10.10.4 BATTERY DRAIN?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by kayleee, Jul 17, 2015.

1. kayleee macrumors regular

not actually drain,but I noticed its getting down 35-40% in then it was before...

Macbook air 13inch - 2013 i5

Anyone got this or just me :(

2. kayleee thread starter macrumors regular

3. kayleee thread starter macrumors regular

guys should i go with public beta 10.10.5?

forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-seeds-first-os-x-10-10-5-beta-to-public-beta-testers.1901125/

anyone tried it did it fix any issues for ya?

4. kayleee thread starter macrumors regular

resolved by upgrading to public beta 10.5.5

sigh, apple turning into mycrosoft hah.

5. jonywalker macrumors newbie

That is good news! But I still think apple should test more before making a release. Such abnormal power consumption is a big issue. Unfortunately, all software vendors are doing the same nowadays!

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Apple should cease trying to reinvent OS X every 12 months, and focus on getting the OS working 100% across their hardware, I don't want new toys I want the OS to work without issue first, then add additional functionality. It`s ridiculous the number of users who have issue with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and now power drain.

10.11 is a step in the right direction, ultimately OS X is not free as the cost is "baked" into every Mac, either Apple is waking up to it`s customers or are now concerned about sales with Microsoft`s Windows 10 looming. As many switched to Apple as there was no rational alternative to Windows 8, W10 changes this paradigm.

FWIW I have had no issue with my Mac`s equally so many others have, nor do they come across as not knowing what they are doing.

Q-6

7. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

Any approximate date when will 10.10.5 be officially released? This battery drain issue is also happening to my macbook 2015. Thank you.

8. jonywalker macrumors newbie

I installed El Capitan beta 3 instead 10.10.5 beta. The heating problem seems also to be solved, my mb pro gets just a little warm instead hot before, and battery consumption seems to slow down by about 30-40%. Other performance gain is not significant, but it doesn't belong to the topic here.

9. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

By turning off wifi, I found out that the battery drains at a much lower rate while my mac is on the sleep mode.