Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neosaga

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2018
So I played around with SMTube 20.1 a bit further and had a look at the support forum.

Basically what happened was that the author was using the Youtube API to populate tonvid.com.
However his Developer key got suspended due to which he had to use a free key which resulted in tonvid having a lower
bandwith to populate the Youtube URLs.

This is what we perceive as the No URL found for this video in SMTube 20.1.

The author decided to pull the plug on populating Tonvid with the usable Youtube URL's and as such has now removed the Youtube API completely from SMTube, it now has to rely on youtube-dl to first download the video which is then played back by your chose videoplayer. (SMTube 20.6).

Long story short, the one-click directly streaming from Youtube application that SMTube once was, no longer is ...

Has anybody tried the new 20.6 version linked above this post ?
(also noticed you will have to add /Users/<yourusername>/bin to your PATH variable)
Hello I have been using these days, smtube 20.1 with mplayer without problems, but recently I stopped opening the videos. then I decided to install the smtube 20.6 and the youtube dl was installed. but in the configuration it asks to start with a player named mpv which only exists for versions 10.8 to higher. and I can't find the 20.6 smplayer for osx 10.5. nor how should the configuration go with youtube. dl.o_O

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
Hello I have been using these days, smtube 20.1 with mplayer without problems, but recently I stopped opening the videos. then I decided to install the smtube 20.6 and the youtube dl was installed. but in the configuration it asks to start with a player named mpv which only exists for versions 10.8 to higher. and I can't find the 20.6 smplayer for osx 10.5. nor how should the configuration go with youtube. dl.o_O

A good question, I haven't used smtube in a long time anymore.
But I guess choosing which player opens the video should still be in the GUI of smtube ?
Open SMTube, Select Preferences, Under Players can you specify the path to mplayer there ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.