1 month nicotine free!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phas3, Nov 4, 2009.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

I am glad to say that today marks day #30 of being nicotine free. For the past 1 1/2 years, I have been struggling with smoking and drinking, mostly because of stress related issues and depression. I started smoking on my second tour to Iraq, and there I was going through 2 packs a day, after I came back I was diagnosed with depression and PTSD from the deployments and issues I had back home here in the United States smoked and drank my life away drinking a 12-18 pack a day, then about 6 months ago cut down to 1 pack and drastically, changed my drinking habits, 1 pack a day became less and less even though 1 month isn't long but I feel I've made some great progress, I don't drink everyday anymore, more like once every two weeks and I feel I have self control again...well maybe except for buying things for my PC lol

2. amusiccale macrumors 6502

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You can always try a healthier habit for getting rid of your self destructive vices, like stalking Ryan Seacrest. ;)

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

congrats!!! this is a wonderful acheivement.

keep us updated. if you go back to your bad habbits i will personally come hurt you ;)

7. Love macrumors 68000

Love

8. shivermetimbers macrumors 6502

Good Job! Not a easy task by any means. *golf clap*

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Yay! It's hard quitting smoking! *I don't know personally*, but people I know have said how difficult it is. :D Good job.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good lad! A close friend of mine is forever giving up and then going back to smoking, but that's more to do with his lifestyle and other friends than anything else. From what I've seen from him the hump is definitely over after a month.

11. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Congrats.

I have to admit that I thought this was a spam thread for getting a month of nicotine for free.

:eek:

12. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Congratulations! Great job! :) It certainly isn't easy to do it but we're all glad you did kick that habit!

13. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

14. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

thank you everyone, its been tough but i'm getting the hang of it! and leo you're from heromsa beach? awesome! i'm in torrance hopefully moving to Manhattan Beach soon!

15. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Manhattan beach is wonderful! I was there a few days ago and found my first sand dollar! :D <3

16. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

I love that picture poor little kitty

17. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I see my name "leo" but I live about 10 miles from Manhattan Beach....... it's cool...........:p;)

go to the manhattan village apple store......=) i bought my macbook their!

18. Surely Guest

Surely

Congrats! I hope you never smoke again.

Make sure you go to Becker's bakery in Manhattan Beach for the best sandwich (the Becker's Special) and frosting glazed oatmeal cookies you'll ever have.

I love Manhattan Beach.

19. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

Great job!!!!:)
    After 2 or 3 months, you won't even want a smoke.
    I quit 2 1/2 years ago from a pack a day. Man it feels great!
    Just remember, all it takes is 1 cigarette, and you're hooked again!Keep it up!:D

20. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

All I can say is Congratulations(!) and people around you appreciate it very much.

Keep up the good work. I know it's not easy. :)

21. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

[​IMG]
    Way to go! Don't forget how proud you feel right now and use that as motivation to keep going one day at a time. We believe in you! :)

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Way to go.
    The good news right now is you are well past the hardest part (2 weeks) and have passed the point of breaking the habit which both I know is very hard to do and very few people have the will power yto make it that far.
    From here on out it will keep getting easier as you body keeps healing it self. In 23 months you risk of lung cancer will be back down to the level of a non smoker.
    And the other good news is you only stuggle from here on out is dealing with the memory of how smoking made you feel and the will continue to fad with time.

23. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've seen that before! I never went though, is that the one across the local yoke? That place has a pretty good brunch. I go to Petes Cafe alot too. The community in Manhattan Beach gives off such good vibes!

24. Surely Guest

Surely

It's around 11th and Manhattan Ave. I've never been to the Local Yoke..... I'll have to check it out.

Here's a photo of the outside of the bakery that I posted in the iPhone photo of the day thread:

[​IMG]

A very cool vibe there......I love seeing people walking on the sidewalks carrying surfboards and kayaks.