this for interest alone, and do not necessarily believe it represents a true leak. Some of the initial comments suggested it may have simply been a Colorware custom iPhone or a custom replacement back. Neither of these options, however, completely replace the bottom plastic portion of the iPhone as shown in the photo.

Article Link: 3G iPhone with Glossy Black Back?

Attachments

• 20080403iphoneback.png
    20080403iphoneback.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 5,212
Last edited by a moderator:

drb6

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2005
Boston, MA
That cartoony black/white combination seems too tacky for apple, even if I were to believe this was not a fake.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
That cartoony black/white combination seems too tacky for apple, even if I were to believe this was not a fake.
I understand where you are coming from. But this is cell phone territory, and they are tacky! ;)

Looks nice to me.

Real or Fake? Hard to say. Probably fake.

Edit: With the new iPhone being 3G, maybe Apple will make a significant change to the case so it will be easy to see the difference.

drb6

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2005
Boston, MA
I understand where you are coming from. But this is cell phone territory, and they are tacky! ;)

Looks nice to me.

Real or Fake? Hard to say. Probably fake.

True, its certainly striking but in an un-apple kind of way.

heyp

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
probably fake, but it would be pretty sweet... i'd prefer matte black though if they were gonna go this route

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Totally TACKY and I hope to god it does not look like that. The black is OK but High Gloss??? It will scratch way to easy and show scuffs. Flat/Matte black would be acceptable and it depends on what the front looks like. The silver bezel has GOT to go!!!

Nope, I would have to say that this is someone's fantasy photo shop again!

drb6

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2005
Boston, MA
The black Macbook sports that very look...

I thought it was matte black, not glossy?

And can anyone read what the bottom part of writing on it is? Where it usually shows the capacity. I can make out a 3 but nothing after. Anyone got photoshop at work to magnify? :eek:

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
iPhone shape will remain same.. they wouldnt want to make it thicker its the perfect size right now.. so sleek... if anything they would like to go thinner even if its by a fraccccction.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.