1.1.3 JB Released!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by 8gigaPodTouch, Jan 24, 2008.

1. 8gigaPodTouch macrumors member

Breaking News!

Hello everybody.

JB already released.

Nate True officially(???) release the JB method for firmware 1.1.3 made by iPhone Dev Team.

NOTE: as of now it is for iPhone. hope this is also same procedure for our iPod touch, atleast we're getting closer for the new JB'd FW, 1.1.3

click LINK for more info.

2. csmitty macrumors regular

Anyone trying it. I ran ibrickr and it said my phone could be updated......but i'm hesitant. :rolleyes:

oh, and by phone i mean ipod

3. California King macrumors 65816

go ahead and tell us if it works :)

4. csmitty macrumors regular

let me email myself all my notes and sync calanders and i'll give it a try

5. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

any details on iPod touch?

6. CVV1 macrumors member

CVV1

7. ajl917 macrumors 6502

From what I hear, no

8. csmitty macrumors regular

Where'd you hear that from?

9. CVV1 macrumors member

CVV1

oh, dang.

I thought ipod touch and iphone used the same software

???

10. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Are we sure this won't work on the Touch? Anyone brave enough to give it a go?

11. MattMcClinch macrumors newbie

I was brave enough to give it a try on an iPod Touch. Aside from repeatedly calling my iPod a phone, iBrickr reported success at every stage throughout the process. Unfortunately, the last step requires downloading something via installer.app, and right now installer.app hangs while trying to refresh the sources. Of course, it was doing that before I tried to upgrade. I turned off my iPod and turned it back on just to make sure I didn't mess anything up, and everything seems to be all right. Of course, I'm still running 1.1.2 until I can complete that final step in installer.

UPDATE:
    I reset my iPod's date and time, and was able to get installer to finish refreshing sources. I installed the 1.1.3 soft update. I think installer must have crashed at this point because all of a sudden I was back at the home screen. When I rebooted my iPod, it had gone into recovery mode.

EDIT:
    I probably should have waited for it to reboot itself. Also, I think it would have been a good idea to download the iPod firmware ahead of time. I think iBrickr may have downloaded the iPhone firmware for me. Oh well, no harm done.

EDIT:
    I restored to 1.1.1, jailbroke that, and tried again. I've now got a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod Touch. I was pleased to find that all my contacts and other settings were still there even after restoring to factory settings.

12. Alphy macrumors member

Good to know!

13. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Pressing forward...full speed ahead

All right, I'm either a moron or a courageous hero...I'm in mid process of giving this a go on my Jailbroken 1.12 Ipod Touch. Right now its downloading (the 1.13 firmware). I'll let you know what happens next. Worse case scenario I take one for the team...

OK 1.13 downloaded...it's asking me to hit the button and commit now...getting a little nervoous...maybe I should eat a donut first...

Here's what the screen says,

"Ready
    Alright, everything's ready to upload to your phone. For this, you need:
    To make sure your iPhone is still connected, preferably via a USB 2.0 port
    At least 300 megabytes free on your iPhone
    A "Can-do" attitude
    Got all that?"

14. Sketh macrumors 6502

Sketh

Worst case senario you have to restore your ipod again, Which is very discerning, but don't let it get to you.

It's like a science experiment.

15. frankiejoe577 macrumors newbie

Haha let me know how its goes...

I hope they let out a version for ipod touch

16. Alphy macrumors member

save your time folks, doesn't work for iPod touch yet. Look up a couple replies.

17. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

OK, moving forward full steam ahead...

It says,

"Uploading
    Uploading the new firmware image to the phone. This will take a while..."

Now it says,

"Uploading, still
    Seriously, I said it would take a while. Just wait it out. It might be a half hour or something."

And I wasn't even complaining...

I'll keep you posted.

Update: It said to keep waiting but then it finisched...

Now it says,

"iBrickr done
    Alright! That's iBrickr's part of the job done.
    Now, head to Installer on your phone and find the "1.1.3 soft upgrade" package. Install it, and your phone should reboot into 1.1.3, already activated. If you had an unlocked phone, it should still work.

Oh, and if it works, don't forget to donate!"

UPDATE

Found the 1.13 update in installer...and installed it. It stopped about half way through the process and I thought it was over, but then it finished and went back to the home screen. Even though I'm back at the home screen (and wallpaper and apps are still there just like they were in 1.12, the rotating circle is revolving like when you respring. And I was typing the iPod Touch rebooted (black screen with the apple logo).

18. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

just noticed this topic was in the ipod touch section, had me going crazy for a min here.......Still waiting nothing happend yet!

19. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

OK, it finished and it worked! I have a 1.13 iPod touch with installer. All my apps and wallpapers are gone. Music and videos are still there.

Next step I will try to post a screen shot.

I already don't like the new dock much...

20. syngatesa7x macrumors newbie

if you have a 1.1.3 jailbroken touch is there any way to get the 1.1.3 apps and the wiggling icons for free? or do you still have to pay the 20 bucks?

21. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I haven't been to iTunes yet with 1.13 installed but I suspect I still have to pay the $20.00.

My contacts and calendar data didn't get erased and neither did my photos.

I installed sceen shot but it doesn't work. I

I found that all of my apps are still in installer and need to be uninstalled, and then reinstalled. So far I installed screen shot (doesn't work) and mines (works) and sysinfo (works).

22. elitexero macrumors newbie

Ok then tell me why I'm running 1.1.3 on my 8gig touch and installing bsd subsystem as I type this...

23. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Pics or it didnt happen?

24. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Well I'm still struggling to get SummerBoard working. I wish I would have wiped it before I went to 1.13.

It might be wise to uninstall apps before you go to 1.13 and re-install them later or from a backup. Leaving them on the device has caused me some issues.

I got screenshot working...here's a photo of things so far...

Attached Files:

• 113.JPG
      113.JPG
      File size:
      50.9 KB
      Views:
  25. aki macrumors 6502a

Fast! Any definite on if it works for touch yet?