$10,000 Gold Apple Watch Edition Crushed By Magnets

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Michaelgtrusa, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

$10,000 Gold Apple Watch Edition Crushed By Magnets.

Would you do this?

2. Javabird macrumors 6502

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

This video should be burned to a platinum DVD and shot into space so future aliens can see why our planet imploded on itself with sheer wasteful greed.

4. mr.anthonyramos macrumors regular

mr.anthonyramos

Idiots...someone please explain the point of this video aside from proving that the human race has hit new lows.

5. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Clicks can = cash. A lot of people make cash on YouTube. I doubt he'll earn enough to even come close to paying off that watch. Unless there are a ton of haters.

1 word, "retarded"

6. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

I assume the guy had AppleCare+ on it so it only cost him $1,000 to get it replaced.

7. Beards macrumors 6502

Beards

Well, for every person that watches the video you are helping his pocket.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

So if you bought a good watch, don't put your hand between two super powerful magnets. I bought the stainless model and never go near magnetic bricks, so I think I'm good.

Also, I don't plan to put my junk between those magnets to see if I will be able to feel anything but pain for the rest of my life. So that dude can just skip that experiment.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Probably, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had earlier asked for donations to get the money to buy the watch and make the video, and if that was the case considering he'll probably make more than the $1000 in ad revenue from this video he just got a free apple watch edition.

10. Davelfc macrumors member

Davelfc

Can you make out the serial number? Apple should refuse to replace this if he has applecare plus.

11. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Assuming that's a real Edition, and not just a plated SS, a large part of the value of the Edition is the pure gold content. Crushing it doesn't remove the gold or its inherent value.

The owner can still recover some of the cost by selling the gold. So, not a full $10k waste.

12. H3rman macrumors 6502

Why do it? Simple, because you can! To all those people saying we as a race have now hit "new lows", you have lived a VERY sheltered life if you think this is a new low. I do believe that nuclear & chemical warfare is far, far, FAR lower than anything this guy has ever done.

It's a watch FFS! If he wants to smash it with magnets, grind it up into 1,000,000 pieces, eat it, then crap it out, then he has every right to do that. Those people who think it's "brainless", "retarded", "a new low", etc really need to get out more. It's just for a laugh and nothing more.

13. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

This has already been shared very recently here. What a horrific video to share twice!

14. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Would have been more entertaining to see his hand in there. Amazing what constitutes a business model these days.

15. Jack426, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

But... but... but... I only accidentally put my watch between 2 very large magnets. Then, I accidentally got a friend to help me push the magnets together and they accidentally smashed the watch in between them. :D

In all seriousness though, wow!
    Watching multiple science videos about magnets, (and being a nerd) that's very dangerous. :eek:
    It's highly advised not to allow magnets (especially large, powerful magnets) to smash together. The force of them smashing causes small metal fragments to break off in all different directions. But, it's obvious that they didn't care about getting pelted with glass, metal, or ceramic. :rolleyes: I sure wouldn't want to risk having dangerous fragments flying toward me.

16. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

I think this guy's is a user here, remember someone mentioned they got edition with the intention to make a 'destruction' video.

Well hope he recoup the money at least, people don't seem interested in this kind of videos anymore.

17. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

18. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Why would you do something like this? I'm sure the money could be better spent.
    If it is just a money making exercise then I hope he is out of pocket.
    Personally I didn't even bother watching it.

19. jerwin macrumors 65816

From his bio

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's actually not a large part of the value. Based on 3D modeling, the gold content is estimated to be only around $1200. The rest is simply mark-up.

21. producerlawson macrumors regular

Honestly, if he sells the gold, makes a little money from the accessories and then finally monetize the views then he'll easily make the money back. Which is alright for him I guess, but an utter waste to Apple.. I've hated this kid for a long while.

22. FelicityW macrumors regular

Well, of course it broke. He cheaped out. I believe only the $17,000 one is capable of withstanding that.