07 MacBook: Will Snow Leopard Improve?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by trajen, Aug 24, 2009.

1. trajen macrumors 6502a

Will upgrading my 07/08 white MacBook to Snow Leopard make a noticiable difference in my day-to-day computing? I've been reading articles about the new OS and from what I gather, I won't be able to take advantage of the new features in Snow Leopard. (64-bit, Grand Central, etc.)

I've never upgraded or modified my MacBook since I purchased it. If Snow Leopard will make a significant difference then I will buy. If not, I'll just stick to what I've got. ;)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

There is no way to measure significant.

Upgrading your ram or hard drive speed would be a bigger difference I imagine, particularly the former. If nothing else Snow Leopard will make things faster and given you more free space on your hard drive.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Your MacBook will benefit from GrandCentral and 64-bit Applications. But as far as OpenCL, and hardware acceleration, it is not possible for you. So, even though there is a speed bump and more HDD space, there won't be much of a difference.

Also, to notice the benefits of Grand Central, your applications have to be re-written to take advantage of that.

4. tekio macrumors regular

The only performance difference I've noticed is that 10A432 uses more ram than 10.5.8 which is an issue when you've only got 1gb.

5. trajen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, then I'll just stick with what I've got.

Maybe after upgrading my RAM I'll consider Snow Leopard.
    Thanks, guys. :)