Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
It's fake.

Look at the close-up

Attachments

• phoneyiphone.png
    phoneyiphone.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 690

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
This could be real but it could also obviously be a fake:

1. The Apple logo on the back is NOT white it's reflective like the current iPhone.

2. Look at the dock connection/bottom it looks different

3. As pointed out before it could also be a ColorWare PC creation.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Sorry... what am I missing that the closeup indicates?

I think the "8GB" alone makes it highly unlikely to be valid, mind you.

I'm assuming the manner in which the curving black reflection overlaps the Apple logo in a very sloppy Photoshopped fashion.

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
I'm assuming the manner in which the curving black reflection overlaps the Apple logo in a very sloppy Photoshopped fashion.

Hmm... good point, but it does seem to be a consistent exponential increase with the other curves in the top right.

Granted, neither physics or Photoshop were ever strong subjects of mine. :)

Emulsion

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
pretty sexy.

I'm pretty sure if I was real someone would still find something to point out that looks fake.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Sorry... what am I missing that the closeup indicates?

I think the "8GB" alone makes it highly unlikely to be valid, mind you.

Look at the top of the full pic. If this new iPhone is supposed to have a glossy black on the back you wouldn't see the obvious metal layer under the black curving around the top and duplicated.

iphonewiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Looks real to me.

This may be a colorware job but I doubt it. The photo looks real to me. Notice the window reflection in the righthand corner of this closeup. Also the reflections in the curved sides are very detailed.

If this was a colorware job, they would have applied their coloring layer, then come back over it with the "iPhone - Designed by Apple Inc. in Calif......."
I seriously doubt that the would go through so much trouble.

This is a real photo in my opinion.

Attachments

• closeupbottom.png
    closeupbottom.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 344

themightyspitz

macrumors regular
May 16, 2007
Baltimore, MD
20080403iphoneback.png

I might be the only one crazy enough to notice this, but this phone's back is all one piece. Regardless of whether it was a Colorware thing or not, you can tell on all current iPhones that there are two pieces. Added to that, the shine around it suggest that there is some serious curvage along the back instead of around the edges. Although from the looks of it, it could be rubbery.

However, I'm skeptical if this is real, because if you look at the reflection of the computer at the top, it shows the iTunes screen as if an iPhone was connected. Maybe the person has another iPhone or an iPod Touch which is connected, but this one is certainly not.

For my money, I'm split. If it's shooped, it's a damn good shoop. If it's a fake, then that's one hell of a mod. If it's real, then we're getting a one-piece, curvier, shinier, maybe rubberier 8GB iPhone.

Again, I could be crazy.

otep1760

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
hes talking about the ring around the camera lense.

and i also see that it says 3gb, not 8gb. i zoomed in on it with my iphone and it definitely says 3gb.

since ive never heard of any apple device being 3gb, im going to say fake.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
Probably just a prototype. Or the "original" iPhone design that SJ talked about scrapping at the last moment for the new one.

iphonewiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
and i also see that it says 3gb, not 8gb. i zoomed in on it with my iphone and it definitely says 3gb.

Nope, it says 8gb. The bottom of the 8 makes a complete circle. I zoomed in using photoshop.

themightyspitz

macrumors regular
May 16, 2007
Baltimore, MD
No doubt this was already said...it looks like colorware.

I doubt Colorware for three reasons.
1. Colorware covers up the iPhone lettering and everything else. Only thing visible is the Apple logo
2. You can still tell there are two pieces with Colorware. This has one piece.
3. There's a more pronounced curve on the back of this photo compared to the current iPhone.

So either it's a really good shop, a really good case mod, or it's new. But I highly doubt it's Colorware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.