Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
So I updated tonight and now every website I go to, I am getting a pop up asking me to approve digital certificates. This never happened until I did the update tonight. Anyone else seeing this? I keep clicking DENY because I am not sure why its asking me for it now.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
  1. Quit out of Safari
  2. Hit Command+Spacebar to bring up Spotlight search, then type “Keychain Access” and hit return to launch the app
  3. Go to the “Keychain Access” menu and select “Keychain First Aid” from the menu list
  4. Enter the current user password, then check the “Verify” box, followed by choosing the “Start” button
  5. Next, choose the “Repair” radio box and then “Start” again
    repair-keychain-mac.jpg

6. Relaunch Safari and visit the website(s) again.

Reactions: C7 POWER

rUmbuyGum

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2015
North Bay California
So I updated tonight and now every website I go to, I am getting a pop up asking me to approve digital certificates. This never happened until I did the update tonight. Anyone else seeing this? I keep clicking DENY because I am not sure why its asking me for it now.

Hi!
I'm running an early 2008 Mac pro with 4 gigs ram, and a late 2008 17" MacBook pro laptop.....both, just now, updated to 10.11.2. I've had no such digital certificate issues at all.

Have you tried going into disk utility and doing the "first aid check" ???

Just guessing here...

Aloha

jbd

rUmbuyGum

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2015
North Bay California
Hi!
I'm running an early 2008 Mac pro with 4 gigs ram, and a late 2008 17" MacBook pro laptop.....both, just now, updated to 10.11.2. I've had no such digital certificate issues at all.

Have you tried going into disk utility and doing the "first aid check" ???

Just guessing here...

Aloha

jbd

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
  1. Quit out of Safari
  2. Hit Command+Spacebar to bring up Spotlight search, then type “Keychain Access” and hit return to launch the app
  3. Go to the “Keychain Access” menu and select “Keychain First Aid” from the menu list
  4. Enter the current user password, then check the “Verify” box, followed by choosing the “Start” button
    repair-keychain-mac.jpg

Thank you, I will try that tonight.

techedude

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
My 2014 13in Macbook Pro Retina keeps freezing after the download yesterday. I have had to restart the computer at least 5 times. The mouse moves but everything else is unresponsive. I'm a certified Mac Technician and have never seen a release this bad. I know my hardware is in tip top condition. Not happy and might have to do a roll back install

psik

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
My 2014 13in Macbook Pro Retina keeps freezing after the download yesterday. I have had to restart the computer at least 5 times. The mouse moves but everything else is unresponsive. I'm a certified Mac Technician and have never seen a release this bad. I know my hardware is in tip top condition. Not happy and might have to do a roll back install

isn't everyone a self-declared mac tech nowadays?

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm a certified Mac Technician and have never seen a release this bad.

So.... Since you are a Certified Mac Technician, don't you think you are jumping the gun here? Just because YOU had some trouble, this is the worst release YOU have ever seen?

You know, even if there was (and there's not) a PERFECT... BUG FREE RELEASE... some computers would still have glitches and cause people to say this is a bad update. Did you try downloading the full package and installing? Did you try a clean install on a fresh drive? I'm guessing no.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
So.... Since you are a Certified Mac Technician, don't you think you are jumping the gun here? Just because YOU had some trouble, this is the worst release YOU have ever seen?

You know, even if there was (and there's not) a PERFECT... BUG FREE RELEASE... some computers would still have glitches and cause people to say this is a bad update. Did you try downloading the full package and installing? Did you try a clean install on a fresh drive? I'm guessing no.

I'll take his certified opinion over your "Apple Apologetic" thinking. You have to be a technician to tackle Apple installs these days. I would love to move to El Capitan, but I dont have days of free time to diagnose and fix issues. The consensus I have read is "DONT UPGRADE".

Reactions: George Dawes

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'll take his certified opinion over your "Apple Apologetic" thinking. You have to be a technician to tackle Apple installs these days. I would love to move to El Capitan, but I dont have days of free time to diagnose and fix issues. The consensus I have read is "DONT UPGRADE".

No that is not the consensus at all. You are hearing from a vocal group of people who sadly have had troubles with El Capitan for one reason or another. There are many of us who have had no trouble at all, but we don't make threads to announce it.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
No that is not the consensus at all. You are hearing from a vocal group of people who sadly have had troubles with El Capitan for one reason or another. There are many of us who have had no trouble at all, but we don't make threads to announce it.

Actually I read that here on this site, I've heard from people that I know that have upgraded and have had issues. Upgrading to this version of the OS is precarious at best. Many many people have issues.

I should not need to be a technician to successfully update the OS. I should not need to know how to repair permissions and do other crazy things with terminal in order to get the OS to work correctly.

