#1 reason for choosing a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mcbee, Nov 16, 2011.

?

#1 reason to choose an iPhone case

Poll closed Jan 15, 2012.
  1. Looks Good

36 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Protection

81 vote(s)
    61.4%
  3. Slim

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Additional Functions

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Mcbee macrumors newbie

Just curious what is the number one reason to choose an iPhone case??

For me, decent protection and must be good looking

2. rkeato1 macrumors regular

protection is my priority, but it has to jump off the shelf for me to want to buy it. I cased my 3gs, but the 4s is too good looking to settle for a case that doesn't do it justice.

3. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

obviously protection is important, but i would never buy an otterbox because they make the phone twice as big as it needs to be, and infinitely uglier imho.

4. diane143 macrumors 6502a

Actually the Commuter isn't that bad, all things considered. Love the naked feel but I'd die if I broke it!

5. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

^^ ya you're right, i was just referring to the original otterbox, since most consider it one of the most protective cases for iDevices.

I switch back and forth between no case and the Reveal Etch from Griffin

http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone/iphone-4/reveal-etch-iphone4

I usually throw the case on on friday night to get me through the weekend. Don't tend to drop or break my phone during the work week! :p

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I like the look of the reveal and the reveal etch. Have you ever dropped your phone using this case? How was the protection if so?

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Looks is important to me. I'm currently rockin the Incase Slider Pro and love it. I saw the new OB Defender yesterday in Best Buy and it looked a tad bit slimmer than usual.

8. duggram macrumors 6502

duggram

I got a Boost case for my 4S. For me form does follow function. I got it for the 250% battery life. The fact that it looks drop-dead sexy, is slim and allows me to type like other cases can't are just extras factors.

9. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

oh ya, i've dropped it a million times. Had this case since launch day for the iPhone 4. The rubber at the top is starting to separate from the back piece, but it's barely noticeable and probably due more to the fact that i have a tendency to sometimes just play around with my phone and take the case on and off a million times. I usually drop my phone when i leave it in my lap in the car and then forget about it when i go to get out. iPhone has been dropped to asphalt too many times to count and doesn't have any problems. I really love how small this case is, doesn't add too much bulk to the iPhone! I'd recommend it.

The Elan Form is a 2 piece design similar to the Reveal... the front part snaps to the back case so it probably adds a little more protection for the screen but adds a little bit of bulk.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone/iphone-4/elan-form-graphite-for-iphone-4

^^^ WOW!!! Just looked up the Boost Case, one of the better looking battery cases I have seen. Great price too. How much extra battery do you usually get out of that?

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Those are two separate items on your poll.

11. vaugha macrumors regular

I'm pretty careful w/ my phones so a bumper + shields combo for the most part does the job. My taste is somewhere in b/w look and protection.

12. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

That's two.

13. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

14. LTMK macrumors member

Protection is way more important than anything!!

15. pooryou macrumors 65816

To me the phone always looks worse with a case. The only reason would be protection in my view.

16. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

17. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

Protection.

A few days after I got my 4S, I found a few hairline scratches on the front and back. As annoying as the ugliness of the case is, those scratches drive me nuts too.

Mo' money, mo' problems.

18. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Protection will always come to mind for anyone looking to get a case no matter what.

19. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

All of the above?

I want a case that is slim, looks great, and offers protection. Obviously there's some give and take with each category. But a case that has a little of everything is ideal for me.

20. Bigmacduck macrumors regular

My number 1 reason in extended battery. I use the Mophie Juice Pack for iPhone 4/4S. Very happy with it.

21. LoveSteve macrumors member

22. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

minimal protection, Magpul :) adds amazing grip, slim design. If going for dinner, I'm going naked.

23. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

24. GoTexans macrumors newbie

I want something that is very thin and be able to protect the phone ...tpu is the best choice I guess

25. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I go by something that is slim, but also has lay on the table design. I don't drop my phone enough to worry about having a lot of protection (i.e. Otterbox).