06.02 Bootloader, can I unlock yet?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hassassin, May 5, 2010.

  1. hassassin macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    #1
    3G
    3.1.3
    5.12.01 baseband
    06.04 Bootloader :(

    I am Jbroken with ultrasnow, and have cydia and fuzzybuddy all ready to go...and fuzzybuddy cant downgrade me because of the bootloader, so i cant unlock.

    Does anyone know of a fix for this, maybe a new "fuzzybuddy" or something?

    Is there such a thing as downgrading the bootloader or is that iphone hardware??

    I NEED an unlock badly!!

    Any info is appreciated greatly, I have been sitting on this brick since December 2009 when i updated via iTunes and got nailed with 3.1.3

    THANKS A MILLION:cool:
     
  2. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #2
    You can jailbreak (using Spirit or Redsn0w) but for now there is no unlock.
    We expect a new tool to unlock in mid-June
     
  3. hassassin thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    #3
    ok, thank bud, ill stop grinding myself to find an unlock then...i was killing myself!
     
  4. 1 deep macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    #4
    it sucks

    i have the same problem but my iphone is 06.02 Bootloader is there any way i can downgrade??:confused:
     
  5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #5
    Nope, cant downgrade the baseband once updated unless on a very small percentage of early iphone 3G models.
    All you can do is sit and wait for an unlock to be released sometime after 4.0 comes out.
     
  6. 1 deep macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
  7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #7
    Probably around June or July.
     
  8. 1 deep macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    #8
    or how about if i downgrade from a 3.1.3 to a 3.1.2?
     
  9. thinkbig12 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    #9
    I also need an unlock.. god I'm starting to hate freakin APPLE and their monopoly.
     
  10. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #10
    Read post #2
     
  11. 1 deep macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
  12. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #12
    You can change the firmware all you want with a 3G. But you can't change or downgrade the baseband with the bootloader you have, so you cannot unlock.

    Believe me, if they was a way, we would have told you.
     
  13. thinkbig12 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    #13
    why r u projecting it for mid-june? why not next week?
     
  14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #14
    Because the new iphone wont come out next week and thats when they will release the new unlock. So those new devices could potentially take advantage of the new exploit.
     
  15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #15
    No
     
  16. thinkbig12 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    #16
    so u think they already know a way to unlock it?

    that would suck... my 3GS is being useless atm :(
     
  17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #17
    From what they posted on multiple occasions it sounds like they already have it ready and just waiting for the right and best time to release it.
     
  18. thinkbig12 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    #18
    wow that would definately suck for all of us waiting :(

    thanks for the info
     
  19. Krafty macrumors 601

    Krafty

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Location:
    La La Land
    #19
    The purpose is to make sure nothing is patched before the 4.0 release. Although the beta was already jailbroken, the purpose was for the developers (same as how the 4.0b is only suppose to be for developers).
     
  20. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

    iphonegeek786

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2009
    #20
    Sherif_Hashim has implied that he has completed it. He said as soon as the new iphone comes out, it will be released on the day. You can just feel that he wants to release it as soon as possible.
     
  21. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #21
    MuscleNerd Tweet:
    @Seatory No carrier unlock til next major FW release (which will likely coincide with next iPhone)
    2:41 PM May 3rd via web in reply to Seatory

    Here is the situation. If the unlock were released next week as you have asked, then by the time the new major firmware 4.0 is released in June, Apple would know about the exploit and kill it. So you can be unlocked 3-4 weeks early for 3.1.3 firmware or everyone who jailbreaks and needs unlock can all be unlocked under 4.0 firmware.

    I know which one all of us (with the exception of you) will choose. That is why the exploit is being held and not wasted.
     
  22. thinkbig12 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    #22
    thanks for the info.. I understand.. that's why I will try to sell my iphone as soon as possible!
     
  23. ob3rn3d3r macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 11, 2010
    #23
    This has been the best explanation and hope for a fix

    Fortunately I only have to wait a month. I am very pleased with this forum and the logic and reasoning that has been explained. Thanks to all who have done a lot more research than myself.
     
  24. teecall macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 12, 2010
    #24
    I leave for the UK from America this saturday. Since it's obvious that an actual unlock is possible is it possible to get it privately?? I am willing to pay / donate as long as it's not an insane amount.
     
  25. -aggie- macrumors P6

    -aggie-

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Location:
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    #25
    No, it's not possible. If they wanted money they could sell it to Apple.
     

Share This Page