Reactions: navaira and Riwam

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC

You take whatever you want. I'm not an Apple apologist at all, I'm just stating the facts. Just because you are inept doesn't mean others are. There are problems with all operating systems (including OS X) but since you have the answers have fun. It took me less than 25 min. each to install on SEVERAL MACHINES. No, I don't work for Apple, it's just not that hard for most people.

Reactions: Weaselboy

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
I think I'm going to make a thread stating how great my late 2011 MBP runs on El Cap.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Actually I read that here on this site, I've heard from people that I know that have upgraded and have had issues. Upgrading to this version of the OS is precarious at best. Many many people have issues.

I should not need to be a technician to successfully update the OS. I should not need to know how to repair permissions and do other crazy things with terminal in order to get the OS to work correctly.
I upgraded a late 2008 aluMB, mid 2010 Mac mini, and a mid 2012 MacBook Pro, none have issues.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
  1. Quit out of Safari
    repair-keychain-mac.jpg

What was causing this? My previous versions never encountered this...or haven't noticed this. All sudden 10.11.1..when i erase my website history..it asked me to verify per site.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland

I read every post you write Weaselboy and respect you very much. :)
However I honestly do not believe that the great number of bugs and problems reported since El Capitan was released can be purely explained by your repeated theory that ONLY people post when they have problems and those with good running computers don't. :rolleyes:
Whenever I post a problem I emphasize that with the same hard- and software I did not have that problem running Mavericks and Yosemite.
I have no aversion whatsoever to El Capitan. It seems unfortunately less finished on release that previous OSX were.
Both myself and other users with problems appearing only in El Capitan running computers must and should be believed. :eek:
People complaining just for the sake of complaining are very, very, very, very few sick people!
"Une quantité negligéable"
Those telling about TRUE problems are by far the rule.
If the number of bugs reported reaches the high present level it is NOT necessarily because MANY MORE ENTIRELY HAPPY USERS OF EL CAPITAN KEEP SILENT. :rolleyes:

As far as i know YOU belong to this happy bug free users, but this does not solve the problems of the MANY YES-BUG SUFFERING USERS. :(
Actually NOT EVEN APPLE can tell the percentage of success and that of failures with OSX 10.11., now ALREADY IN ITS second correction which EVEN HAD TO INCLUDE A REPAIR UPDATE TO THE RECOVERY! :eek:

I do not see that as normal and still AM POSITIVE that Apple SHOULD had included the 2 updates and the Recovery correction in the final release of El Capitan to the public, which came IMHO much TOO early and much TOO unfinished. :oops:
Waiting a few more weeks would have done no harm to anybody and on the other side had prevented very many problems and frustration to a lot of Mac users all over the world. :D
Ed

Last edited:

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
My answer to that is: "Many, many people here are idiots."

Reactions: crjackson2134

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Whenever I post a problem I emphasize that with the same hard- and software I did not have that problem running Mavericks and Yosemite.

I appreciate the polite dialogue. :)

When I have made my comments I have tried to be careful not to dismiss those who have problems, as that is not my intention and I do not think people are just making things up. But I do think the vast majority of these problems can be handled with some basic troubleshooting steps to figure out what is wrong rather than just revert to "El Capitan is awful."

I suspect Apple's implementation of system integrity protection (SIP) caused more software conflicts than previous OS X updates did and that contributes to the problem. I had to disable the utility Bartender for a few days until the dev. did a SIP compatible update for example.

Reactions: crjackson2134

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
No HDMI video out on my 2011 mini , had to do a hard restart .. oh deary me

I recall once upon a time when it all just worked

Now it's all just borked

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
You take whatever you want. I'm not an Apple apologist at all, I'm just stating the facts. Just because you are inept doesn't mean others are. There are problems with all operating systems (including OS X) but since you have the answers have fun. It took me less than 25 min. each to install on SEVERAL MACHINES. No, I don't work for Apple, it's just not that hard for most people.

You stated no facts, just attitude. It's Not the install time. It's all the time dealing with issues when they occur and there appear to be many.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I had much more irritation with the early release of Yosemite. I heard the same complaints from a different set of users. The final release of Yosemite was pretty good. El Cap is still an early release cycle. It will mature and improve as every new release does. FOR ME, I have found the early release versions of El Capitan to be much more palatable than the early releases of Yosemite. No one has said that people don't have real issues, I'm sure they do, but just as many problems are caused by other software and the users themselves. It's the sweeping statements like "you have to be an Apple Tech. to install an OS" that are the most ridiculous. These are the people that motivate companies to dumb-down their operating systems (and other software).

My my, how soon people forget all the screaming and yelling that was done with... Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, (insert your favorite release here).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.