Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
April 3rd 2008 - Picture of iPhone 3G back casing
July 11th 2008 - iPhone 3G announce/release

Feb 13th 2009 - Picture of what might be just a iPhone 3G (replacement) back.

If it is a recent version of what will be the v3 iPhone back, would people anticipate an equal length of time to Market?

If so that would make it more like June?

EDIT - Oops - late night trying to find the dates, then put in a forum post, i got the wrong page on my iPhone. Accidental! Will add t the more recent forum thread :)

skythefly13

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005

If it is a recent version of what will be the v3 iPhone back, would people anticipate an equal length of time to Market?

Well April to July = 4 months
February to May = 4 months

Who knows

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL

Why did you resurrect this thread to ask a question that no one can answer when there's a perfectly good new thread about the next iPhone right on page one covering this exact topic?

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Why did you resurrect this thread to ask a question that no one can answer when there's a perfectly good new thread about the next iPhone right on page one covering this exact topic?

Actually, it's cool to see last year's rumor about the case and all the replies that "it's tacky" and "that's just a mockup or a colorware case" when it turned out to be 100% true. Makes a good point about the viability of this new rumor. I wouldn't have otherwise thought to go looking for this.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Actually, it's cool to see last year's rumor about the case and all the replies that "it's tacky" and "that's just a mockup or a colorware case" when it turned out to be 100% true. Makes a good point about the viability of this new rumor. I wouldn't have otherwise thought to go looking for this.

I suppose, but that's also a page back, because we went through that right after the new case was announced. If anything they could have linked this from the newer thread. I'm sure someone probably did.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
That cartoony black/white combination seems too tacky for apple, even if I were to believe this was not a fake.

while i can pretty much say thats a mock-up, it looks pretty tight. may be just a custom case someone put on theirs, i know there are company who will do custom case redesigns but i've never seen one like this

Looks fake...looks nice though

I understand where you are coming from. But this is cell phone territory, and they are tacky! ;)

Looks nice to me.

Real or Fake? Hard to say. Probably fake.

Edit: With the new iPhone being 3G, maybe Apple will make a significant change to the case so it will be easy to see the difference.

True, its certainly striking but in an un-apple kind of way.

probably fake, but it would be pretty sweet... i'd prefer matte black though if they were gonna go this route

Looks like a Colorware job.

Totally TACKY and I hope to god it does not look like that. The black is OK but High Gloss??? It will scratch way to easy and show scuffs. Flat/Matte black would be acceptable and it depends on what the front looks like. The silver bezel has GOT to go!!!

Nope, I would have to say that this is someone's fantasy photo shop again!

You're all idiots.

:p

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yep, this is eather the first custom cover to also replace the bottom half of the back iPhone case, a normal custom cover picture thats been Photoshoped or just a normal Photoshoped iPhone pic. I think its one of the last 2... That seems most likley

Eather way, this is a obvious fake, Apple would never make this, it looks like the quality of a crappy Chinese knock-off.

Let me set this streight... If this was a real leaked photo, Apple would have pulled it from thr net. Period. They would NOT leak it themselves for any reason. Apple take leaks seriously, when they were doing the iPhone (before it was announced) the hardware and software departments worked completley sepratly, they didnt share any infomation or anything, all in the interest of secracy.

Thats because many people have just descovered the joy of messing with fake iPhone pictures in Photoshop! I would join in too but I am to poor to afford Photoshop :(

You know what that means!?!?!? iPhone Nano FTW!

And that makes you.......

:D

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I didn't make any comments on this particular pic, and I'm glad I didn't. I can't remember what I thought other than the v1 iPhone was the total bomb. :p I'm still waiting for the facing camera for iChat and videoconferencing with the tap of the screen... :eek:

MacUser:Batman

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2009
Houston, TX
Play-doh + Photoshop = FAKE!

PHOTOSHOP!!!!

That picture has to be a fake. Why would it be black? Why would it be glossy? They must have shaped it out of play-doh and used Photoshop to digitally enhance it….

It looks nice though, I’d buy it!!!!

:p

MacUser:Batman

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2009
Houston, TX
After carefully analyzing the picture and then comparing it to the iphone in my pocket i came to realize that you are right! It is the current iphone 3g.

Sorry

*I'm an idiot....

MacUser:Batman :apple:

*Disclaimer: MacUser:Batman does not really think he is an idiot. In fact he is at least of average intelligence. He regrets not being successful at emphasizing sarcasm and making a joke... :cool:

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
In hindsight, it's funny reading this thread and seeing a legit picture of the second generation iPhone posted as a rumor, which was 100% accurate. :cool:

machacker

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
While I don't condone post resurrection, I am amused by the comments that people had about the true pic of an iPhone 3G. It is interesting to see how quickly people shot down all the things about the design. Things that a year later, we are still complaining about. :D

Amusing.

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
In hindsight, it's funny reading this thread and seeing a legit picture of the second generation iPhone posted as a rumor, which was 100% accurate. :cool:

That's the thing. I never discount rumors. No matter how way off they are. It's always interesting to look at, and it isn't hard dissecting truth from fact. Apple usually repeats the same policies on specific points of their products, so it is kind of easy to ascertain what could be or what's way off.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
This thread was very funny! Every pic of the new iPhone that is posted, everyone claims its fake. Honestly, I believe we've been looking at the new iPhone for a while & didn't even realize it. I'm referring to this photo.

I do, believe this is the new iPhone, but we'll know in less than 2 weeks if I were wrong.

Any one agree?

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
If you look at the first page of post you'll notice mostly everyone thinks is a mock-up, a fake, also un apple like even though it was the real thing. Sorry for bumping an old post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.